It ain't the QB .

RSkinGM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/case-keenum-is-part-of-the-solution-but-the-redskins-problem-might-be-too-big/2019/09/17/b3e22e32-d949-11e9-ac63-3016711543fe_story.html

I agree with this 100% . He's been phenominal . An over the hill LT, an awful LT playing R G. A so so center. A R G that maybe is very good but probably overrated and surely overdrafted. and a RT that would be a starter on half the teams in the league - maybe.

The problem is bums like Nicholson that left Josh Norman out to dry two weeks in a row. And Josh Norman just isn't into this team anymore-if he ever was. Should be a leader.  Q Dunbar can't stay on the field. A #1 draft pick that we traded up to get looks like he can't play in the Arena league. Shows me nothing - he's stiff, Hell, so far he's a stiff ! Alabama connections are not making an impact . and the inside backers -- IDK, maybe they are better than they've showed which isn't much .AND without even saying - Manusky needs to be asking "do you want fries with that ? ". 

I think we're damn lucky to have a decent NFL QB. I didn't say he's a HOF er but so far - It ain't him getting us beat, Like still good ol Kirk -interception and a strip sack gets his team team beat . He just has a knack ! Still and always a .500  QB . 

Edited by RSkinGM

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

An over the hill LT, an awful LT playing R G. A so so center. A LG that maybe is very good but probably overrated and surely overdrafted. and a RT that would be a starter on half the teams in the league - maybe.

I don't think left guard is overrated at all, has been spectacular and one of our loan bright spots, but the rest of your sentence is spot on.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Keenum has not been phenomenal. He’s missed two wide open TD passes. And when I say “wide open”, I mean WIDE OPEN. This isn’t to say he’s been bad by any means but phenomenal is really stretching it. 

True, he's been really better than expected . I guess I was thinking phenominal with that O-line and no running game and young raw receivers . I should have qualified it , but you';re right . 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

True, he's been really better than expected . I guess I was thinking phenominal with that O-line and no running game and young raw receivers . I should have qualified it , but you';re right . 

And you’re correct as well. Considering the circumstances he’s played beyond anything I could’ve imagined. I really believe they should attempt to deal him by the deadline because if he keeps playing well they won’t be able to afford him anyway. 

Keenum hasn't been bad, nor has he been that good either.  PFF isn't the end all/be all site, but they've got him ranked 27th amongst QBs so far this year.  That's pretty telling.  I've seen a lot of near misses on potential interceptions, as well as the overthrows that others mentioned as well.  He's definitely limited turnovers which is a plus, but I saw the potential for two, maybe three INTs against the Cowboys, and eventually teams will stop dropping them.  He's an average QB at best, and he's really only keeping the seat warm for Haskins. 

• Like 1

The problems in order are:

Snyder

Brice

Jay

the coaching staff

fans in the DMV who still buy tickets and gear

not having a GM

the stadium

we have an average roster that a good coach could improve to a regularly competitive playoff team

Edited by Doc Draper

20 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Keenum hasn't been bad, nor has he been that good either.  PFF isn't the end all/be all site, but they've got him ranked 27th amongst QBs so far this year.  That's pretty telling.  I've seen a lot of near misses on potential interceptions, as well as the overthrows that others mentioned as well.  He's definitely limited turnovers which is a plus, but I saw the potential for two, maybe three INTs against the Cowboys, and eventually teams will stop dropping them.  He's an average QB at best, and he's really only keeping the seat warm for Haskins. 

I’ve seen this as well, and as best I can tell, the dichotomy between his PFF rating and his overall statistics (7th in traditional passer rating, 5th in total QBR among QBs who played both games so far) would have to be chalked up to one of two things: 

1. PFF doesn’t know what the heck they’re talking about and Keenum has actually played very well given the opportunities on the field

2. Jay Gruden and Co. have done such a good job calling plays and scheming the pass game that Keenum has great numbers despite ho hum receivers, no run game, and not playing well

I think it’s probably a good helping of both, along with a little early season noise from a VD TD that I’m sure PFF chose to give Keenum 0.0 credit for. But I have a sneaky suspicion that if Case Keenum’s name was, say, Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan, PFF would (“objectively”) rate his play much more highly to this point. 

Edited by e16bball

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’ve seen this as well, and as best I can tell, the dichotomy between his PFF rating and his overall statistics (7th in traditional passer rating, 5th in total QBR among QBs who played both games so far) would have to be chalked up to one of two things: 

1. PFF doesn’t know what the heck they’re talking about and Keenum has actually played very well given the opportunities on the field

2. Jay Gruden and Co. have done such a good job calling plays and scheming the pass game that Keenum has great numbers despite ho hum receivers, no run game, and not playing well

I think it’s probably a good helping of both, along with a little early season noise from a VD TD that I’m sure PFF chose to give Keenum 0.0 credit for. But I have a sneaky suspicion that if Case Keenum’s name was, say, Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan, PFF would (“objectively”) rate his play much more highly to this point. 

The PFF popularity has really thrown me for a loop. I love when they get hammered for their OL rankings by OL because they have no way of knowing what the assignments are so they’re sort of arbitrarily ranking them. It’s a cool website I suppose but I just don’t put much weight into their rankings.

You can’t have a QB who’s on pace for nearly 5K yards and 40 TDs who hasn’t turned the ball over yet ranked as the 27th QB in football. It simply makes no sense.