Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

I remember a game once when we were down by like 3 scores on the 4th quarter, greg little makes a catch for a 1st down after his usual sucking all game. He celebrates. 

Thats what our braging feels like at the moment. 

Our offense is so bad right now. Before the game, before the play, and most of the timar after it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You’re joking right? 

it’s called banter. If you honestly find that as some form of hating on him, I give up as you’ve obviously made your mind up that i’m a hater or whatever and you’re not going to change your mind about it.

nope not joking.  bro i remember the convos we had.  didnt seem like banter.  the "i dont want to say i told you so" i told you so posts come out after a bad start.  imo its a bad look.  said it then when we drafted him and i'll say it now.   yep, i think youre a baker hater.

46 minutes ago, mistakey said:

nope not joking.  bro i remember the convos we had.  didnt seem like banter.  the "i dont want to say i told you so" i told you so posts come out after a bad start.  imo its a bad look.  said it then when we drafted him and i'll say it now.   yep, i think youre a baker hater.

What does it mean to be a hater though, i dont like the talk we have been talking since we have done f all. 

Win the afc then tall crap. 

I love watching baker play when it is good, his accuracy could be top 3 all time, but he has a long way to go before he will be remembered as somekne who mattered. 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Nah I’m really not, rather you’re overly touchy about any semblance of criticism of the guy.

I don’t even think the guy sucks or is a bust or anything, that’s the funniest thing. I dare to suggest we might have got ahead of ourselves declaring him the saviour and i’m hating. Or that we should probably consider altering our playcalling a bit because it’s not suiting his skillset... I’m hating.

What would be the point in pretending everything is going perfectly, just for the sake of it?

This isn’t a victory lap and it ain’t hate. it’s an honest assessment of the dude and the wider team’s struggles right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

“Some people overthink it,” Mayfield says. “That's where people go wrong. They forget you've gotta win.” 

This was from a different conversation that Baker was talking about himself and his draft process.

The Jones comment was a blurb and it did blow a lot of people's minds and it could his but he didn't say anything negative about him.

Putting those two together like you just did and Shefter did is an attack against Mayfield for the purpose of making him look like a ****** over something he didn't say.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What does it mean to be a hater though, i dont like the talk we have been talking since we have done f all.

We as in here at the forum?

We as in the media talking about the Browns?

Or we as in the Browns? Have they said anything crazy besides Greedy's draft talk or players saying they think we could be good? What are you going to say? We will probably suck? Unless I slept through a lot of stuff we (the team)  haven't been talking about some kind of dream team or anything close to that. You are making it up in your own mind because the media and the fans have been hyping the team up all offseason.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

This was from a different conversation that Baker was talking about himself and his draft process.

The Jones comment was a blurb and it did blow a lot of people's minds and it could his but he didn't say anything negative about him.

Putting those two together like you just did and Shefter did is an attack against Mayfield for the purpose of making him look like a ****** over something he didn't say.

Every single one of the quotes I posted is from the same article, and not separated by any other piece of writing at all.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gq.com/story/baker-mayfield-is-feeling-dangerous-profile/amp

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Every single one of the quotes I posted is from the same article, and not separated by any other piece of writing at all.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gq.com/story/baker-mayfield-is-feeling-dangerous-profile/amp

Well it isn't a transcript and the author says that Baker was reflecting on his own draft process. Baker himself said it was a different conversation and the author said the same thing.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Well it isn't a transcript and the author says that Baker was reflecting on his own draft process. Baker himself said it was a different conversation and the author said the same thing.

That’s on the author, not Schefter or myself.

We’re going round in circles now anyway. I think we’ve been a bit arrogant and not had a great attitude through summer and up until now. You think that’s most media created. That’s fair, opinions and all that.

As it pertains to Baker, I don’t hate him and I don’t think he sucks. Yeah I don’t think he’s as good as he’s made out to be but that isn’t nearly as significant an issue to me as the way we refuse to call plays that suit his game is.

That’s how I feel about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That’s on the author, not Schefter or myself.

We’re going round in circles now anyway. I think we’ve been a bit arrogant and not had a great attitude through summer and up until now. You think that’s most media created. That’s fair, opinions and all that.

As it pertains to Baker, I don’t hate him and I don’t think he sucks. Yeah I don’t think he’s as good as he’s made out to be but that isn’t nearly as significant an issue to me as the way we refuse to call plays that suit his game is.

That’s how I feel about him.

Yeah, it was intentionally written that way for obvious reasons but Shefter is a professional and should have known better than to blindly do that and now 90% of the people thinks Baker said Jones is a loser when he didn't.

I just didn't hear arrogant stuff from the team. Do you have examples other than people saying they think we may be good?

I think Baker will be great because he has an elite arm and a good football mind it's just not going great now and he is struggling through some bad habits and some questionable offensive playcall/timing issues.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, it was intentionally written that way for obvious reasons but Shefter is a professional and should have known better than to blindly do that and now 90% of the people thinks Baker said Jones is a loser when he didn't.

I just didn't hear arrogant stuff from the team. Do you have examples other than people saying they think we may be good?

I think Baker will be great because he has an elite arm and a good football mind it's just not going great now and he is struggling through some bad habits and some questionable offensive playcall/timing issues.

When I say arrogant and a bad attitude, I am including my belief that we overlooked Tennessee, 18 penalties, trading away our best o-lineman thinking we are still going to drop back and hit these foolish long developing plays. Greedy SB comment, and just a general feeling I got watching Browns related interviews and footage in the off-season.

I’m not as sold on Baker being a football savant yet at least, and I think we are asking too much of him and clouding his mind right now. He’s barely getting out of the play and then overloading his brain and instinctively bailing out to the right. Making the wrong read. The 4th down at the end of the game was rough and I also feel a bit like he is feeling the pressure to keep Beckham happy. We would be better served to keep it simple. Quick reads and some more half field stuff and just dish the ball out to the open guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

When I say arrogant and a bad attitude, I am including my belief that we overlooked Tennessee, 18 penalties, trading away our best o-lineman thinking we are still going to drop back and hit these foolish long developing plays. Greedy SB comment, and just a general feeling I got watching Browns related interviews and footage in the off-season.

I’m not as sold on Baker being a football savant yet at least, and I think we are asking too much of him and clouding his mind right now. He’s barely getting out of the play and then overloading his brain and instinctively bailing out to the right. Making the wrong read. The 4th down at the end of the game was rough and I also feel a bit like he is feeling the pressure to keep Beckham happy. We would be better served to keep it simple. Quick reads and some more half field stuff and just dish the ball out to the open guy.

I 10000% agree with that. However, I dont think that these 3 games all of a sudden make Baker bad after literally setting the rookie TD record in NFL history.

I think that people need to grasp the fact that this team/offense WILL be good and what we wanted them to be--but with a rookie HC and change in gameplan we should have also expected it to not be blazing hot from the very first game.

Let me know if its week 8 and the team/offense still looks like it does right now

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Nah I’m really not, rather you’re overly touchy about any semblance of criticism of the guy.

I don’t even think the guy sucks or is a bust or anything, that’s the funniest thing. I dare to suggest we might have got ahead of ourselves declaring him the saviour and i’m hating. Or that we should probably consider altering our playcalling a bit because it’s not suiting his skillset... I’m hating.

What would be the point in pretending everything is going perfectly, just for the sake of it?

This isn’t a victory lap and it ain’t hate. it’s an honest assessment of the dude and the wider team’s struggles right now.

Not really- you just been criticizing him from the start, come around early to say I told you so- this year and last year and prob the next time he has a slump.  Just sounds like you wanna sound smart for not wanting to draft him- something you said the last time he struggled - something to the effect of “why should my opinion change when this is what I thought he’d be during the draft process”