2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

Man if Shenault falls the way it’s being talked about, with 12 picks I would be all for using a 3rd or 4th round pick on him.  His talent is fully worth that risk.  

Absolutley although I don't see him falling that far.  

Man C.J. Henderson has to be talked about at 15.  6'1 205lbs 4.39 40 and 20 bench reps.  He sounds like the real deal and quality corners are worth every penny when you can get them on a cheap(er) rookie deal.  

40 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Have been reading on twitter from people that attended the combine that the worst kept secret is that Denver wants Henry Ruggs. 

Since December, really. They are not great at hiding their draft intentions. 

They may want him, but enough to move up to 10/11 and dig into that Day 2 arsenal? If you like the top four OTs, 15 guarantees at least one stud at a position of need will be there. 

Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, Wills, Brown, Kinlaw, Young, Simmons, Okudah

Obviously excluding the three QBs who will go top 14, I’d be excited to add any of the other twelve and at least one will be there at 15. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Since December, really. They are not great at hiding their draft intentions. 

They may want him, but enough to move up to 10/11 and dig into that Day 2 arsenal? If you like the top four OTs, 15 guarantees at least one stud at a position of need will be there. 

Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, Wills, Brown, Kinlaw, Young, Simmons, Okudah

Obviously excluding the three QBs who will go top 14, I’d be excited to add any of the other twelve and at least one will be there at 15. 

Agreed.  I think Denver should just sit at #15 and take BPA. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

Have been reading on twitter from people that attended the combine that the worst kept secret is that Denver wants Henry Ruggs. 

But they didn't even interview Bradley Chubb either ..... does make sense but subterfuge perhaps ??

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

He may not have had a clue, but they did meet with him at the combine, but didn’t bring him in for an official visit.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/bradley-chubb-on-meeting-with-broncos-prior-to-being-selected/

Man, was I ever wrong...my point was still this time of year you never know the truth from deception. While Ruggs does fit a need here in DEN, that decision won't be made until we know who's on the board at the time of our selection. The don't call them MOCK drafts for nothing. 

• Like 1

With us acquiring Bouye barring an off-field issue that makes a guy like Simmons fall to 15 I would be floored if we didn’t go OT or WR at 1.15 now.   

As @BroncoBruin outlined if 3 QB go before us there will be a top 3 WR or top 4 T left who will also be arguably overall BPA (my dream combo).    If we get a T I’d much prefer if it’s not Becton.   Guys with tools but raw pass pro technique are the scariest to take Rd1.   The other 3 T have top 5 tools but way more polished technique.  There are never any guarantees but they have great ceilings and a much higher floor.     Andrew Thomas would be a dream scenario for T.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, champ11 said:

No way 3 wide receivers go before 15 right???

I wouldn't feel great about that bet.  It's really a 50-50 prop.   Jets & Raiders are obvious targets, although D is a huge area for OAK to attack.  BUF too.

The X-factor is ARI - who would be nuts to do anything but address their trenches.   But it's Kliff Kingsbury, who loves his speed O.....so who knows.

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I wouldn't feel great about that bet.  It's really a 50-50 prop.   Jets & Raiders are obvious targets, although D is a huge area for OAK to attack.  BUF too.

The X-factor is ARI - who would be nuts to do anything but address their trenches.   But it's Kliff Kingsbury, who loves his speed O.....so who knows.

Yeah.  ARI, NYJ, LV, and OAK are all teams ahead of Denver with a WR need.  Ruggs 4.27 might be enough to entice a team without a glaring need as well, IMO.

Either way, I think an elite WR or elite OT is there at #15 and both are needs.  

• Like 1