Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Ok guys after cooling off I feel like we will rebound . The Offense will click better next week I think skins come in with a better game plan and just try and do strong psssing attacks .

doctson should get more targets 

Doctson didn't even play that I saw and I heard it was a coaching decisio.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

They were 13th overall in YPG in 2011

In 2010 - they were 31st

In 2012 - they were 28th

2011 was an aberration. Stop trying to hang your hat on that one season as proof that this system works here. It doesn't.

No, 2011 wasn't an aberration. Stop playing dumb, I'm so tired of this discussion.

2010 was the uncapped year and there wasn't the normal free agency talent available because of the CBA ending and the pending lockout. They also had to deal with Haynesworth and his issues. If Haynesworth acted like a man instead of a child in 2010, the D would have been better. W/o him on the DL they were forced to start 2 guys in their mid 30s - Daniels & Holiday - and rely on Adam Carriker who wasn't quite the player he became in 2011 yet and Kedric Golston as a starter for a lot of the season. Then we had Kemo - who was supposed to be out NT - blow out his Achilles. 

In 2012 I pointed out how many players they had lost from 2012 because of injury, and they stupidly had let Rogers walk in the 2011 who was good in San Fran. These players were good and even great for us at times. If you have a good starting DL be lost for the season, another DL have to play through two PCLs in two seasons which leads to him needing microfraure surgery, your most consistent pass rusher and your best safety being lost for the season your D is going to take a huge step back.

Especially when you have a HC/Guy with final say over the roster who was too offensive minded and didn't draft well on defense for 4 years and almost every one of his defensive picks except for Kerrigan busted and he passed on JJ Watt and Robert Quinn at 10. 

We also franchised the wrong drug user in 2012 - Fred "smoke dog" Davis - instead of Laron "PED" Landry. And the guy they signed to replace Landry - Meriweather - battled a sprained knee the whole 1st half of the year and then he tore his ACL in his first full game against the Eagles.

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

He needs to play ... Ryan Grant is a master in camp but he doesn't give off a play making abilities . I will say this he was wide open one time for a td .

I agree that Doctson needs to start and play most of the snaps, but leave Ryan grant alone at least for now. He was our most consistent wr today.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

how bout we make a rule that if any one brings up rg3 or Jim Haslett gets banned .

no reason for these guys to even get mentioned .

That's not a rule that should ever be instituted. If we Any talk about the trends history we wouldn't have much good and some bad to talk about.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree that Doctson needs to start and play most of the snaps, but leave Ryan grant alone at least for now. He was our most consistent wr today.

Grant felt like a 4th stringer ...your right tho Crowder was no where he had one chance but Kirk threw an int .

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Grant felt like a 4th stringer ...your right tho Crowder was no where he had one chance but Kirk threw an int .

Grant had 15 yards per reception, that's far better than most 4th stringers. If Cousins was more accurate Grant probably would have had 5 or 6 receptions for 70 or more yards. 

If Kirk was more accurate and Pryor didn't lose his 1st target in the sun, Pryor catches 6 balls for over 160 yards and a TD.

If Cousins was more accurate Jamison Crowder catches 5 passes for 50 yards and a TD and yes, we win the game.

Cousins was off this game. That doesn't means he's going to be off every game.  

Because that was garbage time and grant just isn't a factor . I agree with Pryor tho and the good head coach gruden is he will find a way to adjust things . he isn't an idiot his gameplan wasn't aggressive but he did make a gameplan that was enough to win .

this game was basically like the Dallas game last year ... int in the end zone and all we needed was a touchdown . wentz to me had a very crappy game he's fortunate Norman and breeland didn't get the ints but he did extend plays but he was never gonna score another touchdown ..

we score and be up by 5 I no doubt felt the skins would of barley won .

the running game has to come alive I'll give kelly two games and that's it .

27 minutes ago, redskins4life said:

Time to study tapes, adjust & get a great gameplan for the Rams! I will be at the Colliseum next Sunday supporting our Redskins! Don't disappoint again!

I'm not impressed by the Rams offense but there D could be an issue .. Aaron's Donald or not Wade Phillips have shown to be a very good DC.

Ok, I just watched the Cousins int in the redzone back and forth a few times, he wasn't throwing to Crowder on the play, he was throwing to Pryor who was open on a route just behind Crowder for a TD but Pryor rounded off his route or ran the wrong route/there was miscommunication between he and Cousins and it was picked off.

Cousins probably should have went to Crowder on the play, it was the easier pass, Crowder was wide open and probably would have scored on the pass too. 

Still, I'm  99% sure that the int was not all on Kirk by judging by Pryor & Cousins' reactions after the play. Pryor looks disgusted with himself and Cousins throws his hands up like, what the hell are you doing man?

So, either Pryor didn't run his route correctly or there was miscommunication and that's what resulted in the int.

I tell ya what, Pryor better step up his game because if he doesn't with in the next few weeks, Cousins is going to lose confidence in him and Pryor will go from what seemed like our #1 target in this game to the #4 target.

If Pryor doesn't start catching these balls and running his routes correctly it's going to cost him millions of dollars.

Cousins will quickly go from going to Pryor 1st to making Reed the clear cut #1 again - which he should be anyways - on mostly short to intermediate routes. Crowder will be the # 2 on screens and similar routes to Reed and hopefully Doctson or Grant will be the #3 option on mostly short to intermediate routes.

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm not impressed by the Rams offense but there D could be an issue .. Aaron's Donald or not Wade Phillips have shown to be a very good DC.

Yeah, I agree. I think our corners will shut down their passing game. We have to contain Gurley and I just hope our offense can get a little more on the same page and score at least 20 pts.

27 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Because that was garbage time and grant just isn't a factor . I agree with Pryor tho and the good head coach gruden is he will find a way to adjust things . he isn't an idiot his gameplan wasn't aggressive but he did make a gameplan that was enough to win .

this game was basically like the Dallas game last year ... int in the end zone and all we needed was a touchdown . wentz to me had a very crappy game he's fortunate Norman and breeland didn't get the ints but he did extend plays but he was never gonna score another touchdown ..

we score and be up by 5 I no doubt felt the skins would of barley won .

the running game has to come alive I'll give kelly two games and that's it .

Grant's last Reception and target in the game was with 14:46 left in the entire game. So, it's entirely false that any of Grants receptions came in garbage time. 

In fact, if Kirk was targeting Thompson, Grant and Reed more than Pryor for the game I'm pretty sure we would have won it.

Archived