General News and Notes

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Chops013 said:

I’m all in the Orlando Brown train. Think getting him would be an absolute home run. Having QB and LT locked up for the next half a decade with guys currently in their early 20s would be incredible.

I'm a tad worried on asking price but I agree.

Tunsil went for a boatload. Phins had more leverage and that was a BOB deal, but I will admit I'm curious what it'd take.

1 minute ago, Chops013 said:

I’m all in the Orlando Brown train. Think getting him would be an absolute home run. Having QB and LT locked up for the next half a decade with guys currently in their early 20s would be incredible.

It’s such a no brainer, even for pick 25. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Meh, I would rather just throw all the money at Trent Williams and keep 25.

That’s certainly an option too. Gotta wonder how many more years he has, and how much more he might theoretically cost, given he just played like the best LT in football.

If you can get Brown for $6M/year less and then supplement that with another guy at Safety or whatever that you throw $8M at (6M saved + the salary of a rookie at #25), you probably come out ahead of pick 25. And with theoretically players that will likely be here longer.