2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Been impressed with Patrick Queen.  Not sure where or when he will be drafted but he is all over it seems 

Agreed.  I’ve seen him as a day 2 pick, with Dane Bruglar of The Athletic believing returning to school and getting more consistent vs the run he could get 1st round grades next year. 

20 minutes ago, germ-x said:

The feel, the ability to throw under pressure, and the deep ball accuracy....all elite traits from Burrow.  Chase should’ve caught that last deep ball from Burrow for an easy TD that would’ve ended this game. 

Right on cue another dime for the dagger.  

Burrow doesn’t have elite physical traits and his arm strength is only average.  But his deep ball placement and intangibles (anticipation. timing, pocket awareness, ability to extend plays and/or step up, reading D’s) just play up so well.  Watson is more athletic but that’s the closest comp I see.  Unlike Watson coming out of college  ppl realize now how much those matter.   Gotta say while I don’t think he’s Mahomes / Lawrence (who appears human tonight because LSU D outclassing every matchup except Ross & Etienne) level but have to feel good if you are a Cin fan.  

Edited by Broncofan

Burrow may be only above average athletically and in terms of arm strength, but his processing, footwork, ball placement, anticipation, deep ball accuracy, football IQ, pocket presence, etc. All of those traits are 100% elite. He smells like an all time great to me, I like his moxie quite a bit more than Trevor. 

Also, after last night I am 99% sure that Simmons is nowhere near us when we draft. He is going closer to Top-5 than Top-15. Absolute prototypical ILB for this league. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

• 2 weeks later...

Curious if anyone has watched Mekhi Becton OT from Louisville play?  6'7" 370lbs with great agility from what I read and only allowed 1 sack his entire career.  Seems like an intriguing prospect for us at 15.  A lot can change from now until draft day but he seems to be getting a lot of praise right now. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a road grader at 15 and then seeing what WR are still there in rounds 2-5. 

If we wait to Day 2 to hit WR a tremendous talent besides Reagor (who is no lock to be there if he lights up the Combine) is KJ Hill.   His ability to separate with man coverage and  sudden change of direction, great YAC ability, and combined with not-quite-elite lid lifting ability, likely means he falls to Day 2 in our range.   Would be an outstanding foil to Sutton long term.  

At the Senior Bowl,  WR Denzel Mims is really standing out. He's not only got the speed we need, he's 6'3 205lbs and reportedly has great hands\

From PFN "Denzel Mims/WR/Baylor: Mims was arguably the best player on the North team today. He was uncoverable all day long. He separated with explosiveness, fluidity, and physicality and showed off an impressive catch radius during one-on-ones. He had scouts in the stands “wowing” at some of his reps. Mims was the most impressive player of the day, in my opinion."

Even Cecil Lammey knows about this guy

https://1043thefan.com/2085878/60-seconds-broncos-wr-speed-senior-bowl/

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

Mims is really intriguing, and track record is not everything, but Baylor pretty regularly spits out WR's that don't do anything in this league. 

I would take him late R3, early R4 but his hype is a bit much for my liking and I dont think he is a R2 guy. Sorta reminds me of Zay Jones meteoric rise in 2017. 

• Like 1