Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Thomas is definitely right about the offensive line

And as far as Baker that is the main thing. As a team we have a lot of concerns on defense too but for the offense to be able to succeed with whatever game plan the line has to be at least okay. Either every position okay or one strong side at least so the QB doesn't have to worry about screamers coming from every direction, that makes you a one read QB who has trouble with timing because the ball is there before the receiver expects it.

Baker definitely could have been better last year as far as his own production and team success but I don't think there was a way for him to turn that team into a playoff team even if he did everything right.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree.

I honesty think he’d be fine with meh talent at WR if he had time to stand in there and throw. 

A great OL is more important than great WR for him, he can throw dudes open and make the wow throws.

Yeah, you don't want garbage that can't get separation and can't catch but even with the mediocre version of OBJ and Landry that is more than enough at the position to function.

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Thread Title:

"What's up with Baker?"

;)

You said...

2020:

The year no one on this team has excuses

I'm not sure why you phrased it that way if you meant the year Baker has no excuses, which in itself is silly we don't know who 60% of our offensive line is and only know for sure that 1 WR will be returning and huge question marks at T.E.

If you are saying Bitonio, Tretter, Landry and Chubb equals no QB could have issues with that supporting cast then we probably disagree on what it takes to put any QB in a position to display their skills.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm not sure why you phrased it that way if you meant the year Baker has no excuses, which in itself is silly we don't know who 60% of our offensive line is and only know for sure that 1 WR will be returning and huge question marks at T.E.

What team doesn't have holes? Baker will be entering Year 3 as a starting QB, which is usually make or break for about any QB, or at least you have an idea of who he will be. If he doesn't show it in 2020, he likely never will.

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If you are saying Bitonio, Tretter, Landry and Chubb equals no QB could have issues with that supporting cast then we probably disagree on what it takes to put any QB in a position to display their skills.

KC just won a Super Bowl with Cameron Erving and Reiter on their OL. Yes, their LT is decent (Fisher) and their RT in Schwartz is a stud, but Mahomes is a superstar. If Baker was on his level, he'd find a way to make it work too.

Put Mahomes on the Browns and this team is an automatic Super Bowl contender.

Since Baker can't read a defense and slide a protection (maybe "yet", maybe "never"), he can't possibly help the OL presnap either.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Obviously you don't foresee Baker succeeding for whatever reason, whether because you've decided he isn't devoted to his craft, you've decided that he can't read a defense that 12 year old Madden players can or whatever the case you expect failure so if it was up to you would you cut him today and start over with someone else whether a draft pick or free agent?

If you could start any of these QBs for the Browns this year who would it be:

Baker
Teddy
Foles
Winston
Mariota
Tannehill
Keenum

Is there any that you would select Baker over?

I just read some of these past posts lol ... and did a quick google search to see what the heck people were talking about...

... Happy Wife ... Happy Life ...

There may be turmoil in the Progressive Stadium House even if the young girl is lying about everything...

.. either way it's likely creating turmoil in the Mayfield household...

... Here's to hoping Baker can get his home and work life on balance and moving forward in the right direction ..

... he also seems to be going the way of Tiger Woods where his pickups work at whatever restaurant or fast food place he passes through ... smdh ...

... the prophecy did not foretell of this ..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I just read some of these past posts lol ... and did a quick google search to see what the heck people were talking about...

There may be turmoil in the Progressive Stadium House even if the young girl is lying about everything...

... Here's to hoping Baker can get his home and work life on balance and moving forward in the right direction ..

... he also seems to be going the way of Tiger Woods where his pickups work at whatever restaurant or fast food place he passes through ... smdh ...

She’s not bad, but idk if she’s worth all that. He could do better. Especially before the disastrous 2019 season. 

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Best part is she says she kinda forgot about Baker And their activity after a couple weeks. Give me a break. If you did what she says in the parking lot of Cheesecake Factory to the starting QB before one of the biggest seasons in Browns history, you are not going to forget about him. She deleted her tweets about it all again as well

Edited by buno67

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m sure having a model wife has it’s downfalls as much as it’s ups. She’s probably very self important and high maintenance. Baker just wanted to mess with a regular college girl again. 

I take it as Potentially Emily doesn’t like to give blowies.