NBC Universal to reboot Battlestar Galactica for Peacock

MikeT14

http://collider.com/battlestar-galactica-reboot-saved-by-the-bell-reboot-peacock/ 

NBCUniversal had a big unveiling for its upcoming streaming service Peacock earlier today, and along with the list of library titles that will be available upon launch, they made two major new series announcements: a Battlestar Galactica reboot from Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail and a Saved by the Bell revival.

Since that time, a continuation or reboot of Battlestar Galactica has been in the works, but none has come to fruition. Universal put a feature film reboot in development in the 2009 with Bryan Singer originally set to direct, and most recently Francis Lawrence (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) came onboard to helm the project in 2016.

With the news that Mr. Robot and Homecoming creator Esmail is executive producing a new Battlestar Galactica reboot, it’s safe to say that iteration of the Battlestar movie is probably dead.

Edited by MikeT14

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

WTF is Peacock?  Is that NBC’s attempt to stay relevant in the age of instant streaming?  It’s a bit too late for that.  

Is it? Disney is the clear cut king of media and they are only just releasing a streaming app. CBS has only had one for a year. I think now is the age of major channels trying to make the switch before cable dies in the next 5-10 years

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Is it? Disney is the clear cut king of media and they are only just releasing a streaming app. CBS has only had one for a year. I think now is the age of major channels trying to make the switch before cable dies in the next 5-10 years

It’s too late because there are too many.  CBS All Access, Disney, Hulu, Netflix.  People aren’t going to pay for 4, 5 streaming services at 10 + each.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s too late because there are too many.  CBS All Access, Disney, Hulu, Netflix.  People aren’t going to pay for 4, 5 streaming services at 10 + each.  

No? People pay (these are standard comcast prices in NH mind you) $150 a month for cable that includes espn, HBO, etc and internet. If you pay 10 bucks for Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, CBS, Peacock, and a Fox Channel at some point thats $60 a month and internet in the same package listed above solo from comcast would be $40. You still save $50

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

No? People pay (these are standard comcast prices in NH mind you) $150 a month for cable that includes espn, HBO, etc and internet. If you pay 10 bucks for Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, CBS, Peacock, and a Fox Channel at some point thats $60 a month and internet in the same package listed above solo from comcast would be $40. You still save $50

Gen-X is a bunch of gullible rubes who throw their money at stupid things. There will be plenty of them signing up for every streaming service on offered. 

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Gen-X is a bunch of gullible rubes who throw their money at stupid things. There will be plenty of them signing up for every streaming service on offered. 

Have we finally reached the age where millennials can smack talk the generation below them the same way every generation hates the one after theirs? I didn't think it'd come so soon.

Does anyone actually want a Saved by the Bell series at this point?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Have we finally reached the age where millennials can smack talk the generation below them the same way every generation hates the one after theirs? I didn't think it'd come so soon.

Does anyone actually want a Saved by the Bell series at this point?

Gen-X is the tiny generation above millennials. Gen-Z (who will always be refered to as Zoomers) are below.

Saved by the Bell is happening because Gen-X can't let their past go, and are throwing boat loads of money at trying to relive them.

As a Gen-x-er myself, the generation is only tiny if you use the most stupid definition of millennial which is from like 1983-2000.  That's absurd.  My GF is not from a different generation than myself.  

Anyways......

I loved Saved by the Bell in elementary and MS, the college years was kinda fun in HS, other than maybe a reunion tv movie, I am likely not interested in saved by the Bell, the AARP years.  Yes Kelly is still hot, but Elizabeth Berkley did showgirls, Dustin Diamond is a real creep.  The girl who played Lisa is irrelevant, and Mario Lopez is, well Mario Lopez.  

I dont think it's going to do much.

Also, not sure the need to reboot BG like 5 years after the last reboot ended.