2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Ekeler is exactly my point. 

Running backs can be steals you're right TD, Lindsay, Eckler. Etc there's a ton.

But, if this team identifies a talent at that position and it would help drew locks development I'm all for it. Look at Kareem Hunt in 2017 he got plugged into the Chiefs offense and transformed it. Can never have enough talent there. 

I'd prefer a late round steal, but the point is I wanna keep adding talent to that group especially losing Booked.

What round would you start considering rb??

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Running backs can be steals you're right TD, Lindsay, Eckler. Etc there's a ton.

But, if this team identifies a talent at that position and it would help drew locks development I'm all for it. Look at Kareem Hunt in 2017 he got plugged into the Chiefs offense and transformed it. Can never have enough talent there. 

I'd prefer a late round steal, but the point is I wanna keep adding talent to that group especially losing Booked.

What round would you start considering rb??

Probably the 4th is when they factor into my BPA equation. I'd like to have doubled up on OL and added a WR by that time, as well as hit every level of the defense. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Probably the 4th is when they factor into my BPA equation. I'd like to have doubled up on OL and added a WR by that time, as well as hit every level of the defense. 

Ok that's fair would that change depending what draft capital we obtain tomorrow or is that strict?

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

We will still need to add some defenders, we'll need DL, should upgrade ILB and replace CHJ and perhaps even a couple of S's

6 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

We will still need to add some defenders, we'll need DL, should upgrade ILB and replace CHJ and perhaps even a couple of S's

I think if Simmons is viewed as a LB he could be a guy Fangio wants.  His defense needs an elite LB and we don’t have anything close on the roster 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Does anyone know what Elway's deal with Alabama players is ??

Can’t find the link after a quick search but a few years ago an exec was quoted as saying Saban uses up and wears down his players and when they go pro the shelf life is lessened essentially. (Not a direct quote haha)

Lot of smoke at the time that the exec was Elway

That might’ve been on the old forum it was awhile ago

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

There were efforts to trade up for CJ Mosley, so I don't think it's as simple as a "no Alabama players" thing.

I also don't think he'd have a problem drafting a WR from there. 

I remember 2011 he passed on that dt from them and that was a great move.

Edited by thebestever6

Avoiding Alabama players because they are 'used up' is such a stupid blanket statement. I refuse to believe Elway would actually operate according to that.

Moses in R2 would be an absolute coup. Injury issue, but only reason your getting him in R2 and not mid R1 is because of that issue. I would take the gamble.

We need, arguably, at least one elite ILB and one really good ILB for this defense to work. I wouldn't be opposed to paying Danny to come back and using that R2 on Moses. I am all in on the rebuild so paying Danny may seem off, but he could get the whole defense to work which would do wonders to the development of all our young guys on that side of the ball.

• Like 2