2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

I wanna see that ILB we have on ps before I commit to Danny tbh.

Statistically the chances of a random PS ILB becoming a quality ST guy is low, let alone a elite guy like Danny. Don't get your hopes up.

The 'unknown' is way overvalued in this sport, whether its a draft pick or a young guy that we invest all our hopes in. Reality is that good players are rare, JAG's are all over the place and PS dudes are usually just fodder.

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Statistically the chances of a random PS ILB becoming a quality ST guy is low, let alone a elite guy like Danny. Don't get your hopes up.

The 'unknown' is way overvalued in this sport, whether its a draft pick or a young guy that we invest all our hopes in. Reality is that good players are rare, JAG's are all over the place and PS dudes are usually just fodder.

You're right but Vic Fangio as been coaching for 40 years and is an expert with Linebackers in my opinion.  Are we controlling for that variable?

I'm excited for that unknown does it make me smart no. There's a fine line between stupidity and genius. 

You're right but Vic Fangio as been coaching for 40 years and is an expert with Linebackers in my opinion.  Are we controlling for that variable?

This may be true in terms of understanding how to use a good linebacker to maximize a scheme, but look at CHI and the LB talents he had. They didn't exactly come out of nowhere. He took really talented guys and put them in positions to excel, he didn't grab a PS guy and turn him into a star.

3 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This may be true in terms of understanding how to use a good linebacker to maximize a scheme, but look at CHI and the LB talents he had. They didn't exactly come out of nowhere. He took really talented guys and put them in positions to excel, he didn't grab a PS guy and turn him into a star.

I'm happy with AJ Johnsons growth under him but I understand your pessimism due to the state of the team rn.

4 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

How about LB Dylan Moses ? With his injury we might be able to get him in the 2nd round, similar to what DAL did with Jaylon Smith a few years ago. Moses has 3-down potential with speed that Fangio needs.

I think every member on this forum approves this move lol. I'd love to see Von Miller turn into Dylan Moses and a 2021 first tbh. Or a tackle if we were waiting until round 2

I am not so sure we deal Von, and even am hesitant to think that Harris is gone. The defense is allowing under 20ppg. Its still very good. Elway may believe that side of the ball should stay together and continue to try and patch the other side. I would wager on that before a full reset on both sides for picks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I am not so sure we deal Von, and even am hesitant to think that Harris is gone. The defense is allowing under 20ppg. Its still very good. Elway may believe that side of the ball should stay together and continue to try and patch the other side. I would wager on that before a full reset on both sides for picks.

It really is all dependent on what we do with those picks and what the deal with Von includes. I've seen enough from this coaching staff where I'm made to believe 2 extra picks in the first two rounds of the draft geared towards defense makes perfect sense. 

I think the offense has a shell of coming around. If we got a 2nd in 2020 and first in 2021 it makes perfect sense. Anything less and it's dependent of who you're Identifying imo.

I think the offense has a shell of coming around. If we got a 2nd in 2020 and first in 2021 it makes perfect sense. Anything less and it's dependent of who you're Identifying imo.

lol. What have they shown for you to believe this. We have a injured declining vet QB, a complete unknown non-blue chip QB waiting in the wings that the FO isn't confident in playing, one of the wort OL's in the league with one young starter, good RB's but likely will be due a payday by the time the offense is even mediocre and paying RB's seems to always be an error, an athlete playing TE (Albeit he has potential) and a potential #1 WR in Sutton.

I just don't see it. Our offensive talent is objectively bottom 3 in the league.

14 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

lol. What have they shown for you to believe this. We have a injured declining vet QB, a complete unknown non-blue chip QB waiting in the wings that the FO isn't confident in playing, one of the wort OL's in the league with one young starter, good RB's but likely will be due a payday by the time the offense is even mediocre and paying RB's seems to always be an error, an athlete playing TE (Albeit he has potential) and a potential #1 WR in Sutton.

I just don't see it. Our offensive talent is objectively bottom 3 in the league.

Lindsay, Risner, Freeman, Janovich, Sutton, and imo Drew Lock are solid core foundational pieces to a top 10 offense. Forgot Fant SMDH sorry Noah.

You can dismiss that, laugh at that, call me a homer etc it's not what that offense is today it's what they could be with another value bin free agency and draft.

Couple that with a couple of nice picks from Von to get the defense on the rebuilding fast track, and hopefully a comp 3rd for Harris and this team is in business. 

I see the niners this season as a basis of hopefully what Denver can become in the AFC and I get excited. 

Edited by thebestever6

@BroncosFan2010 I agreed with you that Daniel Jones was the best fit for this offense in the 2019 NFL draft and the most pro ready win now power move this franchise could make. 

Where I think your pessimism comes down to is your Drew Lock sourness.  He was my second rated QB in 2019 for this offense because he fits it like a glove and we got him 36 spots later than Daniel Jones.

I always wanted to see where that Shanny Cutler Led team could of finished with a great defense.  I may now start to get that chance because Drew had the best deep ball in the 2019 class imo.

20 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Lindsay, Risner, Freeman, Janovich, Sutton, and imo Drew Lock are solid core foundational pieces to a top 10 offense. Forgot Fant SMDH sorry Noah.

You can dismiss that, laugh at that, call me a homer etc it's not what that offense is today it's what they could be with another value bin free agency and draft.

Couple that with a couple of nice picks from Von to get the defense on the rebuilding fast track, and hopefully a comp 3rd for Harris and this team is in business. 

I see the niners this season as a basis of hopefully what Denver can become in the AFC and I get excited. 

I agree all of those guys are core pieces to an offense. That said, we need more WRs, and we need a read on Lock. Lock is not a solid core piece at this time since he hasn't contributed or gained any on-field experience.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I agree all of those guys are core pieces to an offense. That said, we need more WRs, and we need a read on Lock. Lock is not a solid core piece at this time since he hasn't contributed or gained any on-field experience.

You're 100% right that's why I said my opinion with him just want to clarify. 

Drew has that it factor imo when asked about facing KC twice a year he brought himself back to being in high school draining a 3 on the road and getting that reaction out of the crowd he feeeedddss off of it much like Joe Flacco in that 2012 playoff run.

Drew has what Jay Cutler always was missing he embraces being the villian which is what a competitor does!!! Jay acted like a villian with Rivers and all of that stuff but it always seemed like an act with him.  He never embraced that role.

I just got a good feeling about Drew and this offense.Take it for what It's worth because I forced myself to have that feeling with Paxton because I was hungry for more playoff runs lol even though my best value pick was Dak I didn't mind Paxton.

A number 2 wr is so obtainable when you have a number 1 in Sutton.

Edited by thebestever6

I just wanna forewarn people of my homerism.

-If Drew Lock plays a handful of games and shows signs he's the guy.

- Von gets traded in the offseason for a nice haul or a trade down with the titans or bucs for a huge haul for a qb like Herbert so that we can keep Von and still get this thing moving.

-bargain value quality free agents are aquired while getting a 3rd for Harris.

- Home run 2020 draft.

If 4 of those 6 things happen I will be calling John Elway a top 5 gm again on this forum so prepare. 

Edited by thebestever6