2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

On 12/30/2019 at 1:38 AM, Broncofan said:

He had a meh first year, but an OC-minded HC like Zac Taylor could really do some fun things with him, Mixon, John Ross & Tyler Boyd there, and 2 2nd year OL who had to redshirt their rookie year in 2019.   CIN is where we were last year, but there's hope on the horizon (and I'm not sold that Burrow is all-world, but seems like he's at worst a Matt Ryan-type, which would be a fantastic upgrade on Andy Dalton for-ever).

Burrow had an "meh first year" because that was basically his first time getting playing time...Look at how much he improved, he's as good a QB prospect as I've ever seen.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:05 AM, broncos67 said:

I'm not thrilled with dropping all the way to 15- probably a discussion for another thread, but had we been Top 10, I really think we'd have had our choice of a lot of guys who can help this team.

15 has some interesting players that could be available:

• Isaiah Simmons
  • Kristian Fulton
  • Tristan Wirfs
  • Henry Ruggs
  • Javon Kinlaw
  • Tee Higgins
  • Lavika Shenault
  • Grant Delpit
  • Jedrick Wills

Agree about not loving falling to 15 but have to say if Simmons is there he's gotta be the guy even tho I think he won't fall that far.  His physical traits are unreal, built for todays game in space.  His length and speed is unreal,  he just makes plays and hits people. 

If Simmons isn't there I think Ruggs is a guy who is so fast that he changes your entire offense.  He will command safety help over the top and there aren't many guys who do that, he's special because of his speed and would give us something we haven't ever had!

21 minutes ago, IronJ said:

Agree about not loving falling to 15 but have to say if Simmons is there he's gotta be the guy even tho I think he won't fall that far.  His physical traits are unreal, built for todays game in space.  His length and speed is unreal,  he just makes plays and hits people. 

If Simmons isn't there I think Ruggs is a guy who is so fast that he changes your entire offense.  He will command safety help over the top and there aren't many guys who do that, he's special because of his speed and would give us something we haven't ever had!

We had Ashley Lelie.

2 hours ago, IronJ said:

Burrow had an "meh first year" because that was basically his first time getting playing time...Look at how much he improved, he's as good a QB prospect as I've ever seen.

I was talking about Zac Taylor having a meh 1st year as CIN HC.  O.o

Edited by Broncofan

Biadasz tonight showed exactly why I like him and what concerns me.  I was only able to watch the 2nd half, was driving back from Granby during the 1st half.

He’s clearly very smart and technically sound.  In pass pro he pass defenders off to the OGs and is ready to take on a stunt or late blitz.  He’s a big OL who has a very good anchor when he’s squared up to the defender.  He gets push in the running game and plays until the whistle blows.

He struggled a few times with undersized/quicker defenders, on one occasion was so out of position against a small DT he barely touched him and he gave up a 2 yard loss.  He’s a plodder whose athleticism is a very real concern.  He is not bad moving to the 2nd level with the play coming directly behind him.  If he’s asked to do anything actually in space on a screen or trick play, his athleticism is poor enough that he may not even be able to get in the way of the defender.

In a phone booth, power scheme, I think he’s a good player.  In a zone scheme I think he’s very comparable to Connor McGovern (both are strength based/forward moving type players), who did not have a bad year for Denver by any means. 

Edited by germ-x

2 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If Fangio has any say in the draft room, I’d be shocked if Kenneth Murray slipped past the 15th pick.

If they let CHJ go, I dont know how they dont draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd. Diggs or Wade will be there 15th but Elway has never drafted Alabama players in the past so I wonder if Wade is a possibility if he declared.

I know 2 things about NFL drafts that are 100% true. If there is a Wisconsin OL on the board--take him. If there is a OSU DB on the board---take him.

Edited by AkronsWitness

37 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If they let CHJ go, I dont know how they dont draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd. Diggs or Wade will be there 15th but Elway has never drafted Alabama players in the past so I wonder if Wade is a possibility if he declared.

I know 2 things about NFL drafts that are 100% true. If there is a Wisconsin OL on the board--take him. If there is a OSU DB on the board---take him.

Wade is a great tackler with good size. Fangio will love him

8 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Klis, Renck, Jhabvala and Allbright have all been hinting at a fast WR in Round 1. 

I wouldn’t be surprised with a defensive FA and offense heavy draft.  Let young guys grow with Lock and crew.  Plus might be counting on Fangio to be able to coach up less heralded defensive prospects. 

I’ve had a feeling with Denver dropping into the middle of the round Ruggs will be the pick.  Elway wants his Hill

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised with a defensive FA and offense heavy draft.  Let young guys grow with Lock and crew.  Plus might be counting on Fangio to be able to coach up less heralded defensive prospects. 

I’ve had a feeling with Denver dropping into the middle of the round Ruggs will be the pick.  Elway wants his Hill

Id be fine with Ruggs but I’d rather trade down and grab Smith if so. He’s a better receiver than Ruggs and explosive enough. He might stay at Bama though.