Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

On 9/7/2017 at 11:02 AM, MikeT14 said:

By golly jee whiz guys! It's here! And can you tell how excited we are? We're finally making the GDT on Thursday! WOOOOOOOOO!

This thread needs less anger towards McG, Su'a, and Kirk, and more gameday talk, women, and Pikachu gifs.

Time? 1 pm
Where? FedEx Field ("home field advantage")

redskins-sack-wentz-first-q-ap-660-350.j

What to watch for? Well it's game one of the season. So we're not out of the playoffs yet. And it's them damn stinkin' Eagles. We hate them. 

Offense: Kirk hasn't gelled worth a crap with his new receivers yet. Can he continue to put up numbers with a new #1, an injured #3, and a who the heck knows #4 on? Also we can't run the ball.

Defense: No NT, no SS, no...way jose. 

Prediction: Vegas wins. Eagles 24 - Redskins 23

Do these work for you? 

(Edited by Thai)

(Guys, its a new site but the same rules apply)

I just read a headline that stated Crowder's injury wasn't something to be worried about and he was almost certain to play. I'll try to find that story but it popped across my notifications from twitter.

It obviously goes without saying that Crowder is extremely important to this offense and Cousins in particular. He and Reed are so key to what we do on offense and they both move the chains. If we miss either it greatly affects our offense.

We already saw how much them both missing time in training camp affected the timing of the offense in the preseason. 

They're both key to our success, and I'm very hopeful it's it's not serious.

In some cool news, how about this for a cool Redskins ride:

23 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I think our OL gets dominated up front, especially in the run game.  Kirk and the WRs come out flat.  Our defense starts out well but falls apart in the 2nd half with no help from our offense.

We lose 27-14.

2 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

31-17 Redskins!!!!! 

44 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

We come out flat to a ho-hum crowd. Eagles capitalize as Kirk Cousins realizes he's no longer has Desean Jackson to stretch the field.

Eagles- 31

Redskins- 21

I hope I'm wrong.

10 or more point victory for one of our teams?

NFC East games are almost always close. Don't see why this one will be different.

On CSN JP Finlay and Rich Tandler did a over/under on stats for the Redskins players in this game vs the Eagles. They focused on just 3 guys, but we could do more.

They asked over/under 275 yards for Cousins, 4.5 receptions for Pryor and 65 yards for Kelley.

Here was my answer:

• Cousins 300 yds, 2 TDs

• Kelley 70 yds, 1 TD, 2 recs 15 yds

• Pryor 6 recs, 75 yds, 1 TD

I also think that these stats are possible for our team:

Thompson: 3 recs, 25 yds, 5 carries 25 yards

- Reed: 7 recs, 75 yds, 1 TD 

- Crowder: 5 recs, 50 yds

- Doctson: 3 recs, 40 yards

- Davis: 2 recs, 20 yds

- Allen: 4 tackles, 1 sack

- Hood: 2 tackles

- McGee: 2 tackles

- McClain: 2 tackles

- Ioannidis: 1 tackle

- Lanier: 1 tackle

- Kerrigan: 4 tackles, 1 sack

- Smith: 4 tackles

- Galette: 3 tackles, 1 sack

- Anderson: 1 tackle

- Brown: 10 tackles

- Foster: 8 tackles 

- Norman: 4 tackles, 1 pass defensed

- Breeland: 5 tackles, 1 pass defensed

- Fuller: 3 tackles

- Everett: 6 tackles

- Swearinger: 6 tackles, 1 pass defensed

I believe the defense will do well to start the game but run out of gas late considering its the first game. This offense looks sketchy at best. That run game and offensive line are going to be tested by a stout front 7 from the Eagles. I don't like the view on the interior OL at C and LG. 

WR's are far better than their CB's. But still, no chemistry with these WR's and no status on Doctson. 

On paper, I can say we win a close one cause I don't have a lot of belief in Wentz, but this will be a very stressful game as a Redskins fan. 

20-17

But deep down, I really feel like 28-17 Eagles win. I am just not excited about this offense going into this season. 

Archived