2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

4 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Chase Young...wow. Both of the Bosas were excellent prospects, but Young blows them out of the water physically. Best player in this draft IMO. 

He’s not as polished as those 2 or some others in the past 5 or so years.  But in terms of physical gifts....INSANE, he’s going to be a beast.

• Like 1

I don’t know who else is watching the Georgia/Notre Dame game, but Fromm is so impressive.  Not from a physical standpoint, but he just understands the game.  He’s at the LOS making calls, he never panics, he has terrific accuracy, he looks defenders off, he’s reading defenses.  He’s just already doing things that NFL QBs are required to do from a mental standpoint and does it with poise.  He’s a scary prospect for me because he does lack the physical tools, but man he’s just a guy that seems hard to bet against having a really good NFL career. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I don’t know who else is watching the Georgia/Notre Dame game, but Fromm is so impressive.  Not from a physical standpoint, but he just understands the game.  He’s at the LOS making calls, he never panics, he has terrific accuracy, he looks defenders off, he’s reading defenses.  He’s just already doing things that NFL QBs are required to do from a mental standpoint and does it with poise.  He’s a scary prospect for me because he does lack the physical tools, but man he’s just a guy that seems hard to bet against having a really good NFL career. 

He looks very smooth like he knows where to go with the football on every play. There's not much foolery with him.

He's like the opposite of Mitch Trubisky. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Big boy throws all night. ND kept sending the blitz and he kept putting the ball in the perfect spot for his big WRs. All night. Having an NFL QB vs. a college QB (Book) was the difference.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Big boy throws all night. ND kept sending the blitz and he kept putting the ball in the perfect spot for his big WRs. All night. Having an NFL QB vs. a college QB (Book) was the difference.

Exactly.  Fromm’s statistical numbers haven’t and won’t ever standout, but when you watch him you just can’t walk away without being impressed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Exactly.  Fromm’s statistical numbers haven’t and won’t ever standout, but when you watch him you just can’t walk away without being impressed.

I've really come around on him. And it looks to me like he's handcuffed by his offense, although there's gotta be a better term for it because their running game can get a first down every play so it's not really disadvantageous for anyone. 

He played a near perfect game vs. a really talented defense in the second half. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, germ-x said:

Reminds me a lot of Chad Pennington coming out. That’s not a knock on him at all, I think if Chad had been able to stay healthy he would have had a Matt Ryan type of career 

13 hours ago, germ-x said:

Love me some Fromm. I said it before. I don’t see him busting. He’s everything mentally you want in a QB and he has enough of the physical traits to succeed there. His poise is unmatched. He is so polar opposite of our last two QB draft picks in Lynch and Lock. Therefore I’m sure Elway wouldn’t touch him, plus we took Lock in round 2 last year. That shouldn’t stop us from looking at Fromm but it probably will. His processing of the game is great and he just has that IT factor that can’t be taught. I mean the guy has 35 touchdowns in his career in the red zone with no interceptions. 

For me, Fromm's last name might as well be Carr, and ipso facto, might as well be Lock. Bias aside, the one "true" NFL QB I see this season is Herbert. Is he the end all be all at the QB position? Hell no, but when the season is over, and the combine has passed us by, he'll either be a top 2 pick, or he's between Daniel Jones and Josh Allen. I know that due to the school he's at, automatic comparisons between him and Mariota happen, they're 2 completely different QB's. Herbert can run a professional NFL offense. Mariota needs to have one tailored around him (don't tell people here in Portland I said that).

16 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

For me, Fromm's last name might as well be Carr, and ipso facto, might as well be Lock. Bias aside, the one "true" NFL QB I see this season is Herbert. Is he the end all be all at the QB position? Hell no, but when the season is over, and the combine has passed us by, he'll either be a top 2 pick, or he's between Daniel Jones and Josh Allen. I know that due to the school he's at, automatic comparisons between him and Mariota happen, they're 2 completely different QB's. Herbert can run a professional NFL offense. Mariota needs to have one tailored around him (don't tell people here in Portland I said that).

I can’t deny his tools but man he’s struggled in big games. The AUB game this year was a shining example.  I get he’s on a finesse team playing better trench talent vs. SEC / ACC / Big 10 or even Wazzou teams but as a contrast Darnold balled out in the big ones making big time throws.  I haven’t seen that yet with Herbert which does concern me.  He looks like a franchise QB vs. lesser talent but looks like a mental midget who won’t step into pressure or hang tough vs. the top college D’s.  He really struggled in the stretch last fall I am really going to try and see how he does this fall to see if that’s improved. 

It’s tough because he’s got the pocket passer toolset.  I hope he comes up bigger in ORE’s big games this year.   It would address the one big issue I see (processing / ability against pressure). 

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

arguably Hurts

Hurts intrigues me the same way Lamar Jackson did coming out. They arent prototype guys. At some point in the draft that becomes irrelevant. Pick 32 for Jackson.

Andrew Luck had a 7 year career and and an AFC conference championship game to show for it. Carson Wentz MVP caliber type season year two is fighting to change playing styles. 

Lock arguably deserves some type of competition if Flacco isn't around regardless of the flashes he shows.

Edited by thebestever6