2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

15 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Right now Fulton’s my #1 target at CB, but I really like Arnette as well. Gladney and Igbinoghene would be next I think. Gladney looks pretty stiff at times, but I love the bulldog mentality at corner. Igbinoghene has the same, and he’s more fluid, but while our scheme doesn’t call for it as much as some, I don’t like his “island” game. He gets too handsy when he plays press, and struggles to turn his head. But I didn’t realize he was a WR until college, that changes my outlook on him. 

Fulton’s a good player.  His game vs Alabama is excellent with all of those weapons.  I don’t know that he’s ever a star, but he’s going to be good for a long time.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Finished watching Herbert last night.  His game vs Cal is as bad a game of QB play I’ve seen in awhile.

Wait for the ASU game.  The killer part is that both teams are clearly inferior to Oregon.  Too many games like that to feel good about taking him Rd1.  The tools will make someone believe they can fix him. 

Edited by Broncofan

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Wait for the ASU game.  The killer part is that both teams are clearly inferior to Oregon.  Too many games like that to feel good about taking him Rd1.  The tools will make someone believe they can fix him. 

I watched a fair bit of Herbert this year.  I’m telling you, whatever “IT” is when it comes to winning Quarterbacks, Herbert just does not have “It”.  Would never spend a first on him. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yep.  I’ve gotten through 33 prospects and he currently sits 28th.  In that Cal game half his completions were still terrible throws. 

20 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yep.  I’ve gotten through 33 prospects and he currently sits 28th.  In that Cal game half his completions were still terrible throws. 

And ppl who go off boxscores do not realize how wide open the receivers are - or how much they inflate the numbers by going 30+ yards off a 15 yard hitch route.    Herbert's TD's in big games were literally 70+ percent of time short routes, swing routes, or guys wide open by 3+ yards.   You don't see those windows in the NFL except for the odd busted play. 

On 4/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, BroncoBruin said:

Klis is convinced they’ll go either WR or CB in Round 1, and all but guaranteed a WR in their first two picks. 

I vote CB in that case if the prospects are similarly valued. It's a) a more important position and b) from what I understand WR is a deeper position in this year's class compared to CB. 

I'm worried we're going to take Laviska at No. 15 as Matt "pour me another drink" Russell's influence looms large. If you look at how many CU players and players with ties to the Patriot Way we have added, it's a fact he wields a great deal of influence at Dove Valley. 

11 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I vote CB in that case if the prospects are similarly valued. It's a) a more important position and b) from what I understand WR is a deeper position in this year's class compared to CB. 

I'm worried we're going to take Laviska at No. 15 as Matt "pour me another drink" Russell's influence looms large. If you look at how many CU players and players with ties to the Patriot Way we have added, it's a fact he wields a great deal of influence at Dove Valley. 

Well if we trade down 15 spots maybe - actually no - not even there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

If one of the top 3 WRs are available at #15 that player would very likely be BPA.  

This isn’t a bad CB class either.  More than likely there will be a good CB at #46 and possibly even #77.  Bryce Hall is an interesting one that could last to #77 could see him going way before that too.  But with his severe season ending ankle injury last year and not being able to test (he had questions about speed even before injury) he’ll come with more risk than even a normal year this year with everything preventing teams of getting a full evaluation.

It’s going to be a weird draft.  A lot of players unable to test.  Teams unable to visit as many.  Teams already concerned with how draft day trading is going to work virtually.  I think you see a lot more teams play this very safe.  

This isn’t a bad CB class either.  More than likely there will be a good CB at #46 and possibly even #77.  Bryce Hall is an interesting one that could last to #77 could see him going way before that too.  But with his severe season ending ankle injury last year and not being able to test (he had questions about speed even before injury) he’ll come with more risk than even a normal year this year with everything preventing teams of getting a full evaluation.

I love Hall's fit in this zone scheme, but I cant put him ahead of Amik. That kid is going to be a mosnter. I dont care if he is only 5'08. He is an electric playmaker and will be a excellent CB. I think he can fit as an outside CB in a zon heavy scheme and become one of the top 10 playmaking CB's in this league. 

If you look at how many CU players and players with ties to the Patriot Way we have added, it's a fact he wields a great deal of influence at Dove Valley. 

Except we really havent brought in more CU guys than CSU and going off this logic we should avoid all CSU players because Ty was a bust. 

I dont like Shenault in R1, but I would take him R2 if he falls. But, more than him, I am really liking Davion Taylor as a middle round LB. He is a tremendously high character guy with an excellent work ethic and immediate ST value. Insane measurables, like off the carts for a LB. He would be a teriffic developmental LB as long as we dont hope for immediate returns outside ST. But I assume you will dislike him based on the colors he wore in college. :D

I don’t think it’s inconceivable that Viska slips to the 3rd round. 

I agree. Very unrefined skillset and injury history makes him quite the risk, especially when the WR position is so stacked. 

The risk, clearly, would easily be worth it in R3. A trio of Sutton, Jeudy and Viska could be absolutely electric. 

• Like 1