General News and Notes

.Buzz

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

Ultimately though, I just want them to explore every avenue possible to make sure that Trevor doesn’t go through what Burrow is currently going through.

Agreed. Even if we signed Trent Williams (two or three year deal), I would still want them to invest heavily into the OL via the Draft. 

• Like 1

I prefer Brown at his age+upside+ability to be a long term LT for Lawrence personally.

Trent is 32-33, which is fine, but also worrisome as we know how older FAs have done here on there last legs. Not to say Trent would be the same, but there's risk there. He also likely would command $20-$22M per to come here I imagine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pwny said:

Meanwhile, I feel like Brown is more likely to be in a 14-16 range if you lock him up now. Might even get him a little lower. 

Yeah, mid/high teens is what I'd expect. Wonder if he'd want to wait and see how this year goes or want to lock in right away though.

As far as OL in the draft, I'm all for drafting a couple guys for depth/future purposes, but as I've said, can't say I'm big on the idea of starting a rookie at LT. I also don't think any of our interior would get unseated by a rookie unless they forced the issue. Norwell/Linder are damn good, and Cann (although just an average RG) had easily his best season this past year.

Trade for Brown, sign Williams, or franchise Cam/sign him to a 1-2 yr prove it deal. Only options that I'm cool with at this point I'd say.

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, mid/high teens is what I'd expect. Wonder if he'd want to wait and see how this year goes or want to lock in right away though.

As far as OL in the draft, I'm all for drafting a couple guys for depth/future purposes, but as I've said, can't say I'm big on the idea of starting a rookie at LT. I also don't think any of our interior would get unseated by a rookie unless they forced the issue. Norwell/Linder are damn good, and Cann (although just an average RG) had easily his best season this past year.

Trade for Brown, sign Williams, or franchise Cam/sign him to a 1-2 yr prove it deal. Only options that I'm cool with at this point I'd say.

Pretty sure davis would start over cann easily as would vera. 

Y'all notice the teal loading bar on the coach hire graphics (and like all of the social media posts since Urban came on)? Dilla brought it up as well, but I wonder if that's a hint at a switch to teal primaries being announced eventually.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Y'all notice the teal loading bar on the coach hire graphics (and like all of the social media posts since Urban came on)? Dilla brought it up as well, but I wonder if that's a hint at a switch to teal primaries being announced eventually.

God I hope.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Are we eligible for new uni’s yet?