Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

Here’s the problem for Baker.

Baker Mayfield needs a new lucky T-shirt

Since his sophomore year of high school, Mayfield had worn the same undershirt in every game -- prep, college and pro -- which his former high school teammate Conner Floyd, now an actor in Hollywood, had given to him.

The homemade T-shirt, originally intended for Lake Travis players in 7-on-7 leagues, however, finally ripped last season, making it no longer wearable. Mayfield said he has been hunting for a new lucky shirt but hasn't found an adequate replacement just yet. -- Jake Trotter

I'm very surprised they don't do more roll outs with Baker to move the pocket and give him some open lanes and quick throws.  Also, why are they not running a no huddle offense? I just think that Baker would feel more comfortable running that style of offense.  It doesn't have to be a full blown hurry up, just no huddle so they can get into the formation quicker. 

Peace!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I'm very surprised they don't do more roll outs with Baker to move the pocket and give him some open lanes and quick throws.  Also, why are they not running a no huddle offense? I just think that Baker would feel more comfortable running that style of offense.  It doesn't have to be a full blown hurry up, just no huddle so they can get into the formation quicker. 

Peace!!!

Yeah, we are forcjng baker to not be baker square peg round hole.

We should drop monken perhaps and let the freddie flavor come through.

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah, we are forcjng baker to not be baker square peg round hole.

We should drop monken perhaps and let the freddie flavor come through.

It's easy to think Todd Monken is the problem when it 'seems' like all we did was add something new (Monken) therefore the new thing has to be to blame. It's only because I've been told otherwise by a person in the know that I don't think that.

Even on the surface level we also lost Ken Zampese; elevated Ryan Lindley; made Freddie have to spend most of his time with HC duties ...

BUT the most One thing that actually will come out later about our coaching staff if things go south is that the 2nd in command offensively is James Campmen not Todd Monken.

Monken has had a figure head position since the beginning of training camp with 2 people close to Monken thinking that he is being set up as the fall guy from the very beginning. Monken operates much like Mike Pettine did under Rex Ryan: He keeps meetings, input from players/coaches, ideas, and the game-plan organized during the week. He helps keep Freddie stay on  task and leads offensive meetings when Freddie has HC duties, but interestingly Monken often has been forced to take a backseat to Campmen.