2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

I just saw a highlight of Lock and the completion to Tim Patrick (I think we all know which pass I am talking about), that was Roger-esque.  I am not trying to gush here, or get too hyped.  But if he does have that arm talent and Scangarlli is the QB whisperer...then I really hope we have something Lock...it would be a huge relief to where the Broncos can take their draft picks and cap space to do something...and it isn't like they need to spend all that money on FA...I would keep Simmons and CHJ.  I would sign a top notch DL and OL if they are out there.  That's about it.  If we can get three years in a row of top quality draft picks...who needs FA? FA money is just filler money that you go and put some pieces in around the young guys. 

I would sign a top notch DL and OL if they are out there.  That's about it.

I agree w/ the OL signing, but IMO our DL can be shored up by simply bringing back Wolfe and grabbing some cheap rotating guys. The position we need to upgrade is ILB. A true sideline-to-sideline guy like Danny T would take us to the next level. Chicago fell apart this year, they owe alot of money around that roster and Danny loved playing in Vic's shceme. Its a pretty clear fit. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, germ-x said:

Cushenberry is solid too.  Overall though this IOL class isn’t great.  Probably has guys being over drafted by teams based on need.  Risner was a far better prospect than all of these guys, with a far better track record, capable of playing 3 positions in the NFL and he went 2nd round last year.  

If Denver wants to roll with Bolles/James at OT, I think the best route is addressing the interior in FA than taking one of these IOLs round 1.

Dude you have some serious shortcomings if you think Risner had a better track record than Biadasz, unless Risner was a two time all-American, but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t. I agree Biadasz isn’t terribly athletic but sloppy? He’s most known as a technician. A lot of teams and even his own team’s fans laughed when the Cowboys took Frederick in the first, that worked out pretty well and Biadasz is a very similar player, Frederick is not overly athletic. 

It’s funny when a lot of fans fall in love with “athletic” guys just because they are athletic but fail to realize that doesn’t make a player excel in the NFL. I’m guessing you loved the Bolles pick for this exact reason. Biadasz is 100% the best iOL in the draft and would have been a first rounder last year most likely.

Local media types (Renck/Klis/Mase/Jhabvala) are all talking about OL/WR in Round 1. All of them seem relatively clued in, so I would say we need to consider that as a reality. Also, I understand wanting to wait on WR, but the reality is, we need a dynamic weapon in this offense. We've taken lots of mid-round WRs, many don't work out, or you end up with DaeSean Hamilton. WR needs to be a Round 1/2 pick. 

I have a suspicion Denver's FA money will be spent on a CB, DT, and 3rd WR of some sort. The draft will likely address IOL, WR, and CB early on. That's my guess right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Dude you have some serious shortcomings if you think Risner had a better track record than Biadasz, unless Risner was a two time all-American, but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t. I agree Biadasz isn’t terribly athletic but sloppy? He’s most known as a technician. A lot of teams and even his own team’s fans laughed when the Cowboys took Frederick in the first, that worked out pretty well and Biadasz is a very similar player, Frederick is not overly athletic. 

It’s funny when a lot of fans fall in love with “athletic” guys just because they are athletic but fail to realize that doesn’t make a player excel in the NFL. I’m guessing you loved the Bolles pick for this exact reason. Biadasz is 100% the best iOL in the draft and would have been a first rounder last year most likely.

Risner had an exceptional college career full of accolades.  https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/football/roster/dalton-risner/5372

You'll probably hear me hype them up a few more times this offseason, but Maryland has two very good players entering the draft. They never stood a chance with the OL mess and spotty QB situation. Both RBs- Anthony McFarland and Javon Leake.

McFarland in particular is someone who I expect will have a good chance to shoot up draft boards once the workouts start. He's Alvin Kamara-esque. Blazing fast, can work at RB/WR, highly recruited. He's going to be a great asset for the right team.

Leake is a big-play guy who can contribute on kickoffs and out of the backfield. He was the B1G returner of the year. He's 6'0 206 but built solid. Both of these guys are better than Ty Johnson was, and he's found a way to stick on a roster. Would love to take either in Rounds 3-5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

So which would you prefer, a trade down from our 1st or a trade up from our 2nd ?? He's in that 20-27 range IMO

Oops, didn't mean to project into the draft. Just tossed my opinion into his worth. I've read a few negative opinions on his play and just disagree with them.

He just looks like a quality NFL ballplayer from day 1. He won't be a bust.