Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

@NudeTayne  

Lol.. out of all the people on the forum what do I have to do with this??  hahah..

I've never been a "blame Baker" guy putting the struggles primarily on Freddie secondarily on the lack of time on task Baker and the offensive skill players put in during the off-season. I'm always rooting for his success as heavily as anyone despite wanting Darnold over Baker and the fun times that was that pre-draft build up.

I have though properly imo not glossed over his role in the offensive struggles and issues. On the other hand, I have celebrated his toughness playing through injury, positive moments of leadership, and improved play.

I would mention though that while I'm thrilled at Baker's steady improvement, the post-bye week quality of performance is different from The Patriots game, Buffalo game, Broncos game, and Steelers game. The quality of defenses we've played have changed as well. All are different and the box-score stats don't really tell a person all that much about the missed reads or throws or oline play, etc.

Baker's best game after the bye-week was the Steelers game, but he's still missing easy lay-ups and easy reads unfortunately. Hopefully he keeps progressing and gets to the next level during the last stretch of the season.

Edited by Mind Character

40 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@NudeTayne  

Lol.. out of all the people on the forum what do I have to do with this??  hahah..

I've never been a "blame Baker" guy putting the struggles primarily on Freddie secondarily on the lack of time on task Baker and the offensive skill players put in during the off-season. I'm always rooting for his success as heavily as anyone despite wanting Darnold over Baker and the fun times that was that pre-draft build up.

I have though properly imo not glossed over his role in the offensive struggles and issues. On the other hand, I have celebrated his toughness playing through injury, positive moments of leadership, and improved play.

I would mention though that while I'm thrilled at Baker's steady improvement, the post-bye week quality of performance is different from The Patriots game, Buffalo game, Broncos game, and Steelers game. The quality of defenses we've played have changed as well. All are different and the box-score stats don't really tell a person all that much about the missed reads or throws or oline play, etc.

Baker's best game after the bye-week was the Steelers game, but he's still missing easy lay-ups and easy reads unfortunately. Hopefully he keeps progressing and gets to the next level during the last stretch of the season.

👆👆👆👆👆

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a28fa0c2166e586d394

👇👇👇👇👇

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

pre bye:
56.57%      5 TD     11 INT     7.56 Y/A

post bye:
62.94%      6 TD      1INT       6.28 Y/A

takin what the defense is giving him and playing safer.    

Never let a good emotion interfere with fact

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, Baker needs to start having bigger games the rest of the way. He's been much better lately, but he still hasn't had a big time game this season.

Yeah, i want to see 300 yards and 3tds put of him 2-3 times durig the rst of the year. 

I especially want to see obj and baker mojo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Some people were complaining that it was against Miami but Baker was making throws that you couldn’t defend. He made a lot of those throws yesterday actually 

Exactly, bad team or not that throw is pure money. 

In fact when he made that throw live my first reaction was he made a dumb throw, then I saw the replay! 😍

• Like 1