2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

This is an A+ performance from Joe Burrow in the first half vs. Bama. The mobility/pocket presence is IMPRESSIVE. You can nitpick the arm strength, but everything else looks pretty advanced. 

I'm loving it he's going to Cincinnati pushing more guys down our way.

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

He's legitttt as a prospect no doubt.

I still would prefer Lock/Thomas or Lock/Young to QB top 3.

How far is Fromm dropping? I saw Fromm round 3 somewhere. 

I am on the Burrow wagon though.  When a kid shows up like that in a big game it says something.  You can have all the skills and talent in the world but if you are a QB who cannot elevate his game when it's needed then what good are you?  

As far as Fromm, I thought it was a mistake to let Fields go to OSU.  He is way better than Fromm, but Fromm hasn't done anything to lose the starting job.  That is who he is.  He will do enough to not lose his job.  

• Like 1

Unless Georgia wins the BCS, I suspect Fromm is staying in school.   He can't break the Tua/Burrow tier, and his supporting cast of WR's with Cager out, it's going to suppress his output.  Plus, he's loving the Georgia life, and his team-first mentality, he's not in a situation that's desperate for money, and if he stays in school, he not only improves his draft stock, but finishes his career with all-time W records (which matters to him more than personal stats), and 4 shots to get the coveted crown.    

Frankly, that would be to our advantage - as Fromm would deepen a 2020 class that is more likely to be our next target if Lock flames out.   Given the way 2019 is going down, it's hard to see Elway willing to cut bait on Lock, unless it's a colossal gong show when he takes the field - and even then, with a week 11 practice start, I'm becoming more pessimistic on the week 13 audition start, barring injury.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Unless Georgia wins the BCS, I suspect Fromm is staying in school.   He can't break the Tua/Burrow tier, and his supporting cast of WR's with Cager out, it's going to suppress his output.  Plus, he's loving the Georgia life, and his team-first mentality, he's not in a situation that's desperate for money, and if he stays in school, he not only improves his draft stock, but finishes his career with all-time W records (which matters to him more than personal stats), and 4 shots to get the coveted crown.    

Frankly, that would be to our advantage - as Fromm would deepen a 2020 class that is more likely to be our next target if Lock flames out.   Given the way 2019 is going down, it's hard to see Elway willing to cut bait on Lock, unless it's a colossal gong show when he takes the field - and even then, with a week 11 practice start, I'm becoming more pessimistic on the week 13 audition start, barring injury.

I was thinking the same things as I was watching my Dawgs blank Mizzou last night. I am suspecting that Fromm stays for his senior year. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I was thinking the same things as I was watching my Dawgs blank Mizzou last night. I am suspecting that Fromm stays for his senior year. 

See the only reason I'm torn on Fromm is because going later isn't as frowned upon as it once was. Look at Drew Lock pre draft he said I don't mind where I go as long as it is the right fit..

If I was Fromm the top of round 2 might not be so bad if I get a wirfs, Thomas, or a center from Wisconsin in front of me.

You're both probably right but it's a close call.