Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

2 hours ago, Woz said:

As I said in the other thread, the drive after the Eagles scored their second touchdown and went up 13-0 (remember, they missed the extra point) was the drive where they ran it the most (4 rushes vs 2 passes).

Even if they were going to pass that much, where were the screens? Or a couple of quick hit slants?

This ^^. Our short passing game was nonexistent. It would've slowed down the pass rush and brought safeties up and made CBs cheat. That's when you hit it long.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kirk isn't coming. I'm sure he knows it and his frustrations of being stuck here another year are taking over. This was a marriage that needed to end. 

Yup. I feel confident that we should've signed him 2 years ago (even last year). Because then we could trade him if he sucked this year. Now we get nuttin'.

And if he plays this year like yesterday, I'm okay with starting over with a rookie QB

28 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I feel confident that we should've signed him 2 years ago (even last year). Because then we could trade him if he sucked this year. Now we get nuttin'.

And if he plays this year like yesterday, I'm okay with starting over with a rookie QB

Rosen!!!!!!! But seriously he will get a opportunity but honestly I think if he does play like this then maybe just maybe you can look at the FO and say maybe just maybe they knew what they were doing. If signed 2 years ago we would have been able to trade that contract. If we had of signed him to something this year and he played like this we wouldn't even be able to move him for the money he wanted

Just now, Dashing202 said:

We coulda traded him last year .. some teams where interested and we said no. It's early but don't worry .

I think he will get better. Or atleast I hope anyways. Idk were gonna see. I think in the end they are going to make him prove he's elite. Yes in McVays system it was friendly to Kirk putting up numbers. But if he wants money he has to prove he can do it no matter what and game 1 he definitely had his chances and both big opportunities he folded and folded bad!!!!

19 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he will get better. Or atleast I hope anyways. Idk were gonna see. I think in the end they are going to make him prove he's elite. Yes in McVays system it was friendly to Kirk putting up numbers. But if he wants money he has to prove he can do it no matter what and game 1 he definitely had his chances and both big opportunities he folded and folded bad!!!!

No doubt I think KC, Pryor, Reed, Crowder and Doctson will improve. We knew there would be growing pains, and even with them, we were one bad throw and one missed block away from winning.

Cooley said that something that most don't think about it how each qb had a different trajectory, speed etc to their passes and it takes time to adjust. Last year TP played most of the season with Kessler as his qb and he is equivalent to McCoy. So TP will have to get used to catching from a qb wirhba stronger arm, how much faster it gets to him and how different it looking coming out of KCs hands vs the avg @ best arm of Kessler.

On 9/11/2017 at 7:01 PM, ripsean21 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, since the big game last year against the Packers Kirk has been abysmal. I don't think this is a funk he's stuck in. This is just Kirk regressing to the mean. This is who he is and this is why they refused to pay him. I also don't believe Scot when he said he wanted to pay Kirk. Not one bit because he said he would've drafted Mariota his first year had he fallen and also said he was going to take a QB in this past draft. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, since the big game last year against the Packers Kirk has been abysmal. I don't think this is a funk he's stuck in. This is just Kirk regressing to the mean. This is who he is and this is why they refused to pay him. I also don't believe Scot when he said he wanted to pay Kirk. Not one bit because he said he would've drafted Mariota his first year had he fallen and also said he was going to take a QB in this past draft. 

You mean the Packers AND the Cowboys game (on Thanksgiving). After that Kirk has tailed downward.

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude, we suck and your coach knows our offense like the back of his hand. We're going to lose and lose badly. 

Lol ok dude it was just week 1 . If we go 0-4 tho I'll completely jump on the same ship your in .

Aaron Donald will play tho from what it seems.

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol ok dude it was just week 1 . If we go 0-4 tho I'll completely jump on the same ship your in .

Aaron Donald will play tho from what it seems.

I could be completely overreacting and I have no issue admitting I do overreact at times but he has not played well for awhile now. This goes back to last season and into this preseason and now the start of this year. He's struggling and it's not okay to continue blaming everyone but Kirk. I see this everywhere "well if the receivers would catch the ball, if the OL could block, if we had a run game, if if if". Enoughs enough, the guy is making a boat load of money to not suck and he's sucking. It's time for him to get his act together. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I could be completely overreacting and I have no issue admitting I do overreact at times but he has not played well for awhile now. This goes back to last season and into this preseason and now the start of this year. He's struggling and it's not okay to continue blaming everyone but Kirk. I see this everywhere "well if the receivers would catch the ball, if the OL could block, if we had a run game, if if if". Enoughs enough, the guy is making a boat load of money to not suck and he's sucking. It's time for him to get his act together. 

The OL coulda been better I'll agree and will have its hands full with donald and Quinn.

how ever I feel the Rams are worst than the eagles . You gotta remember to we know there playbook lol will worst case keep the game close and I think the skins offense does better 

20-17 win imo 

23 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You mean the Packers AND the Cowboys game (on Thanksgiving). After that Kirk has tailed downward.

He did good against the bears and eagles game ( last year ) the Giants game was probably by far his worst one but yes since that day he hasn't had a good game yet .

Archived