Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

lol I think he's a good coach . He just wanted to establish the run And it didn't work than we ran shutgun which was fine but Ryan grant shouldn't be starting at all.

?!?!?

He gave up on the run before the game even realistically started. They ended up with 17 rushes in total (4 of which belong to Cousins) versus 40 pass attempts. If you solely consider handoffs, you are talking about over a 3:1 pass:rush ratio. The vast majority of the game they were within one score of the Eagles or leading (only times they weren't were from 2Q 13:28 to 2Q 8:39 and 4Q 1:38 to end of game).

There is ZERO reason we should have that lopsided a pass:rush ratio other the coach's decision.

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Two things:

1. Doctson was on the field? Really?? I completely missed that.
  2. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that the "big 2017 FA adds" amounted to little. SHOCKED I tell you. I mean, couldn't someone have said when they were signed that they were bums?! Won't someone please think of the children?!?

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ioannidis received more snaps because he's consistently been better than both McGee and McClain. He's developed quite nicely but he's not a difference maker. 

Not every player will turn into superstars. Solid, workmanlike players are useful though.

21 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

I just can't seem to recall how this went over last time. o.O

Kirk is getting more and more selfish as this contract situation drags on.  I've heard him throw his teammates under the bus constantly lately, and refuse to take sole blame for his bad decisions.  It's really disappointing.  This won't end well.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Kirk is getting more and more selfish as this contract situation drags on.  I've heard him throw his teammates under the bus constantly lately, and refuse to take sole blame for his bad decisions.  It's really disappointing.  This won't end well.

There's nothing that can be done about his contract until next season per the CBA.

As for the offense

• Ryan Grant: I am sorry. You balled out yesterday and arguably are the only person on the entire offense who deserves a gold star.
  • Trent Williams: You played adequately, but not exactly what I would expect from a Pro Bowl left tackle.
  • Chase Rouiller: You played decently, but the line as a whole looked lost, which is partly your responsibility. However, you're a rookie, so you get a little slack on that front.
  • Jordan Reed & Jamison Crowder: you guys were average. Not what is expected of you, but you are coming off injuries/got injured this week, so I'll cut you a little slack as well.

The rest of them? To a man, cow dung.

Just now, Woz said:

There's nothing that can be done about his contract until next season per the CBA.

I'm aware.  I simply meant that as he continually plays on 1 year deals, he is feeling more pressure to prove he is worth a massive LTD.  Which makes him less likely to publically take the sole blame for his mistakes.

I'm aware.  I simply meant that as he continually plays on 1 year deals, he is feeling more pressure to prove he is worth a massive LTD.  Which makes him less likely to publically take the sole blame for his mistakes.

That's a fair criticism. At the same time, it's not surprising since guys dropping balls (Pryor) or not blocking for him (Lauvao, Scherff, and Moses) could cost him coin (and increase his injury risk).

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's a fair criticism. At the same time, it's not surprising since guys dropping balls (Pryor) or not blocking for him (Lauvao, Scherff, and Moses) could cost him coin (and increase his injury risk).

It's not surprising, but it's also something RGIII got absolutely killed for during his time here. (Sorry to bring up He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named).

It's not surprising, but it's also something RGIII got absolutely killed for during his time here. (Sorry to bring up He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named).

Very true.

What I'm hoping is that this is just rust and it will disappear in a game or so. If that happens, the team still theoretically has a QB. If not, I may become this guy after next week:

MMWzL.gif

1 hour ago, Brian23 said:

I just can't seem to recall how this went over last time. o.O

dont you guys remember Kirk screaming in trents face? he was making mistakes and kirk was letting him know. be that leader kirk. I was very happy with how the D-line played and im excited with iodonnis who is a young guy. did chase roullier start or long?

Archived