General News and Notes

.Buzz

On 10/27/2021 at 9:53 AM, LinderFournette said:

So, that's not great.  Can't score, won't score.  Can't stop other team from scoring.  All bad.

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

So this confirms our offense can't really recover from a penalty while our defense dies a pretty good job

I'm not really sure how useful a metric this is.  Or that it says anything flattering about our team in context with the other chart.  Like...yeah, our offense sucks muddy swamp water when they commit penalties.  Obviously.  And they do it way too often, for no justifiable reason.

The defense also sucks, but it's not always because of penalties?  They just genuinely suck?  Great!

Edited by Tugboat

I brought up earlier the question of do you continue to let Trent build this franchise.. people said it’s to early to tell. Ok…

1.) Travis Etteine- 🤕

2.) Tyson Campbel‍l 🙄

3.) Walker Little- 🤷‍♂️ 

4.)Andre Cisco-😒

5.) Jay Tufele-🤕 

6.) Jordan Smith-🎣 

7.) Luke Ferrell-😐

8.) Jalen Camp-👉🚪

On a 1-15 team 4 of the top 65 players have amassed 266 snaps 264 of those snaps belongs to Tyson Campbell. How? Etteine ok understandable but when your next leading draftee in terms of snaps is Luke Farrell at 116 snaps.. this is not a great return on an investment.. you add in the additions of his free agent signings Shaq, Robertson-Harris, Jones Jr, Jenkins, Dorset, Hyde, Smoot, Herndon, Manhertz, Shatley, Ward, and Agnew. All outside Shaq, Jones Jr, Agnew.. the rest should have been depth at best including Smoot to me Jenkins isn’t a starting caliber safety minus him playing on an already extremely talented team. This ain’t it folks.

Edited by DuvalsKing

20 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

since the beginning of the 2008 season, the Jaguars have lost 89/214 (41.59%) games by 9 or more points

If we take out the 2017 outlier, it becomes 86/198 which is 43.43%. 2019-Present it's been 21/39 which is 53.85%.

debbie downer GIF

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:27 PM, DuvalsKing said:

The thing that's most disconcerting to me...is that Urban still seems to believe that you can build a secondary so good, the rest doesn't matter.  Or something.

When it's very clearly the other way around.  All NFL success is screaming the exact opposite.  If you can impact and influence the QB, your secondary player is literally secondary.  It's in the name man.  Just build a beastly front, and you can make due with just "solid" DBs you can pick up out of free agency or whatever to fit your system.  Just get pressure, and get it reliably, while maintaining run discipline...and you've got a defense.  Otherwise, you've got nothing.

• Like 2

I can’t believe how disastrous the Urban era has been. What is worrisome is it seems like he is still learning on the job despite telling us he spent the year prior studying and learning the pro game. It’s insane to me that we just had one of the sloppiest games that I have ever seen while also coming off a bye week.

I am really concerned that Khan will good to Urban for a few years like he did with Gus. I get the feeling Urban is safe no matter what this year (barring more off the field stuff).

I swear if Daboll goes somewhere like the Bears and turns them around quickly, I’ll be sick.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The thing that's most disconcerting to me...is that Urban still seems to believe that you can build a secondary so good, the rest doesn't matter.  Or something.

When it's very clearly the other way around.  All NFL success is screaming the exact opposite.  If you can impact and influence the QB, your secondary player is literally secondary.  It's in the name man.  Just build a beastly front, and you can make due with just "solid" DBs you can pick up out of free agency or whatever to fit your system.  Just get pressure, and get it reliably, while maintaining run discipline...and you've got a defense.  Otherwise, you've got nothing.

100% THIS!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Chops013 said:

I can’t believe how disastrous the Urban era has been. What is worrisome is it seems like he is still learning on the job despite telling us he spent the year prior studying and learning the pro game. It’s insane to me that we just had one of the sloppiest games that I have ever seen while also coming off a bye week.

I am really concerned that Khan will good to Urban for a few years like he did with Gus. I get the feeling Urban is safe no matter what this year (barring more off the field stuff).

I swear if Daboll goes somewhere like the Bears and turns them around quickly, I’ll be sick.

I really, really want to get behind Urban and like him, but I'm just not feeling it.  Maybe we haven't given him enough time and he can still turn it around.  It doesn't look good though.

At least we can be thankful he didn't mess up the #1 pick.

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

So there's this out here

I would have been all for moving him if we could get anything decent for him.  Maybe even a third round pick?  Chaisson is starting to look like another bust of a pick from the old regime.  I wonder what we were trying to get for him?