Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

10 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think there's an attitude problem with the Browns.  I think there's an execution problem with the Browns.  Both with the coaches and the players.

Win a couple, and everything will be fine.  Hell, win this week, and the everyone's mood will do a 180.

Tbh, right now all three of them remind me of a 3 stooges episode when all three of the stooges are running around a table and manage to collide into a pile.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Week 4 should be enough time for the HC and OC to have sorted their isht out.

Week 8 will be way too late.

Week 4 we better have an offense, by week 8 it better be top 5.

Also every game is different, this defense is one that our offense could succeed against with what we have been doing. That of course may mean we change it up to a scheme that plays into their hands... we'll see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

Not really- you just been criticizing him from the start, come around early to say I told you so- this year and last year and prob the next time he has a slump.  Just sounds like you wanna sound smart for not wanting to draft him- something you said the last time he struggled - something to the effect of “why should my opinion change when this is what I thought he’d be during the draft process”

That's bull

Why some of you are acting like ******* I have no idea 

13 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

That's bull

Why some of you are acting like ******* I have no idea 

It's an old battle from before he was drafted. There were sides, lines were drawn. We all want him to be great now because he is a Brown but I'm sure some would feel some personal satisfaction if Darnold became a HOFer and Baker ended up less than. Not saying all Baker non believers feel that way nor would those that do admit it but it is likely true for some.

So while this looks like a new conversation it isn't.

This is just a stumble though. In 10 years it will be a distant memory because there will be success and we'll all be 100% Baker fans. It just takes time when you hated the prospect coming in. Sort of like when we draft a Michigan player. Takes awhile to remove that when you see the player. If they end up being good it's all forgotten. Well, if they are on your team it's forgotten I still don't like Brady just because of where he went to college. I did like Leroy Hoard though... he still fumbled too often. Peppers and Braylon got close but in the end ended up being crap or on another team or both.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

On their word? I remember what he said? Lol

16th of March 2019:

Our leader is Baker Mayfield. It has to be. Thankfully, he’s genuine enough in his desire to be a winner and love for his teammates that I think we are one of the few teams that would actually benefit from him being fiery or having a moment when he needs to.

There is a difference between being the Miami Hurricanes where everyone is pure emotion and the New England Patriots where the greatest qb ever gets angry a few times a season.

The Miami Hurricanes would not work in the pros, and we do need to make sure we don’t fall into that territory, imo. We should be leaning more towards the Pats. A QB that everyone respects and understands is the true leader. Follow his passion and let him lead.

2nd of March 2019:

I don’t usually advocate for other teams copying New England staples, primarily because other teams don’t have Tom Brady. 

But Baker has some similar traits in getting the ball out fast and accurately to a good read, especially in the middle of the field where they can catch and run in stride.

We also have A+ personnel to run some of those packages, if we were to add Fant/Hockenson.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl running the same Two Tight End formation three plays in a row. In a mismatch league, there’s extreme value in being able to pass out of a heavy set after establishing a dominant run game.

Brady - Mayfield

Michel - Chubb

Burkhead - Hunt

Gronk - Njoku

Allen - Fant/Hock

Apart from Brady and Gronk, the Browns have better talent. And Mayfield and Njoku are no joke anyway.

8th of October 2018: 

I’m sort of on that fine line between being super hyped and losing my mind just because we can actually win a game now, and at the same time trying to remain calm enough to see that we have only played a few games in what will hopefully be a career of hundreds of games for these guys.

For me, I think Mayfield and Darnold have had the best moments but even they have made mistakes and had growing pains. Darnold vs us in that second half couldn’t do anything. Baker vs Oakland turned the ball over too much and made a bad decision in overtime. But then they’ve shown real promise. Darnold vs Detroit and the poise on his debut to comeback from that first throw. Darnold vs Denver yesterday with a couple of brilliant bombs in a difficult game. Baker vs Jets with the epic debut and command of the offense. Baker vs Ravens with the key overtime clutch play in a difficult game.

Statistically there isn’t a great deal between them either way. They’re both showing they can win and make plays.

It’s early though. I don’t even want to say Josh Allen sucks at this point. Even if the eyeball test and his stats would suggest so.

He’s doing well and is bringing a spark to us that no other QB was able to for a long time.

I do think he needs to improve vs the blitz and pressure. I think he completed 42% against that yesterday. That was always my main worry with Baker, how he does against pressure when his lack of height means he can get enveloped a bit. There were a couple of sacks he took where he didn’t seem to cope well with the pressure collapsing the pocket.

With time, he is really nice.

24th of September 2018:

Rewatched the game tonight. Baker was awesome. We’ve already got some talent but I can’t wait to add a few more pieces to help him grow.

Yeah, I sound like a real hater. I’ve had the same reasoned opinions and support for him from the moment he went in for us in his first game.

Before that first game was generally you hounding me about disliking him and trying to draw a line between me and everyone else by making antagonistic comments of how you want Darnold to fail, just to spite me.

36 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

16th of March 2019:

Our leader is Baker Mayfield. It has to be. Thankfully, he’s genuine enough in his desire to be a winner and love for his teammates that I think we are one of the few teams that would actually benefit from him being fiery or having a moment when he needs to.

There is a difference between being the Miami Hurricanes where everyone is pure emotion and the New England Patriots where the greatest qb ever gets angry a few times a season.

The Miami Hurricanes would not work in the pros, and we do need to make sure we don’t fall into that territory, imo. We should be leaning more towards the Pats. A QB that everyone respects and understands is the true leader. Follow his passion and let him lead.

2nd of March 2019:

I don’t usually advocate for other teams copying New England staples, primarily because other teams don’t have Tom Brady. 

But Baker has some similar traits in getting the ball out fast and accurately to a good read, especially in the middle of the field where they can catch and run in stride.

We also have A+ personnel to run some of those packages, if we were to add Fant/Hockenson.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl running the same Two Tight End formation three plays in a row. In a mismatch league, there’s extreme value in being able to pass out of a heavy set after establishing a dominant run game.

Brady - Mayfield

Michel - Chubb

Burkhead - Hunt

Gronk - Njoku

Allen - Fant/Hock

Apart from Brady and Gronk, the Browns have better talent. And Mayfield and Njoku are no joke anyway.

8th of October 2018: 

I’m sort of on that fine line between being super hyped and losing my mind just because we can actually win a game now, and at the same time trying to remain calm enough to see that we have only played a few games in what will hopefully be a career of hundreds of games for these guys.

For me, I think Mayfield and Darnold have had the best moments but even they have made mistakes and had growing pains. Darnold vs us in that second half couldn’t do anything. Baker vs Oakland turned the ball over too much and made a bad decision in overtime. But then they’ve shown real promise. Darnold vs Detroit and the poise on his debut to comeback from that first throw. Darnold vs Denver yesterday with a couple of brilliant bombs in a difficult game. Baker vs Jets with the epic debut and command of the offense. Baker vs Ravens with the key overtime clutch play in a difficult game.

Statistically there isn’t a great deal between them either way. They’re both showing they can win and make plays.

It’s early though. I don’t even want to say Josh Allen sucks at this point. Even if the eyeball test and his stats would suggest so.

He’s doing well and is bringing a spark to us that no other QB was able to for a long time.

I do think he needs to improve vs the blitz and pressure. I think he completed 42% against that yesterday. That was always my main worry with Baker, how he does against pressure when his lack of height means he can get enveloped a bit. There were a couple of sacks he took where he didn’t seem to cope well with the pressure collapsing the pocket.

With time, he is really nice.

24th of September 2018:

Rewatched the game tonight. Baker was awesome. We’ve already got some talent but I can’t wait to add a few more pieces to help him grow.

Yeah, I sound like a real hater. I’ve had the same reasoned opinions and support for him from the moment he went in for us in his first game.

Before that first game was generally you hounding me about disliking him and trying to draw a line between me and everyone else by making antagonistic comments of how you want Darnold to fail, just to spite me.

Welcome to footballs future