The AB Effect

Giants4eva

You know there is a growing trend going on in the NFL with players telling their agents they want a trade out of the organization they are in. Since when are these lovely self empowered, self entitled disloyal players so high and mighty? What happened to a player playing out / honoring his contract with the team that drafted him? The players of this current era are the biggest crybabys i think ive ever seen. They feel like something is owed them or due them due to the college accolades, the clout they've established thru social media, the invisible half a million friends they found on these multiple websites such as facebook, instagram, twitter and a few certain others. Its becoming very disturbing.

They say "1 man doesn't make a difference". Whomever came up with that line flat out lied to themself. Antonio Brown's ability to create a stir in the Pittsburgh locker room and essentially demand Pittsburgh to trade him out of the team / contract... worked. He then goes to the Raiders whom rolled out the red carpet for him, told him he was the face of the franchise, well give u all the money u ever wanted, u are the top gun in our offense, and so forth.. Wears out his welcome there..well actually wore out isn't correct, more like destroyed, mutilated and vomitted his way off the team. Then turns around to his agent and gets him on the horn with New England.. because he was "unhappy".. Yet the whole time the instigator is him. But that's deflected and forgotten by him because apparently everyone was out to get him. He had no part to play in the lovely on and off the field drama whatsoever. We all know where he ended up now. 

With that said.. He has sort've created an invisible monster amongst the rest of the NFL. After the Dolphins traded Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills, rumors swirl that players quit on the team before halftime even happened in their opening game. Well the rumors after the game were certain players went to their agents and said i want a trade off the team. They were no longer rumors when Minkah Fitzpatrick got shipped off to Pittsburgh last night. Then you have more coming with rumors of Jamal Adams, Janoris Jenkins,  Taco Charlton, Jalen Ramsey and a slew of others. Don't these guys think hey what would my other team mates think of me ? Like hey ur gonna abandon ship on us? Football locker rooms are a brotherhood and a family. It's a giant slap in the face if u ask me. Whats more irritating to me is the fact its mostly the younger guys of so many clubs. U havent even finished out ur rookie deal and ur saying oh, im done, i want out of here. Not happy. Seriously what AB has created here is a very arrogant sense of entitlement to many skilled players. He attitude has rubbed off on these guys in the sense of "well hey, AB got out because he felt disrepected, so i guess should to" .. It's a sick twisted trend going on. And too many lemmings are following a total piece of human garbage.

I think in closing just wanna say i think being disloyal to ur team, ur contract and even just to the sport as a whole is whats happening. AB has created an heir of glorifying your ownself and portraying one self as victim. So cry hard enough, b--ch at everybody and say u owe me. Because it's ok, it works. 

19 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

What happened to a player playing out / honoring his contract with the team that drafted him

To be fair, I think teams set the precedent there, not players. If teams can cut ties with a player whenever they want and show no loyalty, it would be entirely unfair to expect that from a player.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

To be fair, I think teams set the precedent there, not players. If teams can cut ties with a player whenever they want and show no loyalty, it would be entirely unfair to expect that from a player.

yes u have a point. but if u ask me playing a sport with a group of your piers, u are hand selected to represent said franchise and show the loyalty amongst ur brethren whom are in it together. is it a job like any other? of course. but this kind of job goes to those with god given abilities that are in less than 1% of the population. and this is a job that has a very very tiny amounts of openings. and to me there seems to be no loyalty to the men whom brought u in and even to ur teammates whom depend on you. theres a certain respect factor from the modern player that just seems to be gone anymore. and it becomes further exacerbated by men like AB.

Edited by Giants4eva