Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

2 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Why does it mean 10 wins?

Don't ruin this for us. This is the closest tmnt has ever come to coherent text communication.

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Lol yeah playing like we have played were not winning 10 games.  Our offense needs to click and he's the key.

Hes on pace for 4800 yards but hes also on pace for 32 interceptions and 16 touchdowns so ya know...there's that...

So 11 wins then.

Baker hasn't looked like himself since the Tampa Bay preseason games, wildly overthrowing/sailing balls, INTs, forcing things downfield. Who knows how much is on him trying to do too much, how much on OL/protection, and how much on change in coaching scheme. I hope that he and the coaches are watching the same tape I am and working hard to correct these things. It's all fixable. 

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Baker hasn't looked like himself since the Tampa Bay preseason games, wildly overthrowing/sailing balls, INTs, forcing things downfield. Who knows how much is on him trying to do too much, how much on OL/protection, and how much on change in coaching scheme. I hope that he and the coaches are watching the same tape I am and working hard to correct these things. It's all fixable. 

He has always sailed balls even when he was playing well last year. When he missed he almost always misses high. I have a feeling this is because he is almost always trying to rip the football to fit it in tight spots downfield. It might stem from his baseball background, but either way I cant recall too many 'touch' throws or throws that hit the receivers feet.

There are a lot of tipped pass INTs he also has because the WR is reaching up to try to get a hand on the ball. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 17/09/2019 at 6:11 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

There are a ton of factors that many have pointed out, but I think it boils down to this:

Baker historical has excelled in a quick passing, quick processing offense where long developing plays are the exception, not the norm. It really seems like this Monken offense has been very much so NOT that so far. How much of that is on the coaches and how much on Baker we can't know. But we desperately need to move towards more quick reads.

Yep. At OU he hit on deeper developing plays because he had time to sit back and survey the land.

In the NFL, taking 3.07 seconds to throw rarely means you were comfortable chilling back there in the pocket, it more likely involves a second or two of wild man scrambling and surrounded by bodies.

Baker succeeding in the NFL was always going to be primarily about quick strikes, getting the ball out like a point guard (I think that’s the correct analogy), taking advantage of his accuracy and letting the receivers do work. Basically exactly like that Beckham TD.

That has to be Mayfield’s bread and butter. Not sitting back in the pocket, full field reads and hitting someone 30-40 yards downfield on a long developing route. Most small QBs will struggle with that, and especially someone like Baker for whom it’s like a culture shock realising the difference between having all the time in the world at OU and constantly feeling like a ticking timebomb trying to hit those very same plays in the pros.

I said this from before we drafted him. He’s a Scheme QB, not a Prototype. Just like most QBs. They have their strengths and they have their limitations. It doesn’t make them a bust or a flop, nor does it make them All-World. It simply means that you need to put the guy in the best position to succeed. For Mayfield, that’s mostly half field concepts and quick hitters and then sprinkle in the long ball. Not five and seven stop drops, full field scanning and trying to push it halfway down the field all the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I dunno but ever since I saw him wolf-biting a beer, I've been planning my first attempt. 

What a boss. B|

11 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Same.

I like you Hunter. We should bite some beers together sometime

I’m guessing the English teeth will make you guys a couple of real pros at this ;) 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Haha.

I live about a 5 minute walk from there. If I open the window right now I could hear the ***** in that place.

I have to admit I've been in there once or twice. Never again....never again...

We wouldn't be the first to bite into something fizzy that explodes in there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m guessing the English teeth will make you guys a couple of real pros at this ;) 

4 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Your mum seems to like them.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just not in Sugar Hut, right? :D

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I have to admit I've been in there once or twice. Never again....never again...

We wouldn't be the first to bite into something fizzy that explodes in there.

🤔🤷

Edited by NudeTayne
Just catching everyone up
  • Like 1