2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So how am I doing so far for you guys? We're in the 3rd round so far in that mock I mentioned before.

1-15 Andrew Thomas 

2-14 Damon Arnette

3-13 Chase Claypool 

3-19 Jordyn Brooks

I wanted a WR in the 1st but Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb were gone and somehow Andrew Thomas fell to me. I figure put him in at LT and see what Bolles can do elsewhere. I'm looking at 3-31 either another WR or somebody to slot in at Guard or somebody along the DLine. What on the DLine would be a bigger need somebody at NT or a end position? 

Thomas starts day one at RG with Glasgow sliding to C. We love that pick. Hitting our two biggest needs with good values at the next picks is perfect. Another WR would be good, but best 3-4 DL available would be my preference. Nose or end, we’ll need contributors at both spots by 2021.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Thomas starts day one at RG with Glasgow sliding to C. We love that pick. Hitting our two biggest needs with good values at the next picks is perfect. Another WR would be good, but best 3-4 DL available would be my preference. Nose or end, we’ll need contributors at both spots by 2021.

Rashard Lawrence and James Lynch are available but we're a few picks away. Bryan Edwards Van Jefferson and Tyler Johnson are also all available atm as is KJ Hill. We'll see how it shakes out. 

42 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So how am I doing so far for you guys? We're in the 3rd round so far in that mock I mentioned before.

1-15 Andrew Thomas 

2-14 Damon Arnette

3-13 Chase Claypool 

3-19 Jordyn Brooks

I wanted a WR in the 1st but Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb were gone and somehow Andrew Thomas fell to me. I figure put him in at LT and see what Bolles can do elsewhere. I'm looking at 3-31 either another WR or somebody to slot in at Guard or somebody along the DLine. What on the DLine would be a bigger need somebody at NT or a end position? 

I think most of us on here would be happy landing Thomas at 15.  Ideally we’d like one of the top 3 Wr but Thomas is a solid player at a position of need for us.  He could probably slide in to play Guard so that he sees the field right away and be dominant inside.  I love Arnette personally as he’s a physical solid corner.  He would fit in well for us imo. 

I can’t really comment on Claypool as I haven’t seen him play.  His measurables were fantastic but not sure he plays as fast as he timed in the 40.  We need some speed opposite Sutton to keep defenses honest.  
Middle linebacker is also a need.  I think adding a defensive lineman would be smart also with another 3rd round pick.  

solid draft imo 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The left side looks real questionable right now. 

Yeah true but they had a top 5 oline for a long time Peter's, kelce, Brooks, Johnson is nasty . I don't think their roster is astronomically better than ours if at all especially if Drew Lock proves he's a steal in Round 2. 

20 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

1-15 Andrew Thomas 

2-14 Damon Arnette

3-13 Chase Claypool 

3-19 Jordyn Brooks

I wouldn't say it's a bad draft player-wise. Not super high on Claypool, but the other three players fill needs and would be excellent in Denver. Certainly addresses some big needs.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I wouldn't say it's a bad draft player-wise. Not super high on Claypool, but the other three players fill needs and would be excellent in Denver. Certainly addresses some big needs.

Yeah Claypool seems to be one of those no middle ground players. You seem to either love him as a 3rd rounder or you wouldn't take him before the 6th. I followed that up with the last 3rd rounder with Rashard Lawrence. Will likely fill out the rest of the draft with BPA maybe another WR and another DLine.