Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

In my opinion, for your QB, the face of the franchise to walk out of a press conference because he didn't like the dumb questions being asked of him is a bad look as a leader.  It just seems like Baker doesn't have very thick skin when it comes to criticism and he let's his emotions get the best of him.  These types of outbursts create unnecessary attention towards him and I know a lot of people like his personality and how he speaks his mind but I would prefer that he just be a professional, even if it means giving boring,  robotic answers. 

Peace!!!

25 minutes ago, brownie man said:

No matter what you got to answer the question. 

False, you have to be available you don't have to answer every question. For the record he answered it a few times before he gave up.

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

you can’t be the leader and say accountability and discipline starts with you and then walk out on the press conference.

Not related.

27 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t care what Grossi asks if he effects you that much emotionally to where you have to walk out of your press conference  you aren’t composed enough to win in this league.

Makes no sense, that's like saying if you can't read you are deaf. Totally unrelated.

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Y’all can say what you want about Kizer that kid stood in front of the media every single week from the 1 to 16 and showed class each time. 

And that didn't transition to the field, they are completely different attributes that don't relate to each other.

29 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Baker is a immature brat. If he’s our leader acting like that we’re not going to win a Super Bowl. You gotta be a leader at the QB position. If I’m another player watching that press conference my faith in Baker is going down by the second 

If they hated Baker before he got there and it was strong enough that they couldn't let it go at any point then I'd say you are correct.

I’m surprised this took this long, every week baker goes out and they ask him the same stupid questions over and over Tony especially and always trying to get a smart *** remark in. Could care less what the media thinks of baker, literally the only people whose opinions matter are his teammates, and if you think this is going to make them think less of him then I question your ability to understand a team dynamic 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I’m surprised this took this long, every week baker goes out and they ask him the same stupid questions over and over Tony especially and always trying to get a smart *** remark in. Could care less what the media thinks of baker, literally the only people whose opinions matter are his teammates, and if you think this is going to make them think less of him then I question your ability to understand a team dynamic 

Yeah I really, really doubt his teammates think any less of him for this. If anything they might be glad that he basically told Grossi to F off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

No matter what you got to answer the question. 

you can’t be the leader and say accountability and discipline starts with you and then walk out on the press conference. I don’t care what Grossi asks if he effects you that much emotionally to where you have to walk out of your press conference  you aren’t composed enough to win in this league. That’s flat out. Y’all can say what you want about Kizer that kid stood in front of the media every single week from the 1 to 16 and showed class each time. 

Baker is a immature brat. If he’s our leader acting like that we’re not going to win a Super Bowl. You gotta be a leader at the QB position. If I’m another player watching that press conference my faith in Baker is going down by the second 

No Grossi doesn’t deserve respect. The dude has been one of the most disrespectful beat guys in Cleveland for sometime. The dude talked mad crap about Baker. It’s like what Greggg Williams said at his intro presser, that he heard plenty about him. He wasn’t hearing about his amazing reporting skills.

you can bring up Kizer but he also didn’t have the media matters like Grossi up against him trying to make him look bad. Like literally no one is surprised that it was Grossi that caused this. If it was MKC, Ruiter, or others it be a major surprise. Also Grossi asks Baker a question and interrupts him, what, 3-4x to interject something, pointless and meaningless.

baker doesn’t respect Grossi one bit and has every right to it

also if other players see that, there not going to give 2 craps about it. After last week, the browns prolly don’t care about the media, after MKC blew Jarvis Landry comments way way out of proportion. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't see how it impacts anything on the field

It doesn't directly but it is a display of emotional weakness which if  plays in this area could play out on the field as well.

Leaders should be fearless and impervious to matters this trivial.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

It doesn't directly but it is a display of emotional weakness which if  plays in this area could play out on the field as well.

Leaders should be fearless and impervious to matters this trivial.

I'll pass on a fearless leader, he'll lead you places you shouldn't go. I'll take intelligent over fearless any day, not that we have seen supreme QB intelligence from Baker yet but I'm hoping he gets there.