Jump to content

General News and Notes


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m not happy with the play of either of these tackles 

Complete opposite myself.

One is a rookie and the other one is coming off a massive knee injury and we're top 10 on the NFL offensively and have the league leading rusher. That's not done with a trash booends considering our RG situation and Norwell playing how he's player (although very solid outing yesterday).

Is there plenty of improvement available to both? Yes, but given the context I think they've played very well and definitely gives me hope as long term fixtures.

Cam Robinson in pass pro has been shakey but he's an elite run blocking LT. Jawaan has certainly showed me that he has a chance to be special given time to continue to develop. The talent is very clearly there.

Edited by .Buzz
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Complete opposite myself.

One is a rookie and the other one is coming off a massive knee injury and we're top 10 on the NFL offensively and have the league leading rusher. That's not done with a trash booends considering our RG situation and Norwell playing how he's player (although very solid outing yesterday).

Is there plenty of improvement available to both? Yes, but given the context I think they've played very well and definitely gives me hope as long term fixtures.

Cam Robinson in pass pro has been shakey but he's an elite run blocking LT. Jawaan has certainly showed me that he has a chance to be special given time to continue to develop. The talent is very clearly there.

I wasn’t happy with Cam’s play before his injury he is a highly penalized drive killer. Cam’s issue is he is lazy he can’t stay healthy. I don’t believe you’re ever going to see the best Cam he could be he just doesn’t strike me as a guy who is going to work on his game. It feels like both avg giving up a sack to 2 sacks a game the top notch tackles don’t do that. The problem I have with Jawaan I feel like he’s giving up at least a sack a game as well another thing that irks me is how unbalanced this team is running the ball to the right side of this line. The Jags are avg like 2 yards a clip running the ball on the right side of the line. Growing pains with a rookie in pass pro understandable but running the ball should be your bread and butter. 

Edited by DuvalsKing
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting...

We obviously need to pay him but I really don't know what the teams plans are with him. I think we love him/plan to make him a lynchpin, but who knows at this point.

If we let him go I will be livid, but I'd rather trade and get some good value if we don't plan on paying him.

Edited by .Buzz
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Pats got the Jets looking like a JV team tonight. It’ll be up for debate late in the 3rd quarter when the Jags line up with them.

They literally beat Dallas last week.

Sure, they looked bad, but it's also the Pats who also happen to have arguably the best D in football this year headed by Belechick...so let's not act like it'll be some cakewalk. 

Edited by .Buzz
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

They literally beat Dallas last week.

Sure, they looked bad, but it's also the Pats who also happen to have arguably the best D in football this year headed by Belechick...so let's not act like it'll be some cakewalk. 

I think the narrative with the Patriots D was who have they played lately but the Jets have talent on offense so this was impressive

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Interesting...

We obviously need to pay him but I really don't know what the teams plans are with him. I think we love him/plan to make him a lynchpin, but who knows at this point.

If we let him go I will be livid, but I'd rather trade and get some good value if we don't plan on paying him.

I hope we pay him soon, the more I hear about offers the more I think he will be traded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I hope we pay him soon, the more I hear about offers the more I think he will be traded. 

If we can get a 1st rounder out of Yann I wouldn’t be upset. I love Yann but the Jags need to accumulate cheaper talent. If the Jags play this right 2021 should be no excuses why the Jags should not be one of the most competitive teams in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

If we can get a 1st rounder out of Yann I wouldn’t be upset. I love Yann but the Jags need to accumulate cheaper talent. If the Jags play this right 2021 should be no excuses why the Jags should not be one of the most competitive teams in the league.

Allen very clearly is the most ideal in Yan's spot and is going to be a wrecking ball. But Yan is def one of the best pass rushers in franchise history and it seems idiotic to let him go imo.

If we can get a 1st+mid/late rder it's enticing given his contract situation. 

Sounds like the Raiders and Ravens could be calling us on him. We'll see. I'd prefer to pay him.

Edited by .Buzz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears fan here.  Really curious to hear what you guys think will happen with Foles given Minshew's surprising development this season.

Do you bench the rookie once Foles is healthy enough to return or do you keep rolling with him as long as he continues to play well?

Also is there a realistic chance Marrone is canned after this season and if so do you think that makes Foles available for trade or is he a release candidate?  This is assuming Minshew continues to play well and proves that he deserves a chance at being a starter in this league.

Lots of talk about what the Bears will do at QB since it's looking like a real possibility at this point that they will be looking to upgrade on Trubisky after this year.

Foles is a guy that gets talked about a lot due to his connection with Matt Nagy and coming from that Reid/Philly offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

If we can get a 1st rounder out of Yann I wouldn’t be upset. I love Yann but the Jags need to accumulate cheaper talent. If the Jags play this right 2021 should be no excuses why the Jags should not be one of the most competitive teams in the league.

Or we keep Yan have 1 of the best 1-2 punches rushing the passer and be 1 of the most competitive teams. Getting a 1st is super fun on draft day but Yan should not be dealt for just a 1st. He isn't a problem like Jalen was at the end and he plays a more important position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Bears fan here.  Really curious to hear what you guys think will happen with Foles given Minshew's surprising development this season.

Do you bench the rookie once Foles is healthy enough to return or do you keep rolling with him as long as he continues to play well?

Also is there a realistic chance Marrone is canned after this season and if so do you think that makes Foles available for trade or is he a release candidate?  This is assuming Minshew continues to play well and proves that he deserves a chance at being a starter in this league.

Lots of talk about what the Bears will do at QB since it's looking like a real possibility at this point that they will be looking to upgrade on Trubisky after this year.

Foles is a guy that gets talked about a lot due to his connection with Matt Nagy and coming from that Reid/Philly offense.

I think its still tbd. Really hard to tell 100% because it probably comes down to the locker room(or at least partly). If they have bought in to Minshew as their QB to ride or die with then Foles might be traded. While Foles is a veteran he hasn't exactly proven anything for this organization

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...