Jump to content

Whats up with Baker


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah, I bet you it was the DMs that cause his issues this past season and not the Sh!t coaching going on, especially with all the stuff Jarvis said recently

Bad coaching, lack of dedication to the craft, and a general regression in pretty much all areas of the game. I have been rooting for a really quiet off-season from him after this past season. To be honest I have been hoping not to see or hear from him until off-season workouts and only hear from him within the context of football. 

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

This is the first time I have heard rumors like this. what were the other rumors?

https://terezowens.com/baker-mayfield-blocked-hot-female-because-she-wouldnt-suck-his-small-dck/

Tbh I hate having to track down this stupid celebrity garbage. It’s stupid nonsense. My point being, there is been an evolving pattern of poor decisions on his part. Or, his name at least being tied to stupid stuff, true or untrue. I will be most impressed/optimistic with him if he can be out of sight, out of sound, in the grind until it’s football time again. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't argue with him buno, he hates Mayfield so he makes stuff up and remembers stuff that isn't true. Seriously needs to follow the Jets or something until Baker is no longer a Brown it can't be enjoyable to watch a team who has a QB that you despise.

Obviously he will come back and say he hopes Mayfield becomes a HOF QB with the Browns and wins every SB from here on out but if he was being honest with himself he would prefer that we trade him or cut him and start over with whoever is there in the draft or Teddy Bridgewater or some such thing.

Not saying it is wrong to hate your QB just that is what it is with several in here and they get amped up when he fails like his supporters get amped up when he succeeds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Bad coaching, lack of dedication to the craft, and a general regression in pretty much all areas of the game. I have been rooting for a really quiet off-season from him after this past season. To be honest I have been hoping not to see or hear from him until off-season workouts and only hear from him within the context of football. 

https://terezowens.com/baker-mayfield-blocked-hot-female-because-she-wouldnt-suck-his-small-dck/

Tbh I hate having to track down this stupid celebrity garbage. It’s stupid nonsense. My point being, there is been an evolving pattern of poor decisions on his part. Or, his name at least being tied to stupid stuff, true or untrue. I will be most impressed/optimistic with him if he can be out of sight, out of sound, in the grind until it’s football time again. 

Terezowens is your source and it’s going off of one tweet. Dude do you believe everything just because it’s on the Internet? Or since it trashes Baker you believe it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Don't argue with him buno, he hates Mayfield so he makes stuff up and remembers stuff that isn't true. Seriously needs to follow the Jets or something until Baker is no longer a Brown it can't be enjoyable to watch a team who has a QB that you despise.

Obviously he will come back and say he hopes Mayfield becomes a HOF QB with the Browns and wins every SB from here on out but if he was being honest with himself he would prefer that we trade him or cut him and start over with whoever is there in the draft or Teddy Bridgewater or some such thing.

Not saying it is wrong to hate your QB just that is what it is with several in here and they get amped up when he fails like his supporters get amped up when he succeeds.

Except that I’m rooting for him to do well, as I do my Browns. It’s OK to be annoyed with the behavior of specific players. I keep hoping to see signs of maturity and have not seen it to this point. As for what I wish from him, I do wish for him to win Super Bowls in Cleveland. I have repeatedly said that I hope he self-reflects this offseason and improves in all areas. He has the talent, he just needs to have the desire and focus.

Your go-to of telling people to root for some other team when you don’t like the content is a bit weak. We are all free to disagree on opinions here and players without needing to go that route. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Terezowens is your source and it’s going off of one tweet. Dude do you believe everything just because it’s on the Internet? Or since it trashes Baker you believe it? 

To be honest, I didn’t say that I believe it or don’t believe any of these things. My point is that I’m tired of hearing about him when it comes to things other than football. And that when someone’s name continually gets brought up for other things, probably at least some of it has some merit. I don’t even care about these two instances on their face. I just want to hear his name only about football after this past season.  That’s it. Playbooks, film study, extra workouts, 1 on 1 with a QB Coach. That’s all I want to hear tied to his name until the off-season workouts. Somehow other QBs manage to do it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

To be honest, I didn’t say that I believe it or don’t believe any of these things. My point is that I’m tired of hearing about him when it comes to things other than football. And that when someone’s name continually gets brought up for other things, probably at least some of it has some merit. I don’t even care about these two instances on their face. I just want to hear his name only about football after this past season.  That’s it. Playbooks, film study, extra workouts, 1 on 1 with a QB Coach. That’s all I want to hear tied to his name until the off-season workouts. Somehow other QBs manage to do it.

You are acting like you believe 100%. Of those two crap incidents where you have linked to very  non credible sources. 
 

you're acting like he has been doing nothing but partying since the season has been over, it’s freaking February!!!

get in the playbook? What playbook? Highly doubt Stef has a playbook together Already when the staff isn’t fully assembled.

my god some of you think the minute the season is over he should already be back on the ground? Let me guess you don’t take vacations or staycations? Also he prolly needs to get away from that car wreck of a season lead by Freddie. The coach who would throw away game plans after 15-20 plays into a game. Yeah I bet you it’s really easy to be a QB when things you and your offense worked on all week and the coaches pulls a 180 after the first couple of series. The source for that information is the star WR on the team

Edited by buno67
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Don't argue with him buno, he hates Mayfield so he makes stuff up and remembers stuff that isn't true. Seriously needs to follow the Jets or something until Baker is no longer a Brown it can't be enjoyable to watch a team who has a QB that you despise.

Obviously he will come back and say he hopes Mayfield becomes a HOF QB with the Browns and wins every SB from here on out but if he was being honest with himself he would prefer that we trade him or cut him and start over with whoever is there in the draft or Teddy Bridgewater or some such thing.

Not saying it is wrong to hate your QB just that is what it is with several in here and they get amped up when he fails like his supporters get amped up when he succeeds.

Baker is going to bounce back next year. The question is if it’s a “dead cat bounce” or legitimate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2020:

The year no one on this team has excuses. Put up or shut up time. If Baker doesn't bounce back, I want him on the first plane, train, or automobile out of Town in 2021. If he does, then I'll gladly eat some crow with an entire humble pie for dessert.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

2020:

The year no one on this team has excuses. Put up or shut up time. If Baker doesn't bounce back, I want him on the first plane, train, or automobile out of Town in 2021. If he does, then I'll gladly eat some crow with an entire humble pie for dessert.

Why would it be a year of no excuses? A whole new coaching staff, we haven't had a chance to even begin fixing the O-line yet, we may end up with no viable LB or Safety on the team, OBJ may not get back to what he was a few years ago, the D-line seemed to be way overhyped going into last year. If anything 2019 was the prove it year. They failed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Why would it be a year of no excuses? A whole new coaching staff, we haven't had a chance to even begin fixing the O-line yet, we may end up with no viable LB or Safety on the team, OBJ may not get back to what he was a few years ago, the D-line seemed to be way overhyped going into last year. If anything 2019 was the prove it year. They failed.

*Year 3 in the NFL

*2 Pro Bowl/1,000+ yard receivers, and even if OBJ isn't a "superstar" anymore, he's still very good.

*Pro Bowl RB/arguably the best in the NFL

*2 Pro Bowl caliber interior OL in Bitonio and Tretter

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Year 3 in the NFL

*2 Pro Bowl/1,000+ yard receivers, and even if OBJ isn't a "superstar" anymore, he's still very good.

*Pro Bowl RB/arguably the best in the NFL

*2 Pro Bowl caliber interior OL in Bitonio and Tretter

 

Well you said no one on the team has an excuse you didn't specify Mayfield specifically. Even if someone wanted to make excuses for him I'm sure they would say 3 head coaches in 3 years. No starting quality offensive tackles.

For me you have to fix the line before our offense even has a chance to succeed. Can't have free rushers coming from each end and expect a QB to feel comfortable. I'm sure we had tells in our offense and those need fixed whether it was Mayfield or whatever.

We have a lot to fix before it is a year of no excuses. Hopefully we do that because I don't believe we will need excuses just a successful platform to preform on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...