Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

Baker is going into the HOF....  the HOF for Twitter foolery.  A true Twitter QB1 All-Pro with the "I know you are but what am I," "I'm not stupid your stupid" high school comebacks.

He has no self-awareness at all. All Colin Cowherd wants is for Baker to respond via Twitter. That's why Fox Sports used the @-symbol ... to increase $$$ and views.

How does this guy at 24 years old not understand that Cowherd is a Sports Entertainer. How can he not stop himself from engaging one of the truly elite sports entertaining trolls of our time.

Cowherd is a genius with this Baker stuff. Baker just can't help himself man.

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

If Aaron Rodgers was our qb tonight you guys would be calling for his head. 

We'd have a Super Bowl and had the glory of witnessing magical MVP-All-Pro-HOFer Quarterbacking play for 10 years.

Watching our 36 year old QB struggle a little late season would bother us some but mostly we wouldn't really give a F#ck while we reminisce of that Lombardi trophy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We'd have a Super Bowl and had the glory of witnessing magical MVP-All-Pro-HOFer Quarterbacking play for 10 years.

Watching our 36 year old QB struggle a little late season would bother us some but mostly we wouldn't really give a F#ck while we reminisce of that Lombardi trophy.

Yeah you just can’t grasp simple things can you?

• Like 1

As crazy as this sounds, I’ve only been bothered by Bakers mouth twice:

1. Duke Johnson comments, but he will learn from that. I think his heart was coming from a good place, but it was stupid.

2. Throwing the training staff under the bus. By far the dumbest thing he has said.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

As crazy as this sounds, I’ve only been bothered by Bakers mouth twice:

1. Duke Johnson comments, but he will learn from that. I think his heart was coming from a good place, but it was stupid.

2. Throwing the training staff under the bus. By far the dumbest thing he has said.

More or less, yeah.

He says lots of unnecessary stuff, but it’s not anything of significance.  The crap with the team/staff is over the top and out of his lane.

• Like 2

Has no one by now had a talk with Baker Mayfield after the crap we have witnessed all season? He is still taking the bait on social media in a lost season? Of all positions, it’s our starting quarterback that has no common sense whatsoever. 

“Just let Baker be Baker...”

“He’s the champion our city needs...” “...Ohio against the world ....”

At this point, put a muzzle on him and fire everyone on the coaching staff for allowing him to continue this charade. He is embarrassing this organization at this point. If this season hasn’t humbled him, I’m not sure what will at this point.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Has no one by now had a talk with Baker Mayfield after the crap we have witnessed all season? He is still taking the bait on social media in a lost season? Of all positions, it’s our starting quarterback that has no common sense whatsoever. 

“Just let Baker be Baker...”

“He’s the champion our city needs...” “...Ohio against the world ....”

At this point, put a muzzle on him and fire everyone on the coaching staff for allowing him to continue this charade. He is embarrassing this organization at this point. If this season hasn’t humbled him, I’m not sure what will at this point.

Losing endorsement deals is the only thing that will humble him if he’s that far gone.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Losing endorsement deals is the only thing that will humble him if he’s that far gone.

It’s all about mindset. I will start being optimistic about him again when I see him come in humble and ready to work on his craft. Part of that is taking ownership for individual shortcomings and a very poor year. Then you turn the page, learn from it, and put in work in the off-season. At this stage after year too, I don’t feel good about where he is at. It is clear that he did not put in the necessary work this past off-season to make the next step. 

Ideally, I hope he improves significantly year three and becomes our franchise quarterback. But if he does not, I hope he sucks bad enough that it’s easy to realize and we move on from him after the year. There is nothing worse than being in quarterback purgatory like the Buccaneers have been with Jameis Winston.

The question in this entire thing is 

“Will Baker get tired of losing enough to change his mentality.”

that’s the question how much will be get tired of losing. We have everything besides the desire to win. We got all the talent you need even more than enough. 

but how much will they get tired of knowing they could do better and not doing it

A small part of me wants to cut Baker just so the haters have to suffer but I'm drunk and that's stupid. Freddie has to go, the offense hasn't progressed and he took on that responsibility when he chose to call plays so he gambled on himself and lost. Baker missed an open OBJ yesterday but his first read was open and he completed the short pass so I don't hold that against him. Those at the game did but I didn't hear anyone boo Baker I heard a lot of Chubb chants and fire Freddie chants but I don't think most have given up on Baker and for good reason, he has the arm strength, accuracy, will to win and football intelligence to be successful. Obviously that wasn't enough this year but that doesn't mean it won't be enough in the future

Also that was the first game I've went to since I don't know when but how did we get so dumb and quiet as fans? We used to rock that old stadium when we were on defense and we were pretty lame yesterday, maybe because we lost interest in the season? Also why were we making noise when we were on offense on big 3rd and 4th down plays? Are we really that dumb of a fanbase? Why do we have to have Baker on the big screen quieting down the crowd? Do we really not know our role?

That said I was proud of the turnout and the Browns/Ravens fans ratio. Not a terrible turnout in a disappointing season.Whoever that 3rd DBag was at halftime playing the Christmas present game (who won SB tickets) should be honored that he got himself booed by his own fanbase if that was his intent, otherwise what a moron and an embarrassment to the team and city.

• Like 1