Njoku Hit

brooks1957

Anyone who has seen my in game posts knows that I tend to go after, what I perceive to be, the inequality of the officiating.

That is why I feel better this morning - I stayed away from the dang keyboard last night. I don't need to apologize this morning for stupid things my fingers pounded out last night.

All that being said, and now away from the heat of the moment - I do have what I consider a legitimate question. On the play that forced Njoku from the game last night, should that not have been a 15 yard penalty?

I think so. I think that was clearly a hit on a defenseless receiver. Njoku was in the air and extending for the catch. The fact that the Jets defender was able to get under David and flip him so he landed on his noggin reinforces to me that this is exactly the type of play the rule was revised for. Sure, these are the big, splashy hits - but they are also the kind of hits that potentially end careers.

These are also the kind of hits, I feel, that the league revised the rule a few years ago in the name of player safety.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it was “he was only targeted once and dropped”, but I could be wrong.

Here it is, I found it:

I hate David Njoku. The bum can't catch a cold. Good riddance next year. I hate him more than Buno hates Josh Gordon. I'm dead serious.

• Like 4

It reminded me of Braylon jumping for every pass that was 5 feet above the ground.

He could have just reached up tbh.

Braylon also caught footballs as if he didn't have arms or hands. He had to catch it squarely in the midsection or else it was a definite drop.

• Like 1