Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

Bonjour from Paris fellas.  Heard we got our butts kicked, can't say I'm surprised.  Lack of leadership from the front office trickles down through the whole organization.  A 6-10 season is coming and you can kiss goodbye to Gruden.  Seems like a nice guy but I'm not going to mourn over it.  I'm more concerned over who's picking the new head coach for next year.  Fire Bruce Allen, save the redskins.

Dude, hope you're enjoying Paris! Yesterday's game was just what we all expected from Bruce and Gruden. The defense was a little better and 53 should be a keeper tenor.gif

Regarding Gruden: 

images.jpeg

0-4 in openners and I expect we will start this season 0-4 as well. 

Btw over a beer or scotch I'll tell you about my fond memories of a Parisian stripper named Paris :) 

4 hours ago, Woz said:

?!?!?

He gave up on the run before the game even realistically started. They ended up with 17 rushes in total (4 of which belong to Cousins) versus 40 pass attempts. If you solely consider handoffs, you are talking about over a 3:1 pass:rush ratio. The vast majority of the game they were within one score of the Eagles or leading (only times they weren't were from 2Q 13:28 to 2Q 8:39 and 4Q 1:38 to end of game).

There is ZERO reason we should have that lopsided a pass:rush ratio other the coach's decision.

Would you feel comfortable rushing 20-30 times with Kelly ? lol like think about that for a sec 

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Bonjour from Paris fellas.  Heard we got our butts kicked, can't say I'm surprised.

Yeah the offensive line was about as strong as a freshly baked croissant, and the whole offense played as well as a stinky brie (while smelly, they are tasty).

I'm more concerned over who's picking the new head coach for next year.  Fire Bruce Allen, save the redskins.

Unfortunately, we cannot fire the owner.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Would you feel comfortable rushing 20-30 times with Kelly ? lol like think about that for a sec 

Yes. If they think he's the best running back, so be it. Honestly, I think they would do 25-30 carries with a mix of the backs they have, but that's a different question.

Than again you gotta realize something we where down 14-0 and having drops so it's like we couldn't rush the ball it wasn't like when we ran it we saw a already good run game .. it was terrible all around the eagles boxed in 7 on purpose to force throws .

As I said in the other thread, the drive after the Eagles scored their second touchdown and went up 13-0 (remember, they missed the extra point) was the drive where they ran it the most (4 rushes vs 2 passes).

Even if they were going to pass that much, where were the screens? Or a couple of quick hit slants?

lol Gruden shouldn't be fired he didn't lose us the game ... the D played well and the gameplan wasn't the "BEST" but we still could have won. Did he throw that int in the end zone ? Did he tell Pryor to drop passes ? Did he tell our OL to suck?

What about

• Doctson playing 20 snaps without getting a target?
  • Leaving Lauvao out on the field when he was getting manhandled?
  • Putting in an extra TE to help the right side of the line that was getting mauled?

Yes, the players stunk up the joint. But the gameplan and situational awareness during the game from the coaching staff was just as atrocious.

5 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

It's not surprising, but it's also something RGIII got absolutely killed for during his time here. (Sorry to bring up He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named).

You're not wrong here. And I agree with you and @Brian23. Kirk CANNOT do this in public. 

CANNOT!!

You DO NOT DO THIS!!

The coaches know what is going on. So do the players. Kirk could simply say "we need to play better and it starts with me" in all interviews and leave it at that in public. While in private with the coaches and F.O., he can say what he wants.

THAT'S ^^ how you do it!

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Very true.

What I'm hoping is that this is just rust and it will disappear in a game or so. If that happens, the team still theoretically has a QB. If not, I may become this guy after next week:

MMWzL.gif

I already have the dynamite (been making new suites in the cave). So I'm already halfway there.

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

dont you guys remember Kirk screaming in trents face? he was making mistakes and kirk was letting him know. be that leader kirk. I was very happy with how the D-line played and im excited with iodonnis who is a young guy. did chase roullier start or long?

Yes. And I said so during the game. You can scream all you want on the field. You NEED to be the field general. 

HOWEVER...what you CANNOT do is to throw ANYONE under the bus if you're the QB.

NO ONE.

You take the sole blame in losses. You spread around the praise in wins. That's another reason why you get paid the most.

Archived