Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

Gonna just state it again: Baker was Tayne's QB1 watching him play in college and Tayne trusts Tayne. Baker will make multiple all-pro teams at the very least of his accolades. He's special, whether it not it has all come together in mid-late year 2. We're beyond set going forward.

• Like 3

I'd love him in the Saints offense. Basically what mind is describing.

Guys like mahomes, ben, rodgers, etc. all have the athleticism one way or another to make wow plays that Baker just can't. Usually it's breaking a tackle our being able to throw downfield off platform. 

Use his accuracy to your advantage. More back shoulders and putting it on top of defenders helmets. 

Who really knows though.

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Gonna just state it again: Baker was Tayne's QB1 watching him play in college and Tayne trusts Tayne. Baker will make multiple all-pro teams at the very least of his accolades. He's special, whether it not it has all come together in mid-late year 2. We're beyond set going forward.

My belief is that you can win with him, but he’s not special. He needs to cut down on the turnovers.

He needs a better offensive line.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Baker3000 yardsx2

And only two other Browns QBs have done that...and we consider them the best we have had. So to me, yes he is special like I said when I wanted us to draft him. That said, he still needs to improve and I think he will.

It's time for Baker to step up. Yesterday's performance was abysmal, and against one of the worst defenses in the NFL at that. With his regression, I'd strongly consider moving on from Freddie if they lose 2 down the stretch to Arizona/Cinci aside from probably losing to Baltimore.

If Baker was looking good like last year and we were 6-7 so be it, roll the dice again next year, but 2019 Baker is barely a starting caliber NFL QB, and the statistics/film shows it.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's time for Baker to step up. Yesterday's performance was abysmal, and against one of the worst defenses in the NFL at that. With his regression, I'd strongly consider moving on from Freddie if they lose 2 down the stretch to Arizona/Cinci aside from probably losing to Baltimore.

Yeah I think 7 wins would be enough to potential can Freddie, especially with some of the losses and Baker’s regression.

Still not sure Dorsey would pull the trigger that quickly though.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I think 7 wins would be enough to potential can Freddie, especially with some of the losses and Baker’s regression.

Still not sure Dorsey would pull the trigger that quickly though.

I don't disagree. It's hard to justify a termination on 7-9, even with the expectations going in. That said, Baker's regression to me is the most ALARMING of all of it. If we were 7-9 and Baker replicated 2018, you keep Freddie and say "growing pains", but in all seriousness (this is a legitimate question), where's the GROWTH in 2019...pretty much EVERYWHERE?

The OL has regressed (we all expected this)

Baker looks AWFUL.

Chubb looks good/just like last year.

The DL has underwhelmed against the run and getting to the QB without Myles

The secondary looks average AT BEST (granted there have been injuries)

Schobert looks GOOD.

Landry has improved I suppose.

What does this team really have to hang their hats on? They're below average offensively, average defensively, have questions about their future franchise QB, have questions about their coaching staff, with a good rushing attack and RB situation.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Just an FYI Baker was playing hurt yesterday. 

Fair point to consider.

I also think his stats were significantly worse than his actual play.  The pick to Njoku was either a catch or a .... no, it was a catch.  The one to Hodge could have been a miscommunication or maybe he just sailed one, but I’ve seen worse throws.

There were a couple nice throws to OBJ that hit the ground too.

I do think he’s looking to be too aggressive as opposed to taking the easy layups. If they want to give you easy plays, take them.

• Like 1

After watching all the games...There's a handful of QBs I'd take over Baker even as he is. This team is under a microscope and I'm just going to stay positive despite knowing the media and fans are going to spiral downwards as much as possible. 

Another offseason OBJ-Baker getting real work together. Another 1st. Myles Garrett still not hitting his ceiling. A ton of young players on defense improving. Richardson actually being worth his contract. Hopefully an easier schedule next year. At least Kitchens is unpredictable and creative at times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fair point to consider.

I also think his stats were significantly worse than his actual play.  The pick to Njoku was either a catch or a .... no, it was a catch.  The one to Hodge could have been a miscommunication or maybe he just sailed one, but I’ve seen worse throws.

There were a couple nice throws to OBJ that hit the ground too.

I do think he’s looking to be too aggressive as opposed to taking the easy layups. If they want to give you easy plays, take them.

Yeah you know me and my hatred of stats, especially for qbs. I also thought he played better than his stats. He didn’t play great either by any means. But based on everything I’ve seen of him I’m still pretty convinced he’s a franchise guy. And no I’m not looking at sand right now 🙂

One thing I really wish he’d do though is just shut up. He needs to tone his media game down. I hate that he feels like he needs to be edgy. He’ll learn we really don’t give a crap about him winning press conferences if he’s winning games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

On a scale of 1-10 how dumb was it for Baker to call out the training staff?

id put 8.5. He’s doing some really stupid stuff 

That is who he is though, id rather have 14 games of obj full go than 14 games of obj with normal agility.