Jump to content

General News and Notes


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Don’t know how legit this account is, but “Blackmon” is liking and making comments about a comeback.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

As weird as this offseason has been, Blackmon coming back wouldn’t surprise me lol.

I loved that dude. Was on his way to being a legit top 5 receiver imo.

Its been so long and if this ends up happening I have no idea if he'd still have it, but the talent was overwhelming there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pwny said:

Depending on the compensation, it’s intriguing. Chark probably goes back the other way in a trade, so I’m not sure it *doesn’t make sense*, as it wouldn’t crowd the WR room. If the team doesn’t think Chark is going to be worth the new contract he will command after this season, I could see them going this direction. 

But this is a short term play for a team that is in a long-term game

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But this is a short term play for a team that is in a long-term game

So is potentially letting Chark go. If they think Chark is a long term fixture, then sure. But otherwise, having him for one year is a shorter term play than trading for a guy that should be a star for 3 years and still really good past that. 

And I don’t know how “long term” our game is. You have to win a title in a QBs rookie contract window or you won’t ever win one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, pwny said:

So is potentially letting Chark go. If they think Chark is a long term fixture, then sure. But otherwise, having him for one year is a shorter term play than trading for a guy that should be a star for 3 years and still really good past that. 

And I don’t know how “long term” our game is. You have to win a title in a QBs rookie contract window or you won’t ever win one. 

True but it isnt just going to be a Chark for Julio swap either. 

I do agree though the window is with a rookie QB but is Julio even around in 2023?

I'd be curious of what the pick cost would be on top of Chark

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832
Link to post
Share on other sites


Sounds like Urban’s explanation of expecting a lot from players but also being very strong in the support you give them is, at least for the moment, playing well in the locker room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, pwny said:

 

I also think that the color on the background on a player’s name is their current injury state; white being 100% cleared, yellow (Trevor is the only one of ours with it; there were some other players who got drafted elsewhere that also had yellow that I couldn’t verify injuries for, but mostly minor things don’t get reported) being *injured but ready for camp*, red as *will miss some time* (Paye was here), and red background with yellow letters as *need significant recovery time* (Cisco, Waddle and Farley all with this). 

 

On 5/22/2021 at 9:38 AM, pwny said:

They also yellow marked Zach Wilson’s height. 

So what i'm taking out of all this...is that clearly they thought Zach Wilson probably won't currently be tall enough to attend camp, and might miss some time.  But could grow out of it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, pwny said:

Depending on the compensation, it’s intriguing. Chark probably goes back the other way in a trade, so I’m not sure it *doesn’t make sense*, as it wouldn’t crowd the WR room. If the team doesn’t think Chark is going to be worth the new contract he will command after this season, I could see them going this direction. 

Yeah.  It's definitely something i'd kinda hope they at least thought about, or casually kicked tires on at least.

Odds are, the price really doesn't make sense, and the age doesn't quite line up right.  But with a talent of Julio's caliber, you have to at least think about it.  That'd be one heck of a weapon for Lawrence to find his footing in the league with.  And the contract stuff with Chark is definitely a potential challenge looming on the horizon for them to tackle.  It could easily end up in an awkward situation where he produces enough to warrant a bigger contract than he's really "worth" committing to long-term.

 

The whole thing is probably a moot point anyway though, considering i seriously doubt a team in the Jaguars current state, is what Julio is really looking for and excited to play out his last really good years with right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...