General News and Notes

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also worth noting, Indy and NE dont even have QBs really with no real options on their team now or without major draft capital. 

Think NE takes a strong look at a guy like Mac Jones or someone like that tbh.

Indy definitely will grab a guy like Darnold/Wentz or something though imo.

It was reported that a team stopped negotiating with the Eagles after hearing the cost, and that the team had previously been viewed as a favorite.

It’s probably Ballard. He’s smart enough to not overpay for Wentz. 

35 minutes ago, pwny said:

It was reported that a team stopped negotiating with the Eagles after hearing the cost, and that the team had previously been viewed as a favorite.

It’s probably Ballard. He’s smart enough to not overpay for Wentz. 

Yeah, I wonder what direction they go now? 

Darnold and...? Not sure there's many other legit vet options unless I've missed other guys being on the block.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I wonder what direction they go now? 

Darnold and...? Not sure there's many other legit vet options unless I've missed other guys being on the block.

I guess they could run back another year with Brissett.

Teddy, Cousins and Jimmy G all have a good chance of being traded. Cam and Jameis are Free Agents. Whoever lands Watson might be willing to move their QB if they don't ship them to Houston. Trubisky is available. Derek Carr might be available, according to some reports. Maybe the Falcons draft a QB and move on from Matt Ryan. It's been shot down, but I guess throw in the rumor that Luck is considering a return.

13 hours ago, pwny said:

I guess they could run back another year with Brissett.

Teddy, Cousins and Jimmy G all have a good chance of being traded. Cam and Jameis are Free Agents. Whoever lands Watson might be willing to move their QB if they don't ship them to Houston. Trubisky is available. Derek Carr might be available, according to some reports. Maybe the Falcons draft a QB and move on from Matt Ryan. It's been shot down, but I guess throw in the rumor that Luck is considering a return.

It's definitely going to be an interesting QB carousel offseason.  Sorta have to wait for the other big dominoes to fall though, before it's anything other than darts in the dark.

I still look at the Goff thing and don't understand it for the Lions.  I can't help but think in the back of my mind, that they could be playing a high stakes game of chicken, waiting to bend over whoever is left without a chair when Watson and Wentz move and the music stops.  But it would be a very Lions thing to do, to actually buy in on Goff for some reason, rather than just starting with a completely fresh new canvas, and starting to paint their "new era" on a slightly used one instead.

There are a few various reclamation projects kicking around out there for some desperate team to sell to fans on a "punt" year.  But until we find out where Watson and Wentz end up, it's pretty futile trying to predict how it'll shake out for a team like Indy.

I did have a nightmare like a week ago, where Brady won the Superbowl, then during his trophy acceptance speech, he turned and pointing through the television at me and said, "Yeaaaaaaaaah i did it!  I'm gonna come back and do it again next year!  With Indy!!!  *evil Brady laugh*".  

So that's definitely a realistic possibility to think about.

• Like 1