General News and Notes

.Buzz

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

One thing has become very evident.

One of those two first round picks needs to be on a WR, imo.

I put some blame on lees lack of durability that caldwell/coughlin didnt believe and of course dedes injury. 

I think if everyone is healthy we have a solid 4wr group. 

Chark-Conley-dede-lee. 

Depending what you do with lee u might wanna invest in a 2nd slot wr to play behind dede. 

I like the idea of adding Riggs cuz thats 2 deep threats that teams should respect. This wr class also looks fairly deep to me at this point. 

It's a virtual certainty that Lee will be released after the season. Draft a WR in the first round then you have Chark, Dede, and the 1st rounder as your starters with likely Conley and Cole rotating in. As much as Flip rotates WRs, Conley's role shouldn't decrease an extraordinary amount (really, it would probably be what it was originally intended to be as I think they anticipated Lee coming back from injury quicker and better than he actually did).

18 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

It's a virtual certainty that Lee will be released after the season. Draft a WR in the first round then you have Chark, Dede, and the 1st rounder as your starters with likely Conley and Cole rotating in. As much as Flip rotates WRs, Conley's role shouldn't decrease an extraordinary amount (really, it would probably be what it was originally intended to be as I think they anticipated Lee coming back from injury quicker and better than he actually did).

this wr class pretty deep and barring an entire regime change i dont think Coughlin/caldwell will invest a 1st in a WR especially when they have marrone being a smash-mouth running offense. 

On 30/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, .Buzz said:

I feel like the overall slant of this string of tweets is looking at something, and taking completely the wrong thing away from it.

It's not a, "just pass more and you'll have more success" sort of juvenile analysis solution.  That's not how it works.

Really, that's pretty darn good company to be in, with those other teams that do a lot of redzone running.  The difference of import here, is their effectiveness in running the ball in those situations.  Basically...our OLine kinda sucks, and that makes it a lot harder to do good things in the redzone.  Becoming more one-dimensional in the redzone as that string kinda suggests, is basically the opposite of the right thing to do there.

On 03/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, .Buzz said:

One thing has become very evident.

One of those two first round picks needs to be on a WR, imo.

Yeah.  Chark has been found money this year, in that he's actually emerged as the sort of guy he kinda "projected" as coming out of college.  But it's also become pretty clear that he's got a less than complete overall skillset, and he's not going to thrive if he's the focal point of defensive coverages every week.

Now...you slot a real #1WR type threat in opposite him, and Chark is looking like he's got the skillset to feast in that supporting role.  Dede should be perfectly cut out to thrive in the slot, and there's depth behind that.

It's just the difference between a collection of #2-3ish WRs, and what happens when a real #1WR threat slots in at the top of the depth chart and slides everyone else down into those perfect roles where they can excel.

This team has a lot of needs though.  This list feels like it just keeps growing, even since last year's disaster season.  We need to seriously address the secondary, LBers, OLine, with quite a bit of urgency.  With a lot of other secondary and tertiary needs behind that still.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Funny thing is we were worried about our run d when we cut Dareus. Can we afford to lose him?

Think he gets a restructure.

We need to see what we have with Russell and draft a guy like Brown in the draft along with a thumper at LB. Jack needs to go to his natural position.

That would go a long way.