? NOR @ MIN - 7:10pm EST on ESPN + Over/Under season starts!

Dome

14 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Sean Payton getting cute, nothing more nothing less.

Payton always gets too cute and outsmarts himself (double reverse on 4th and inches anyone?xD). He's trying way too hard to keep all 3 backs in the rotation.

Play action to AP should of been called up way back in the 1st qtr instead of late in the third qtr for the first time. The whole game just seemed typical of Saints football the last 5 years or so. Playcalling is suspect. Defense looks lost and confused. No pass rush. Team seems flat and unmotivated etc etc etc.

The terrible playcalling is what really irks me.  I never expected to score a lot against Vikings defense, but we could have had 30 plus, with a banged up oline.  That would have been really encouraging to see against this defense, but then Sean Payton does Sean Payton things.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

We only had 60 yards rushing last night with everyone less than 3 ypc.  Absolutely atrocious, plus Brees have no time in the pocket.  It's gonna be a long, boring season if the oline doesn't get healthy.

No AD carries on two trips within the Vikings' 5 yard line?  Or am I dreaming this?

This was driving me crazy. Kamara was given way too many snaps last night. Peterson should have been in the game as he can be an effective decoy. He had about 9 snaps and had the ball go to him on almost all of those snaps. Pretty predictable if you're the defense as you know he's getting the ball. If we were to do more playactions and such I think that sucks the defense forward and opens up more for the WR's. Not handing to Peterson near the goal line was also questionable. 

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Payton always gets too cute and outsmarts himself (double reverse on 4th and inches anyone?xD). He's trying way too hard to keep all 3 backs in the rotation.

Play action to AP should of been called up way back in the 1st qtr instead of late in the third qtr for the first time. The whole game just seemed typical of Saints football the last 5 years or so. Playcalling is suspect. Defense looks lost and confused. No pass rush. Team seems flat and unmotivated etc etc etc.

Yep... this is the same team we've seen a half dozen or so times since 2009.

yawn

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

This was driving me crazy. Kamara was given way too many snaps last night. Peterson should have been in the game as he can be an effective decoy. He had about 9 snaps and had the ball go to him on almost all of those snaps. Pretty predictable if you're the defense as you know he's getting the ball. If we were to do more playactions and such I think that sucks the defense forward and opens up more for the WR's. Not handing to Peterson near the goal line was also questionable. 

I think Payton is trying to gague how good Kamara is going to be early. That's why he's getting all the snaps. If he makes the most of them over the next couple weeks Ingram could be gone.

As funny as it sounds NE could be a landing spot for him. Ingram would make a great Patriot IMO.

23 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yep... this is the same team we've seen a half dozen or so times since 2009.

yawn

This team under Sean Payton has always been questionable. The years we've made the playoffs were more about having a HOF QB and getting lucky in other areas, than they were about being an actually great team. We've had "WTF" moments every single year and it just happened more and more each year, and here we are now. I'm not trying to throw dirt on his accomplishments but looking back on his career knowing what we know now, it's not much of a surprise.

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Just read that Bradford had his highest QBR total ever against the Saints last night lmao.

Sad and funny at the same time that it seems every game some QB is having the game of their career against the Saints.

And Cook had a Vikings rookie rushing record at 127 yards in his first NFL game.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I think Payton is trying to gague how good Kamara is going to be early. That's why he's getting all the snaps. If he makes the most of them over the next couple weeks Ingram could be gone.

As funny as it sounds NE could be a landing spot for him. Ingram would make a great Patriot IMO.

It seems everyone makes a great something or other as long as it isn't a Saint DP lmao

Archived