Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well then,  if Colin Cowherd says it I am inclined to believe it.

If he was out of shape he wouldn't have been in the endzone to greet Chubb after his 80+ yard run. He rn 18.5 mph getting there. Even if he were out of shape, which he isn't, who cares he is a QB and that isn't detrimental to their game unless they are a running QB. It will turn around for him, he is too good for it not to, and then we can talk about how hard he worked during the bye week to get in shape...

I mean, if Thomas can live with Baker’s belly bumping him in the forehead from time to time, we all can.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker being out of shape doesnt bother me, unless it is related to a lack of focus, whih it could be, he isnt as sharp as last year.

True but what shape are we looking at tho? What QB is ripped or jack. No need for Baker to be at some amazing BF%. I rather him be a little chunky to help absorb some hits. I be worried if he came in looking like Big Ben but again big be. Is a future HoF

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but what shape are we looking at tho? What QB is ripped or jack. No need for Baker to be at some amazing BF%. I rather him be a little chunky to help absorb some hits. I be worried if he came in looking like Big Ben but again big be. Is a future HoF

I don't think a bit of natural padding hurts a QB. 

20 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not without considering what got it/him there.

Can you say: "slacking"?

Im just hoping its cos his wife can cook, though it seems like the issue or one of the issues facing Baker at the moment is divided attention. 

I could be wrong, I wish Baker was more obsessed with the game right now.  

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im just hoping its cos his wife can cook, though it seems like the issue or one of the issues facing Baker at the moment is divided attention. 

I think it's more like she is expecting him to f her ears off every night.

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

But wasn’t he that way last year especially going into the season. He had underwear ads and what not. He was coming off his amazing heisman season as well. His body looks similar to last year

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

then id expect him to be in better shape. 

could explain the hip injury though. 

6-7weeks into the season when he had training camp to get in shape and football shape. Hip injury wouldn’t happen because of his offseason workout program. Prolly happen because he is prolly over compensating for some other kind of injury. Which wouldn’t surprise me since he got the crap beat out of him vs the 9ers

Edited by buno67

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

But wasn’t he that way last year especially going into the season. He had underwear ads and what not. He was coming off his amazing heisman season as well. His body looks similar to last year

He is packing more pounds, man.

And other than playing catch for a while with OBJ, Jarvis and reputedly Callaway (?), didn't seem to have done jack to get better in the offseason.