Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

While it is funny this happened to Grossi the dictionary defines midget as an unusually or extremely small person. Obviously groups have spoke on behalf of little people that they don't like the word, I think mostly because of sideshow stuff from the past, but I don't think using that word is in the same stratosphere as some other words. That word is used here all of the time to describe short quarterbacks and I'm pretty sure it isn't filtered out. It is used in other aspects to describe small things like midget race cars

So while he should have known better this isn't a career killer type thing at least in my opinion.

Also, they apologized to Baker but I don't know if they were saying that it was an insult to him to be categorized as something he isn't (probably shouldn't apologize for that) or that they believe Baker prefers the term little person to midget when speaking of him.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

While it is funny this happened to Grossi the dictionary defines midget as an unusually or extremely small person. 

So in this case an entire people are being used as a slur, insulting both Baker and the folks he is comparing Baker to. Fire Grossi.

Obviously groups have spoke on behalf of little people that they don't like the word, I think mostly because of sideshow stuff from the past, but I don't think using that word is in the same stratosphere as some other words. 

*inches away from Thomas*

Heck of an island to die on, buddy. Your full-height privilege is showing.

That'd is used here all of the time to describe short quarterbacks and I'm pretty sure it isn't filtered out. It is used in other aspects to describe small things like midget race cars

Well it was nice knowing you.

So while he should have known better this isn't a career killer type thing at least in my opinion.

😠😡😤

Also, they apologized to Baker but I don't know if they were saying that it was an insult to him to be categorized as something he isn't (probably shouldn't apologize for that) or that they believe Baker prefers the term little person to midget when speaking of him.

Exactly. It's unsalvageable. The best thing for everyone involved is to part ways. Fire Grossi.

Edited by NudeTayne
Does anyone know how to edit audio to make it sound like Mary Kay is slandering Eskimos?
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I agree that this one thing isn’t a career killer, at what point does ESPN move on from this clown?  

He’s had a contentious relationship with the team forever it seems and is a walking rain cloud with his opinions.  Honestly, who reads the guy anymore?

Put him out to pasture imo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree that this one thing isn’t a career killer, at what point does ESPN move on from this clown?  

He’s had a contentious relationship with the team forever it seems and is a walking rain cloud with his opinions.  Honestly, who reads the guy anymore?

This single event shouldn’t be a career killer but you add up his unpopularity with the fan base, his constant negative attitude with The Browns and Baker that lead to An incident with Baker during a presser, and now this, how can they consider keeping him? How can you have a beat reporter, who after those comments about Baker, might not ever get anything from baker in an interview and possibly other players who stand by Baker? He is now prolly Bakers most hated media person, he prolly was on a tier with others but he clearly separated himself now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

@MWil23 is @TonyGrossi confirmed. 

A few things here:

1. I despise Grossi

2. He deserves to get fired for this remark alone, let alone his entire troll body of work.

3. I would criticize Baker because he SUCKED in 2019, not because of his height.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

A few things here:

1. I despise Grossi

2. He deserves to get fired for this remark alone, let alone his entire troll body of work.

3. I would criticize Baker because he SUCKED in 2019, not because of his height.

I don’t think they fire Grossi

Hes been around too long. He’s paid his dues with this stupid team 

everyone dealing with the browns in my opinion gets one mess up. We literally have to be insane as people to still continue to be fans at this point. So imagine him who HAS to write about of ALL Teams THE BROWNS. 

He gets one mulligan due to time of service in my opinion 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think they fire Grossi

Hes been around too long. He’s paid his dues with this stupid team 

Paid his dues? He's lousy at his job and a perpetual raincloud. He's AWFUL at what he does. He has a terrible attitude, intentionally provokes players behind the scenes, and is a complete hack.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

everyone dealing with the browns in my opinion gets one mess up. We literally have to be insane as people to still continue to be fans at this point. So imagine him who HAS to write about of ALL Teams THE BROWNS. 

He gets one mulligan due to time of service in my opinion 

I hope they can him and I hope he loses his livelihood and actually retires/has to grind like the rest of us. He's awful. I don't hope he escapes this at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Paid his dues? He's lousy at his job and a perpetual raincloud. He's AWFUL at what he does. He has a terrible attitude, intentionally provokes players behind the scenes, and is a complete hack.

I hope they can him and I hope he loses his livelihood and actually retires/has to grind like the rest of us. He's awful. I don't hope he escapes this at all.

This.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah and this might be a final straw kind of thing which I get. Hasn't he always been a Steelers fan? He certainly doesn't seem to like the Browns and the feeling is mutual so I don't understand why they have been connected for so long.

• Like 2