2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

I wouldn’t leave Chaisson off those lists.  His production isn’t there, but is a team captain and reportedly a high character guy with sky high potential.  His explosiveness/bend are elite traits, he just hasn’t put it all together to be consistently dominant.

I could see a scenario where Denver moves Chubb to 3/4 DE (to replace Harris/Wolfe) with the ability to kick him inside on passing downs.  Even with a terrific rookie year, he’s out of place as a standup OLB and dropping in coverage at 6’4” 275+. 

5 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Young 

Okudah

Wirfs 

Jeudy

Lamb

Wills (added him to your list)

Thomas

Simmons

Brown

Kinlaw

Ruggs

This is my Tier 1 prior to the combine and FA. We would need 4 other players to go before our pick to be able to get one of them. 

I left off a few of the top tier guys as I know they'll be gone.  Young, Okudah, Wills, Simmons won't be around Imo.  

I could see a scenario where Denver moves Chubb to 3/4 DE (to replace Harris/Wolfe) with the ability to kick him inside on passing downs.  Even with a terrific rookie year, he’s out of place as a standup OLB and dropping in coverage at 6’4” 275+. 

I would love that scenario. I think Chubb has the strength to play 34DE and his 34'' arms are plenty long (Longer than Wolfe). One of his pluses is hand usage which would mean even more at 34DE, and that motor there would be better than 90% of 34DE in this league. His body control and bend are average at EDGE but near elite for a 34DE. He may have lost some burst with the injury too, all the more reason to move him to 34DE. I would wager him developing into an elite 34DE before an elite EDGE. 

Chaisson has such a unique first step, he would be a monster in this scheme. And his fluidity allows alot more creativity with stunts, zone drops, etc. He isnt just some freak athlete either, the dude has an elite motor and good handwork for someone with so few college snaps. 

I think moving Chubb to 34DE and drafting Chaisson would be a home run move. The WR depth is insane, we dont need to pull the trigger R1, and our OL is closer to good than people think IMO. 

59 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I would love that scenario. I think Chubb has the strength to play 34DE and his 34'' arms are plenty long (Longer than Wolfe). One of his pluses is hand usage which would mean even more at 34DE, and that motor there would be better than 90% of 34DE in this league. His body control and bend are average at EDGE but near elite for a 34DE. He may have lost some burst with the injury too, all the more reason to move him to 34DE. I would wager him developing into an elite 34DE before an elite EDGE. 

Chaisson has such a unique first step, he would be a monster in this scheme. And his fluidity allows alot more creativity with stunts, zone drops, etc. He isnt just some freak athlete either, the dude has an elite motor and good handwork for someone with so few college snaps. 

I think moving Chubb to 34DE and drafting Chaisson would be a home run move. The WR depth is insane, we dont need to pull the trigger R1, and our OL is closer to good than people think IMO. 

Agreed, the mock I’ve been working on that I’ll post when I have time (hopefully this weekend) I have Denver taking Chaisson at #15 and moving Chubb to DE.

Agreed, the mock I’ve been working on that I’ll post when I have time (hopefully this weekend) I have Denver taking Chaisson at #15 and moving Chubb to DE.

Draft Chaisson, resign Wolfe, move Chubb to 34DE and your looking at arguably the most talented 4 man rush from a 34 defense in the entire league. No to mention rotating Walker and Jones? With Attachou as well. Thats deep, versatile and a bunch of hard working dogs. Love it. 

Honestly, I am hoping for two positional changes. Chubb to 34DE and McGovern to RG. Then draft EDGE Chaisson R1 and OC Cushenberry R2. Both plug and play guys that I am extremley high on and both would cement our trenches. 

DL

DE - Bradley Chubb / Dre'Mont Jones

NT - Mike Purcell / Kyle Peko or Mid Round Draft Pick

DE - Derek Wolfe / DeMarcus Walker

EDGE - Von Miller / Malik Reed 

EDGE - K'Lavon Chaisson / Jeremiah Attochu

OL

LT - Garett Bolles / Mid Round Draft Pick

LG - Dalton Risner / Austin Schlottmann

OC - Lloyd Cushenberry III / Patrick Morris

RG - Connor McGovern / Austin Schlottmann

RT - Ja'Wuan James / Jake Rodgers

I would be very happy with both of those squads. The top is clearly playoff worthy and the bottom has the talent but needs experience, consistency and health. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, germ-x said:

I wouldn’t leave Chaisson off those lists.  His production isn’t there, but is a team captain and reportedly a high character guy with sky high potential.  His explosiveness/bend are elite traits, he just hasn’t put it all together to be consistently dominant.

I like the idea...Interesting to see how Chaisson does at the combine...I watched him twice this year and although i can see the burst, he hasn't impressed me but he seems very raw.  I do think Chubb would beast at DE tho. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronJ said:

I like the idea...Interesting to see how Chaisson does at the combine...I watched him twice this year and although i can see the burst, he hasn't impressed me but he seems very raw.  I do think Chubb would beast at DE tho. 

I think his physical tools/character/motor are that of a top 10 pick.  However, his production is very concerning.  Is he just raw and needing coached up or is there some other flaw that’s preventing him from consistently dominating?  

Have to say though, the 1st step, explosiveness, and bend that I’ve seen (and I haven’t watched much of him, so I could’ve missed some glaring deficiencies) to go along with what I’ve read with his character makes him a guy I would gamble on needing some coaching in technique to be elite.

Edited by germ-x

On 2/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, Cutler06 said:

Since we're looking for a RB, anyone heard of Darrynton Evans. Can't take credit for this guy, saw it on PFN. Guy is 5-11, 200lbs with "home-run" speed and can catch out of the backfield. Looks like he can be had in 5th/6th round (at least until I bring him up, then he turns into a 2nd rounder ??) 

I don't know anything about these guys bud, I just know we don't have many. I wouldn't spend a high pick on one. Find a guy 5'9 to 6'0, 205-215 lbs, durable, not a fumbler, good blocker with good vision and hands. I don't really care about "home run" speed. A lot of the greats were 4.6 to 4.9 40's but had great burst, first steps and a knack for always forward for another yard or two.

I'm always more interested in 10 yd times with RB's than 40's. Not sure how a 40 time has much to do with every down production for a RB. 

13 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Draft Chaisson, resign Wolfe, move Chubb to 34DE and your looking at arguably the most talented 4 man rush from a 34 defense in the entire league. No to mention rotating Walker and Jones? With Attachou as well. Thats deep, versatile and a bunch of hard working dogs. Love it. 

Honestly, I am hoping for two positional changes. Chubb to 34DE and McGovern to RG. Then draft EDGE Chaisson R1 and OC Cushenberry R2. Both plug and play guys that I am extremley high on and both would cement our trenches. 

DL

DE - Bradley Chubb / Dre'Mont Jones

NT - Mike Purcell / Kyle Peko or Mid Round Draft Pick

DE - Derek Wolfe / DeMarcus Walker

EDGE - Von Miller / Malik Reed 

EDGE - K'Lavon Chaisson / Jeremiah Attochu

OL

LT - Garett Bolles / Mid Round Draft Pick

LG - Dalton Risner / Austin Schlottmann

OC - Lloyd Cushenberry III / Patrick Morris

RG - Connor McGovern / Austin Schlottmann

RT - Ja'Wuan James / Jake Rodgers

I would be very happy with both of those squads. The top is clearly playoff worthy and the bottom has the talent but needs experience, consistency and health. 

That'd be quite a defensive front 7 rotation! Thats the kind of set up that just wears out an OL. 

I think I'd go just a little different way on the OL. I probably feel better about out IOL than I should. That said, I don't feel at all good about our OT's after Bolles and James. I think I've mentioned this before but draft an OT high that we can start immediately at RG and has the skill set to man either OT spot like Thomas for example> 

Something like:

LT: Bolles / Thomas

LG: Risner / see below

C: Morris, McGovern, Schlottman (best man Wins, 2nd best IOL backup)

RG: Thomas / see above

RT: James / Thomas

Mostly I just really hate the thought of Wilkinson or Rodgers ever getting another snap as a Bronco at OT.

Also, thats a line with Top 5 potential and solid backups.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AKRNA said:

That'd be quite a defensive front 7 rotation! Thats the kind of set up that just wears out an OL. 

I think I'd go just a little different way on the OL. I probably feel better about out IOL than I should. That said, I don't feel at all good about our OT's after Bolles and James. I think I've mentioned this before but draft an OT high that we can start immediately at RG and has the skill set to man either OT spot like Thomas for example> 

Something like:

LT: Bolles / Thomas

LG: Risner / see below

C: Morris, McGovern, Schlottman (best man Wins, 2nd best IOL backup)

RG: Thomas / see above

RT: James / Thomas

Mostly I just really hate the thought of Wilkinson or Rodgers ever getting another snap as a Bronco at OT.

Also, thats a line with Top 5 potential and solid backups.

Rather move Bolles to RG and start Thomas at LT. I don’t think Thomas drops like the media is hyping him to. 

22 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Rather move Bolles to RG and start Thomas at LT. I don’t think Thomas drops like the media is hyping him to. 

Open competition, absolutely. 

Not a chance IMO any of the top rated OT's in the draft can beat Bolles in competition for LT.  He was really, really good in his last five games! I don't think he gave up one QB hit, let alone a sack in that stretch. Still a mauler in the run game. 

Just my opinion.

24 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Open competition, absolutely. 

Not a chance IMO any of the top rated OT's in the draft can beat Bolles in competition for LT.  He was really, really good in his last five games! I don't think he gave up one QB hit, let alone a sack in that stretch. Still a mauler in the run game. 

Just my opinion.

Andrew Thomas could beat him. 

54 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I don't see it as much Thomas is falling, more like other prospects getting hotter. I've heard Kinlaw is skyrocketing, Wills, Wirfs and Chaisson climbing too. Right now I can see about a 40-60% chance he's there for us.....and I'd snag him up !!

14 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

I don't see it as much Thomas is falling, more like other prospects getting hotter. I've heard Kinlaw is skyrocketing, Wills, Wirfs and Chaisson climbing too. Right now I can see about a 40-60% chance he's there for us.....and I'd snag him up !!

I think if the Broncos can land Thomas then do it! And I like Bolles as a guard. He can disguise the holding there a bit and it seems like guards tend to have a mean streak. Plus, he is athletic enough to be the pulling type guards we saw in the late 90s.

• Like 1