2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Jefferson is a slot WR and Mims is a carbon copy of what we already have in Sutton.

Why not trade up to #10 with the Browns and grab Jeudy, then take KJ Hill in the 4th or 5th round to be your slot. 

Sutton/Jeudy on the outside and Hill/Hamilton on the inside with Fant/Vannett at TE....whoooofff

I agree to an extent with Jefferson.  Almost all of his success has come in the slot.  His size and testing numbers would indicate he can do more than that, but this year he was almost a pure slot WR and it was his only year of success.

However, one of the strongest indicators of NFL success from college to the pros is elite production in the slot and Jefferson has that.  I don’t know that he’s a perfect fit for Denver,  but he should be a safe and productive NFL player.

In terms of Mims I see no similarities to Sutton.  Mims to me reminds me a lot of Robby Anderson with higher upside because I think he’s stronger. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

I agree to an extent with Jefferson.  Almost all of his success has come in the slot.  His size and testing numbers would indicate he can do more than that, but this year he was almost a pure slot WR and it was his only year of success.

However, one of the strongest indicators of NFL success from college to the pros is elite production in the slot and Jefferson has that.  I don’t know that he’s a perfect fit for Denver,  but he should be a safe and productive NFL player.

In terms of Mims I see no similarities to Sutton.  Mims to me reminds me a lot of Robby Anderson with higher upside because I think he’s stronger. 

I mean hes nearly the same size as Sutton and his biggest attribute is stretching the field deep and making contested catches. Sounds a whole lot like Sutton to me lol

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just stopped in here really quick to say that the 2011 WR corp of Demaryius/Decker/Royal was undercover really really good as Im watching this DEN/PIT rerun on TV. Miss those guys and I still feel like Decker might be the most underrated WR of the last decade.

I think he tripped over chalk lines too much.

• Like 1

I watched some more tape on all the WRs last night and it only served to reinforce my opinions I already held, no change in the rankings.

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Jerry Jeudy

3. Henry Ruggs

4. Justin Jefferson

5. Denzel Mims

6. Jalen Reagor

• Like 1

🙂

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I watched some more tape on all the WRs last night and it only served to reinforce my opinions I already held, no change in the rankings.

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Jerry Jeudy

3. Henry Ruggs

4. Justin Jefferson

5. Denzel Mims

6. Jalen Reagor

I like this list.  I like Jeudy, because I have read his route running ability seem to-notch.  However, I hear Lamb has great run after the catch abilities.  But, I heard hear that about Shenault.  Can the Broncos double dip and get Jeudy and Shenault?  

18 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

After his reluctance to draft Alabama players, Elway trading up large for one would sure come as a shock. I love Jeudy, though, so I’m here for it.

Jeudy is probably my least favorite of the top 3 and that’s mostly because I don’t see him as as tough or physical as Lamb/Ruggs.  However, he’s the best route runner in this class, can line up inside and out, and impact all 3 levels of the field.  He’s going to be open a lot in the NFL and is a nice compliment to Sutton.