2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

Ruggs/Reagor + Duvernay with a late 3rd/early 4th would be fun. That’s a lot of explosive athletes in one offense. But I can be talked into like 20 of these guys, such a good WR draft. I think you need to find the vertical speed threat but I’d complement that pick with at minimum a late 4th and get any of these guys who would have been Day 2 WRs in most years. 

33 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think I want the best C or CB at #15.  We really need a center.  We keep talking about the tackle and guard positions, but all the best teams seem to have top-shelf centers.  There has to be something said about that.  

IMO, there isn’t an interior lineman worthy of a top 15 selection or even 1st round selection.  Rounds 2-3 have some quality prospects with Cushenberry, Biadasz, Ruiz, and Hennessy.  

• Like 2

IMO, there isn’t an interior lineman worthy of a top 15 selection or even 1st round selection.  Rounds 2-3 have some quality prospects with Cushenberry, Biadasz, Ruiz, and Hennessy.  

I think Biadasz is a lock to go R1 but dont think he is worth a selection that high. He is a nice prospect, great technique, motor and hand usage. But he lacks the physical abilities that separate a guy from being a really good Day 2 Center prospect and a R1 prospect. Guys like the Pouncey bros had those physical traits IMO. 

I would add Nick Harris to your list. He is a Center only prospect, but a tremendous one at that. Small and squat like a wrestler, elite motor, elite quickness into his set, good hand usage, etc. If he can show 1 vs 1 abilities against large NT's at the Senior Bowl I will have alot more confidence in him holding up against bull rushes in this league. 

34 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think Biadasz is a lock to go R1 but dont think he is worth a selection that high. He is a nice prospect, great technique, motor and hand usage. But he lacks the physical abilities that separate a guy from being a really good Day 2 Center prospect and a R1 prospect. Guys like the Pouncey bros had those physical traits IMO. 

I would add Nick Harris to your list. He is a Center only prospect, but a tremendous one at that. Small and squat like a wrestler, elite motor, elite quickness into his set, good hand usage, etc. If he can show 1 vs 1 abilities against large NT's at the Senior Bowl I will have alot more confidence in him holding up against bull rushes in this league. 

Yeah.  Biadasz is interesting as early in the process he was pretty much locked in as IOL #1, now most places I follow have cooled on him.  Dane Bruglar at The Athletic just came out with his updated top 100 and Biadasz was his #4 OC and 89th overall prospect.

Now I don’t know if I think he’s that low, but I don’t view him as an elite center prospect and in watching his bowl game vs Oregon his lack of foot quickness and athleticism raise very real questions about how effective he will be in the NFL.  

I mentioned this before, but last year all we heard about Biadasz was how he would’ve been a 1st round pick had he declared.  Part of why Biadasz returned to Wisconsin was because he didn’t receive what was expected from the Draft Advisory Committee, which leads me to believe the NFL isn’t as high on Biadasz as most of these draftniks.

Edited by germ-x

I mentioned this before, but last year all we heard about Biadasz was how he would’ve been a 1st round pick had he declared.  Part of why Biadasz returned to Wisconsin was because he didn’t receive what was expected from the Draft Advisory Committee, which leads me to believe the NFL isn’t as high on Biadasz as most of these draftniks.

Totally agree. I think he is going to have a Dan Feeney like cooling once the draft process starts. We all saw Feeney as a high R2 pick at worse, with most mocking him in R1. He fell all the way to R3 once people singled out his athletic deficiencies. 

57 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Right now, and I know it's early.  But I think the number one pick will be the center from Wisconsin and I think the first number two pick will be the kid from Home Improvement, J. Taylor. 

I'd be OK with selecting Biadasz but only with a slight trade down, I don't see him a good value at 15. 

I really like Lynn Bowden. He's a little bit of a headcase, but there's obviously a worth in the NFL to having athletes on the team, and he's as good as any in this draft.

The slight headcase'eness that he brings is worth the potential payoff. He is an insane YAC guy who would be awesome value anytime after R2. You want to talk about a guy that a QB can just dump a ball to and watch make plays, he can do that. Bubble screens, deep shots, designed backfield runs, occasional wildcat (Albeit I hate bringing that up, he isnt a wildcat QB, he is an offensive weapon that may throw 1-3 passes per season). 

He is a really fun, electric talent. 

38 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I'd be OK with selecting Biadasz but only with a slight trade down, I don't see him a good value at 15. 

I'm just starting to get familiar with some of the kids that will be draftable. I doubt seriously that Biadasz would be the top rated IOL prospect on Denvers draft board.

Looks to me like there are a handful, probably 2nd and 3rd rd guys, that could upgrade our IOL immediately.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The slight headcase'eness that he brings is worth the potential payoff. He is an insane YAC guy who would be awesome value anytime after R2. You want to talk about a guy that a QB can just dump a ball to and watch make plays, he can do that. Bubble screens, deep shots, designed backfield runs, occasional wildcat (Albeit I hate bringing that up, he isnt a wildcat QB, he is an offensive weapon that may throw 1-3 passes per season). 

He is a really fun, electric talent. 

But he could also run it 10-12x from the QB position too.   That type of versatility really does matter nowadays.