Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

We will learn a lot about Baker but more so Freddie tomorrow,

We have had two weeks to prepare they played Monday. Now I’m not expecting us to put coach the Patriots because that just doesn’t happen. But it given so much extra time our game plan should at least be somewhere close to theirs.

Which then means if Baker does well we are in the game

• Like 1

Baker walked off the press conference after he didn't like Tony Grossi's 1st question about the end of half offensive operation seeming slow then Grossi followed up with an idiotic question asking if Baker was "happy with that drive (that ended in nothing)."

Many people praise Baker for such behavior because of Baker's authenticity to his self as well as because of a disdain for Tony Grossi.

For me, part of the role of being QB is sitting there when things aren't good and not letting anything rattle you or get you emotional. Standing in front of idiotic and stupid questions or instead sitting in there when critiques are thrown one's way is all part of the job.. 

For as much as we hate Grossi, the New York and Philadelphia media are much more brutal. Media members there more than anywhere always trying to stir up controversy and incite the players into a juicy headline often by throwing daggers their way. Baker has it easy in Cleveland. The media is negative, debbie downers and stupid like everywhere else but it's not a pressure cooker at all.

You can't let Tony Grossi's idiocy cause you to have to go on Twitter and post justifications about "why you're frustrated." Who gives a F***..it's noise... don't create more noise or play into it... tune it all out and just work. We all knew Baker wasn't the tune it out type from college to now. At some point though, Twitter clapbacks and all that type of meaningless foolishness just has to be let go. 

So many of our players have been asked stupid questions this year or critiqued. I've seen it. If they were to take to storm off and take to Twitter justifying themselves after it would mean our team isn't focused on the main thing. The QB has to lead in all phases. This isn't a serious issue at all, but it's another one of those things that just shows that our young QB is just that a young QB.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

At some point though, Twitter clapbacks and all that type of meaningless foolishness just has to be let go. 

Or it doesn't. I don't see how it impacts anything on the field so I don't care one way or the other he can do what he wants. It's a little refreshing not to have someone robotic all of the time. Hell he can even be a villain, as long as we start winning I'm okay with anything that doesn't cross the line.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Or it doesn't. I don't see how it impacts anything on the field so I don't care one way or the other he can do what he wants. It's a little refreshing not to have someone robotic all of the time. Hell he can even be a villain, as long as we start winning I'm okay with anything that doesn't cross the line.

Yup. People complain about players giving vanilla, boring answers to questions until a player gives them a real, honest answer. Baker didn't cross the line, IMO. The media in general is garbage and deserves to be called out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You don't think any of the other players on the team want to walk off on a presser or Tweet out stuff about the media all the time? They're human beings; of course they do. More often then not something compels them not to. It's not an issue if it's one person one time, but when it's the QB it can set the tone for the rest of the team.

It's about setting a tone for those around you. Setting a tone that all outside noise doesn't matter and only the work matters. Responding to fans, media, or anyone else criticizing or asking stupid stuff none of it matters. All that matters is the work.

Telling Twitter and Tweeterers why you're right or justified in your actions is wasted bandwith shoveling sh*t against an incoming tide. Who's he talking to on Twitter with his post?? Who gives and F-about Twitter audiences. F-em it's the trollverse.

I never said it was some fatalistic major problem or something to be overly concerned about. All big things in this world start off as small things; often times with teams things can trickle down.

If OBJ and others feel empowered to do similar stuff then an irrelevant thing that Baker did could have other effects on the focusing on the main thing. In the end, all I'm saying is the noise is going to always be there no matter what one does, but when possible don't stir up the noise.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You don't think any of the other players on the team want to walk off on a presser or Tweet out stuff about the media all the time? They're human beings; of course they do. More often then not something compels them not to. It's not an issue if it's one person one time, but when it's the QB it can set the tone for the rest of the team.

It's about setting a tone for those around you. Setting a tone that all outside noise doesn't matter and only the work matters. Responding to fans, media, or anyone else criticizing or asking stupid stuff none of it matters. All that matters is the work.

Telling Twitter and Tweeterers why you're right or justified in your actions is wasted bandwith shoveling sh*t against an incoming tide. Who's he talking to on Twitter with his post?? Who gives and F-about Twitter audiences. F-em it's the trollverse.

I never said it was some fatalistic major problem or something to be overly concerned about. All big things in this world start off as small things; often times with teams things can trickle down.

If OBJ and others feel empowered to do similar stuff then an irrelevant thing that Baker did could have other effects on the focusing on the main thing. In the end, all I'm saying is the noise is going to always be there no matter what one does, but when possible don't stir up the noise.

Why don't you write for the media? Serious question.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:26 PM, buno67 said:

G2WHmxJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Left is this September and right is last December? You don’t see any change in body type or bloating in the face like someone who started to add 10-15 pounds of sloppy weight

Don't hold your breath for the "I was wrong. We should stop irresponsibly tossing around narratives."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He’s cracking man

Because he doesn't like Grossi? That is old news and was started by Grossi

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think he’s what y’all thought he was 

As a football player or how he reacts to negativity? If it's the latter, you are wrong and if it's the former I still think you are wrong.

21 minutes ago, brownie man said:

we’re lucky we play the Broncos this week

Agree.

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Because he doesn't like Grossi? That is old news and was started by Grossi

As a football player or how he reacts to negativity? If it's the latter, you are wrong and if it's the former I still think you are wrong.

Agree.

No matter what you got to answer the question. 

you can’t be the leader and say accountability and discipline starts with you and then walk out on the press conference. I don’t care what Grossi asks if he effects you that much emotionally to where you have to walk out of your press conference  you aren’t composed enough to win in this league. That’s flat out. Y’all can say what you want about Kizer that kid stood in front of the media every single week from the 1 to 16 and showed class each time. 

Baker is a immature brat. If he’s our leader acting like that we’re not going to win a Super Bowl. You gotta be a leader at the QB position. If I’m another player watching that press conference my faith in Baker is going down by the second 

• Like 1