2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

Okudah is going to be a stud.  Fully worthy of a top 5 pick.  He’s flawless as a CB prospect.  Size, speed, athleticism, showing the ball skills this year, and good vs the run.

Wirfs is interesting.  He’s not as clean as Thomas and the draft gurus are a bit all over the place with him.  Most have him as a 1st rounder, but I’ve seen him as high as 3 and as low as early to mid 20s.  I personally love him as a prospect.  Freaky athlete for that size, strength off the charts, and has just continued getting better at Iowa.  He hasn’t been perfect, but man if he keeps improving at the rate he has at Iowa and makes that same jump at the NFL level you’re looking at a guys that’s a bookend OT and numerous time all pro.  Offensive lineman lose in today’s game because they just don’t physically matchup to today’s NFL pass rushers. Wirfs is a guy that can physically match or exceed even the best the NFL has to offer, if he’s coachable he’s as good as it can get.

• Like 1

Another game vs. an inferior opponent..and another meh game by Herbert.  They probably won't lose this one...but this isn't a one-off.   Two seasons where he should be the guy leading the O and making things happen - and only 1x has it been him (vs. WAS, where he did come though).  The others have been L's or won by the DST (today) or run game (WSU).   Last week, 2 of the 3 TD's trying to catch up was a blown coverage or literally 3 straight bubble screens completed (with 2 wide open throws missed), coupled with the killer TO's, again vs. an inferior team.

Anyone who pumps Herbert is looking at his size, and undeniable tools.  And they're look at Oregon's system-driven numbers.   The tape is just terrifying, and frankly, should convince almost every team they should pass Rd1.  Only need is driving his stock IMO.    And I say that being a huge Herbert fan going into the fall of last year - his progress as a sophomore was so good, the sky was the limit.  It's just been so disappointing watching his complete lack of progress...and the flaws in his game.   Awesome video-game numbers in that system...and the size and arm skills to be a NFL QB.   But so many other issues, and no growth in 2 years.   Man.   

I really hope Lock shows a pulse, because that's likely enough to keep us from going QB Rd1.   And again, given Elway's strong links to Herbert last year, while I never say pass on QBOTF if he's there and he's legit, this is a pure easy pass on the price he'll require.

(EDIT:  I posted this thinking ORE was winning 24-10, that TD brought back doesn't factor in, not his fault the RB lost control on way to EZ - but not a plus play, either - another system driven swing pass for a should-have been score)

Edited by Broncofan

59 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Another game vs. an inferior opponent..and another meh game by Herbert.  They probably won't lose this one...but this isn't a one-off.   Two seasons where he should be the guy leading the O and making things happen - and only 1x has it been him (vs. WAS, where he did come though).  The others have been L's or won by the DST (today) or run game (WSU).   Last week, 2 of the 3 TD's trying to catch up was a blown coverage or literally 3 straight bubble screens completed (with 2 wide open throws missed), coupled with the killer TO's, again vs. an inferior team.

Anyone who pumps Herbert is looking at his size, and undeniable tools.  And they're look at Oregon's system-driven numbers.   The tape is just terrifying, and frankly, should convince almost every team they should pass Rd1.  Only need is driving his stock IMO.    And I say that being a huge Herbert fan going into the fall of last year - his progress as a sophomore was so good, the sky was the limit.  It's just been so disappointing watching his complete lack of progress...and the flaws in his game.   Awesome video-game numbers in that system...and the size and arm skills to be a NFL QB.   But so many other issues, and no growth in 2 years.   Man.   

I really hope Lock shows a pulse, because that's likely enough to keep us from going QB Rd1.   And again, given Elway's strong links to Herbert last year, while I never say pass on QBOTF if he's there and he's legit, this is a pure easy pass on the price he'll require.

(EDIT:  I posted this thinking ORE was winning 24-10, that TD brought back doesn't factor in, not his fault the RB lost control on way to EZ - but not a plus play, either - another system driven swing pass for a should-have been score)

Yeah too bad that will be enough for Elway since the measurables of the height and arm strength are all that matters. Not mental processing or anything like that...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Yeah too bad that will be enough for Elway since the measurables of the height and arm strength are all that matters. Not mental processing or anything like that...

Yeah, but if Lock even shows a pulse, we'll likely stands pat for Rd1.    There's no reason to believe he's even close to ready given what we saw in the preseason), but 5 games is enough to let him show any progress.  Any progress, and Elway's standing pat.  I mean, everything coming from the players and media's all about giving him time and being patient - and acknowledging this is a rebuild.  That's very telling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, but if Lock even shows a pulse, we'll likely stands pat for Rd1.    There's no reason to believe he's even close to ready given what we saw in the preseason), but 5 games is enough to let him show any progress.  Any progress, and Elway's standing pat.  I mean, everything coming from the players and media's all about giving him time and being patient - and acknowledging this is a rebuild.  That's very telling. 

I’ll bet Lock looks better than Haskins though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Man, LSU athletes are different. And I've felt this way for years, before they had a clue how to take advantage of it on offense.

Haha, I’ve told a friend of mine this for years.  LSU has been as talented as Alabama since Saban took over, they literally just never have a QB or a functional offense (until now).

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

As @BowserBroncos mocked to us in his mock in the mock forum. Henry Ruggs with Locks arm would be awesome. I think OT and CB are the priorities but we should still go BPA

Don't look now, but Bolles/Risner had another great outing. James is a huge upgrade over Wilkinson. McGovern had the best game I've seen from him and Schlottman, although he had a few mental errors played pretty well for Leary. 

We could use a CB, but also our DL is pretty thin. Excellent coaching has gone a long way toward minimizing our lack of talent in lots of areas.

Guys like Kinlaw, D. Brown, Biadasz, Ruggs, Fulton......... will be available when we pick. Lets hear it for BPA. We get 5 picks in the top 100. Solid ballplayers will thrive with the staff we have.

It is fun thinking what Ruggs could bring. Facing an aerial attack featuring Sutton, Fant, Lock and Ruggs could be a real nightmare for DC's.