Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah there was no insight to that at all.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah, it was worth while seeing them, but not earth shattering analyst. 

The int to landry was a terrible play design especially v thay coverage. 

3 men route that all collapse together,  7-8 in coverage and the d line was getting pressure

Lol. 

I linked it and I never read a single word in his piece .. hahah

That's why I put at the top (article includes ALL-22 view on each) and didn't comment on the analysis as I figured most would be like me and just watch the cut-ups.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Lol. 

That's why I put at the top (article includes ALL-22 view on each) and didn't comment on the analysis as I figured most would be like me and just watch the cut-ups.

Well the article didn't hurt anything but he also didn't have information or even an opinion if there were sloppy routes or inaccurate passes. Pretty much just said someone did something wrong somewhere. Which I already knew! :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Lol. 

It shows there are a lot of parts not doing their job, pressure up the middle or around the edge. 

Bad route combos, bad routes, bad reads, bad throws, bad exectution.

Bad coaching concepts, harris blocking bosa, having a three route tree vs 7 in coverage, when the routes come together. 

It is a symphony of stupidity, and bad play.

• Like 1

Can you guys imagine the stats Baker can get if the coaches cater to him like Cousins coaches cater to him? Hot dang a sentence close to the “how much wood” sentence given to that whistling pig. And alliteration to boot. And I digress. 

Hopefully kitchens has a vision for Baker. Something more than what we’ve seen. Something that’s been so far slow to develop, that at the end of the season we’ll look back and say wow Freddie knows what he’s doing. 

Anyway, Baker is so much better than cousins. So much better. 

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can you guys imagine the stats Baker can get if the coaches cater to him like Cousins coaches cater to him?

Uh, taking what the D gives you?

Like BB does?

Like Hueball didn't?

And like Kitchens isn't?

And like Mayfield didn't come to camp prepared to do even if Kitchens did?

Cousins had a QB rating about twice what Mayfield's is.

I just hope Mayfield's lack of readiness doesn't kill this season.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Uh, taking what the D gives you?

Like BB does?

Like Hueball didn't?

And like Kitchens isn't?

And like Mayfield didn't come to camp prepared to do even if Kitchens did?

Cousins had a QB rating about twice what Mayfield's is.

I just hope Mayfield's lack of readiness doesn't kill this season.

Yeah it’s not Mayfield. 

Just now, bruceb said:

Then you have not been paying close attention to his play.

Of course I have. So far this year is an outlier. With a crap line. With no real chemistry. I challenge you and everyone to go back and watch last years film and his college film. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can you guys imagine the stats Baker can get if the coaches cater to him like Cousins coaches cater to him?

Let’s not act like the Viking coaches have done this all along tho. His first 4 games were pretty bad. Vikings have finally found an offense for him.  Also helps that the QB is also a well established vet. 

I just think right now we are seeing a Learning curve from a young HC and a young QB. Not the greatest combo but I think Dorsey wanted the two of them to grow together. I think Dorsey wanted to see some success this year like winning the division or making the playoffs where ‘20 he wants to see them win a playoff game or two. 

10 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah it’s not Mayfield. 

You're in denial man.

Acknowledging that Baker has been personally responsible for many struggles this year does not mean you have to hate Baker or that you don't believe that Baker is still going to be a great QB. 

The OL has struggled some AND Freddie hasn't put Baker in successful situations a lot of times AND the Players around Baker haven't played well at times AND Baker was impressive on coaches film last year AND Baker's personally responsible for many of our teams struggles this year.

All can be true.

But if you believe that the OLine is the primary reason our offense is struggling you're not paying close enough attention imo.

Analytically, Baker and the best QBs in the league are elite at what they do when there is no QB pressure around them. QB performance in non-QB pressure environments provides a predictive baseline for QB success because if a QB can't thrive when conditions are optimal around them they are most likely not going to perform well when conditions around them are sub-optimal.

Analytically speaking, Even in these non-pressure scenarios when the OLine is performing well and there is NO pressure around Baker, Baker has unfortunately been one of the worst if not the worst QB in the league in the vast majority of statistics and metrics. The PFF guys discussed this at length a few times as have the Football Outsiders guys.

Beyond what PFF analysts and FO analysts say if you look at the coaches film this year you'll see Baker not missing all kinds of reads and throws consistently even when the conditions around him are optimal.

Baker's experiencing second year struggles. He could easily grow through all this and be just fine, but we can't sit here and act as if Baker is mostly both free of any blame and our OLine is collapsing every other play. The facts just don't support that..

Edited by Mind Character

56 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You're in denial man.

Acknowledging that Baker has been personally responsible for many struggles this year does not mean you have to hate Baker or that you don't believe that Baker is still going to be a great QB. 

The OL has struggled some AND Freddie hasn't put Baker in successful situations a lot of times AND the Players around Baker haven't played well at times AND Baker was impressive on coaches film last year AND Baker's personally responsible for many of our teams struggles this year.

All can be true.

But if you believe that the OLine is the primary reason our offense is struggling you're not paying close enough attention imo.

Analytically, Baker and the best QBs in the league are elite at what they do when there is no QB pressure around them. QB performance in non-QB pressure environments provides a predictive baseline for QB success because if a QB can't thrive when conditions are optimal around them they are most likely not going to perform well when conditions around them are sub-optimal.

Analytically speaking, Even in these non-pressure scenarios when the OLine is performing well and there is NO pressure around Baker, Baker has unfortunately been one of the worst if not the worst QB in the league in the vast majority of statistics and metrics. The PFF guys discussed this at length a few times as have the Football Outsiders guys.

Beyond what PFF analysts and FO analysts say if you look at the coaches film this year you'll see Baker not missing all kinds of reads and throws consistently even when the conditions around him are optimal.

Baker's experiencing second year struggles. He could easily grow through all this and be just fine, but we can't sit here and act as if Baker is mostly both free of any blame and our OLine is collapsing every other play. The facts just don't support that..

I’m not in denial, I’ve already stated many times he doesn’t look good this year...SO FAR. What I do know is he has great film from college and last year, you know the majority of his career. 

And I’ve also noted the majority of people complaining about Baker are the ones that didn’t want to draft him 😉. Not just this site btw, others are worse. 

• Like 1