2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The instant acceleration is something you can’t really do anything about on defense. Just hope you have a couple guys in position by the time he turns the jets on.

I also love the way he’ll accelerate at full speed through contact. That screen play vs. Ole Miss where he goes full steam into a few defenders (including his little brother) at the goal line showed a lot about his football character. They were up 35 in the second half and he still wanted to put his body on the line and knock little brother on his ***. I believe Saban was quoted as calling Ruggs the most competitive player in their program. He gets after it as a blocker too.

Yep.  He is going to be a stud.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver having video visits with Boise State OT Ezra Cleveland and Michigan State LB Joe Bachie.  Those add to the list of Temple OC Matt Hennessy and LSU CB Kristian Fulton. 

Denver also interviewed Cleveland at the Combine as 1 of their 30 formal interviews.

Bumping this since it was at the end of the page.

8 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver having video visits with Boise State OT Ezra Cleveland and Michigan State LB Joe Bachie.  Those add to the list of Temple OC Matt Hennessy and LSU CB Kristian Fulton. 

Denver also interviewed Cleveland at the Combine as 1 of their 30 formal interviews.

Bachie’s an interesting one. Any LB reported to meet with Denver should catch people’s eyes, given how picky Fangio is at that position. He was not high on the Devins last year and made no secret of it.

14 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Bachie’s an interesting one. Any LB reported to meet with Denver should catch people’s eyes, given how picky Fangio is at that position. He was not high on the Devins last year and made no secret of it.

Was thinking the same.  Looked him up supposedly pretty productive vs the pass and tested decent.  Was suspended for PEDs for half the season.

54 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

That said, Bush turned out pretty good though so what does that say...

One of my buddies is a MSU alumn. Watched a few games this year. Really like what I saw from Bachie. One of those Lbs who seemed to know the play before the snap. His anticipation/instincts is off the charts but he was fast enough to keep up with the OSU TEs.

His draft profile is a lot like Josey but bigger, stronger and with better athleticism. He may end up being the player I thought Josey was before he tested so poorly and didn't adjust to NFL speed. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

He was okay. It’s a high bar for 1st round rookies at LB and he didn’t meet that mark. 

No IIRC he didn’t even earn a starting role for part of the season and was more of a sub package LB.

4 hours ago, germ-x said:

I can agree with this in Ruggs case.  I think something to keep in mind is Denver is building a team to beat the Chiefs. Fangio stated to beat the Chiefs it requires scoring 30+ points.  Denver is trying to build an explosive/high scoring offense.  What I like about Ruggs is his speed is special and requires attention no matter what, freeing up Sutton/Fant and whoever else.  Ruggs speed and big play ability are at a level where he can make a massive impact even catching the ball only 50x in a season.

Lamb is the complete player.  It’s actually Jeudy who scares me the most.

While I absolutely agree we are being built to beat the Chiefs,  I don't believe we HAVE to use speed to do that, talent is what we need. So I agree that Jeudy is my #1 target, he's the only player I would move up for. 

10 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

82% of defensive snaps, 15 starts. I don’t think he was very good though. 

Ya that could be right.  I just remember a Sunday or Monday night game where he seemed to be off the field a lot. 

• Like 1

Man... CJ Henderson is so frustrating to watch. He could be the whole package if he just wanted to tackle... it’s surprising given how physical he is when pressing at the line. Watching his tape I start getting really excited about him and how sticky he is in coverage, turns his head and find the football, athleticism and all. And then he has to make a tackle on anyone, even a qb, and he dives for the shoelaces every time... is it a stretch to say he’s a worse tackler than Greedy Williams? 

16 hours ago, paul-mac said:

On a GM mock on another forum, 10 picks in and the following players have gone:

1. Bengals - Burrow

2. Redskins - Young

3. Dolphins (T) - Tua

4. Giants - Simmons

5. Lions (T) - Okudah

6. Chargers - Herbert

7. Panthers - Brown

8. Cardinals - Lamb

9. Jaguars - Jeudy

10. Browns - Becton

If Wills or Wirfs is there at 15 do I turn the card in? 

Update on this. There was a super annoying run from 8-14 where every pick was OT or WR.

8. Cardinals - Lamb

9. Jaguars - Jeudy

10. Browns - Becton

11. Jets - Ruggs

12. 49ers - Wills

13. Raiders - Thomas

14. Bucs - Wirfs

I ended up having to go BPA and choose between Kinlaw, Chaisson and Henderson. I ended up going Henderson because although I prefer Kinlaw as a player, he has character issues which @germ-x quite rightly pointed out are an even bigger red flag than usual in this unique offseason.