Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’ve decided that 75% of this forum needs to get a good sleep prior to posting here again. 

Today has brought some real lows that I didn’t know existed. Don’t worry, I’m not judging individual posters necessarily. But man has this been a train wreck to read the different threads.

If I read the same stuff tomorrow when logging on, I will say that this fan base doesn’t deserve a winner and mean it.

@NateDawg and @NudeTayne still deserve a winner, even if these ingrate mouth-breathers would rather burn their LeBron jerseys. 🤷

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re being generous.

I won’t ruin the surprise for you.

😂

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

He’s playing at a Deshone Kizer level right now.

No

• Like 3

I'm playing about the Justin Fields thing 

Baker has got talent I'm not really giving up

But he is to blame for a lot of these problems. 11 INTs in 6 games? With this talent??!?!

This is an all-pro team. Deshone Kizer had Bryce Treggs

you guys need to stop giving him a cop-out and admit he came in smelling his own stuff. He didn't come in with the right mindset. He's got more commercials than touchdowns that's not good. At this point in the season that's not good. Maybe week 2 possibly 3, but week 6? Nah dog you playing like poop  

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I'm playing about the Justin Fields thing 

Baker has got talent I'm not really giving up

But he is to blame for a lot of these problems. 11 INTs in 6 games? With this talent??!?!

This is an all-pro team. Deshone Kizer had Bryce Treggs

you guys need to stop giving him a cop-out and admit he came in smelling his own stuff. He didn't come in with the right mindset. He's got more commercials than touchdowns that's not good. At this point in the season that's not good. Maybe week 2 possibly 3, but week 6? Nah dog you playing like poop  

This is fair.

I think it’s clear he needs to reevaluate what he did this offseason, because he doesn’t look like the same guy he did last year.

That said, I think back to the Njoku lunge TD, Chubb catching the pass behind the guy’s back, Landry catching the TB splitting defenders, Perriman running past defenders and I’m wondering where those type of plays are this year.

Baker got a lot more help last season than he has this year, even with a lesser supporting cast.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is fair.

I think it’s clear he needs to reevaluate what he did this offseason, because he doesn’t look like the same guy he did last year.

That said, I think back to the Njoku lunge TD, Chubb catching the pass behind the guy’s back, Landry catching the TB splitting defenders, Perriman running past defenders and I’m wondering where those type of plays are this year.

Baker got a lot more help last season than he has this year, even with a lesser supporting cast.

I think right now Njoku is missed more than we think. It be great to see him and RSJ on the field at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He’s playing at a Deshone Kizer level right now.

No.

Baker is obviously not having a good year. But days like today he played better than his stats indicate. I think you're forgetting just how terrible Kizer was - the dude was probably the dumbest QB I've ever seen play.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

You all make a lot of excuses for Baker. 5 TD 11 INTs is terrible, no excuse for that level of play.  Baker has more help than any QB in football, yet is trash every week. 

most of his ints have hand in them from the wrs whether nt catching calls that hit their hands, or running the wrong routes, or not running full routes, it is a case of the numbers not telling the whole story, it is the opposite of Kizer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DawgX said:

No.

Baker is obviously not having a good year. But days like today he played better than his stats indicate. I think you're forgetting just how terrible Kizer was - the dude was probably the dumbest QB I've ever seen play.

5 TDs and 11 INTs. He’s been terrible in the redzone just like Kizer was. He has more help than Kizer had too.

• Like 1

People are oversimplifying the issues here, wanting to take sides and put it on one individual. Freddie, Baker, WRs, etc. Truth is, it’s not that simple. Long, drawn out conversations on who was at fault between Antonio Callaway and Baker Mayfield on a slightly inaccurate football that clearly should also have been caught. It’s been a perfect storm. Poor officiating, off target passes, bad receiving play, and poor pass blocking much of the year. The one constant has been Nick Chubb. Now we are at the bye week.

On the coaching end, I for one am interested to see what the coaching staff does with an extra week, formulating a game plan, and moving forward for the second half of the season. I don’t think anyone would argue that Freddie Kitchens has been successful to start out his head coaching tenure. Wins and losses speak for themselves. But it is also still early, and the hot takers are out in full affect. Whether it’s about our quarterback or our head coach. Look at the successful quarterbacks in the league and where they were at Baker Mayfield’s current stage. I’ve said it before, but how many of them are Pat Mahomes? So few rational takes, and no in-between thoughts. It’s OK to have a strong negative opinion right now and still not want the head coach fired after six games and a new quarterback six games into his second year coming off of a great rookie season. Freddie and Baker Mayfield have both sucked much of the year. So have a lot of people other than them in the equation though.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

People are oversimplifying the issues here, wanting to take sides and put it on one individual. Freddie, Baker, WRs, etc. Truth is, it’s not that simple. Long, drawn out conversations on who was at fault between Antonio Callaway and Baker Mayfield on a slightly inaccurate football that clearly should also have been caught. It’s been a perfect storm. Poor officiating, off target passes, bad receiving play, and poor pass blocking much of the year. The one constant has been Nick Chubb. Now we are at the bye week.

On the coaching end, I for one am interested to see what the coaching staff does with an extra week, formulating a game plan, and moving forward for the second half of the season. I don’t think anyone would argue that Freddie Kitchens has been successful to start out his head coaching tenure. Wins and losses speak for themselves. But it is also still early, and the hot takers are out in full affect. Whether it’s about our quarterback or our head coach. Look at the successful quarterbacks in the league and where they were at Baker Mayfield’s current stage. I’ve said it before, but how many of them are Pat Mahomes? So few rational takes, and no in-between thoughts. It’s OK to have a strong negative opinion right now and still not want the head coach fired after six games and a new quarterback six games into his second year coming off of a great rookie season. Freddie and Baker Mayfield have both sucked much of the year. So have a lot of people other than them in the equation though.

Agree with you, but Mahomes isn't the only good quarterback out there. Maybe the only fresh quarterback that's good, but...

10 minutes ago, Notasouthernbelle said:

Agree with you, but Mahomes isn't the only good quarterback out there. Maybe the only fresh quarterback that's good, but...

Truth be told, I don’t know the trajectory of Baker’s career, and he’s not playing great right now. My point with Mayfield was that there are a lot of second year quarterbacks that have struggled but still turned out to be good. There’s time to progress, and hopefully he takes some real steps between this year and next. 

5TD and 11 picks is seriously abysmal football.

Blaming the refs after this one I see. Refs aren’t the reason he is playing like one of the worst QBs in the league this year.

We got the mentality all wrong coming into this season. And we are still getting it wrong now.

Look yourself in the mirror Baker, and get back to basics. Less commercials, less blame game, less bailing out the pocket to the right all the time, less inaccurate ball placement, less bad decisions on throws.

This is bad football and he isn’t a plucky college walk-on any more. He’s a #1 overall pick for crying out loud.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Spot on.