2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

If we're worried about the here and now I like Shenault round 2 I mean he's gonna burn bright for a short amount of time imo.

I am lukewarm at best on Shenault. He's got well documented injury issues, and while he's effective with the ball in his hands, I'm not sure he's going to be running full route trees and beating people the same way he did in college.

Jeudy/Lamb are far more pro-ready receivers that can have an impact immediately.

From Dane Bugler's full mock on the athletic

15. Denver Broncos – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
The Broncos are looking for another playmaker opposite Courtland Sutton and I hear they really like CeeDee Lamb and Denzel Mims. But they also really like Jerry Jeudy with his brake-and-balance skills to uncover at will mid-route.

Denver Broncos
1 (15) WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
2 (46) CB Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
3 (77) LB Willlie Gay, Mississippi State
3 (83) DT Davon Hamilton, Ohio State
3 (95) OT/G Hakeem Adeniji, Kansas
4 (118) DS K’Von Wallace, Clemson
5 (178) WR Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State
6 (181) EDGE Carter Coughlin, Minnesota
7 (252) OT/G Justin Herron, Wake Forest
7 (254) CB Zane Lewis, Air Force

Mims is interesting in terms of where draftniks have him.  I currently have him ranked top 25.  There’s more projection with him than other receivers.  I can also see where he makes more sense for some teams than Jefferson.  Jefferson might be a pure slot player, so I think you have realize that he may not have an impact lining up out wide.  Mims size/speed make him an instant deep threat in the NFL who I see having a Robby Anderson type floor and could be even better because he’s a stronger player than Anderson.

I love Willie Gay. He's an absolute missile on the field. The gamble, of course, is on the off-the-field side. He's got his fair share of issues, most of them seem to be related to fighting teammates and the like. Bringing him into a locker room with guys like Von, Chubb, Kareem, Justin Simmons, Todd Davis, etc...could be a good gamble. Some strong leadership on the defensive side of the football.

Interesting from Albert Breer that Denver is interested in trading up, potentially for an OT. Sounds like a bit of a smokescreen to me, personally. Woody Paige (much more clued in) thinks trading DOWN is actually more likely. That one I find particularly interesting. I could see our spot being a target for someone like Jordan Love. A team at the bottom (NE, GB?) trading up to get a new QB for the future? 

I'm not sure I agree with the trade down strategy, unless Denver values a ton of guys equally. But to the original point, I am skeptical we would trade up for a tackle. 

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

From Dane Bugler's full mock on the athletic

I was thinking about mocks last night, and why I don’t like looking at team-specific mocks. If you don’t account for everything that happens on the board, it’s so easy to just ‘best case scenario’ every pick. Assume you take a WR at 1.15, and oh hey, my favourite 2nd tier CB target falls to the bottom end of their expected range at 2.46, and then my favourite OL prospect slides to the bottom of their range at 3.77, etc etc.

When playing around with mock simulators, that’s the thing that’s really jumped out at me: you never know how the board is gonna fall. Take as close to BPA as possible. If you trade up for a WR in the first, you’ve gotta be comfortable enough with that pick to be able to look at a potential 2.46 board full of your second tier favourites like Aiyuk, Mims, Higgins, Reagor, etc, and really short on your other needs at CB, OL, and still think, ‘man, I’m pumped we got Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb.’

Like, I’d love to pick Thomas if he’s there at 1.15, but if the best WR’s available at 2.46 are Shenault/Pittman/Hamler, am I still feeling good? Have I then forced myself to trade up from 2.46 if there’s a run on WR like that? The more I think about it, the more aggressive I’d wanna be at filling my major needs with players I love, but then at the same time, the draft is such a crapshoot that the best way to win at it is to have as many lottery tickets (picks) as possible, especially on day three. 

So really I’m just talking in circles and I have no idea how I’d actually want to run a draft room. Thank you for coming to the worst TED talk in history. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Interesting from Albert Breer that Denver is interested in trading up, potentially for an OT. Sounds like a bit of a smokescreen to me, personally. Woody Paige (much more clued in) thinks trading DOWN is actually more likely. That one I find particularly interesting. I could see our spot being a target for someone like Jordan Love. A team at the bottom (NE, GB?) trading up to get a new QB for the future? 

I'm not sure I agree with the trade down strategy, unless Denver values a ton of guys equally. But to the original point, I am skeptical we would trade up for a tackle. 

I’ve been thinking about Miami as a possible trade down partner. If LAC jumps them for Tua at the top, maybe the Dolphins grab their LT and then target Love or possible even Herbert with their next pick.

15+95 for 18+70+154 works perfectly on the trade charts. If Herbert and Love fall, that probably means all the top OT and WR  options are off the board at 1.15, which would be a great fit for both teams. I’d love to own the top half of the 3rd with three picks. 

10 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I’ll be upset if they trade up for a WR.  Too deep a WR draft to waste the capital on that, especially for WR.  Let the draft come to them. Still a good chance that one of the WR, OT, or Kinlaw is there.  If not, try to trade back (I’d be all for it), and if can’t trade back, go ahead and take Jefferson, Mims, McKinney, or the best CB on your board.  

12 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Broncos met with CB Cameron Danzler after reportedly running a 4.38  at his Pro Day. Really wouldn't hurt to have a 6'2" 190lb corner who can run like the wind, especially with the wideouts in our division. 

I don’t trust any of these virtual pro day times.  But do like Dantzler as a fit for Denver.  

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I don’t trust any of these virtual pro day times.  But do like Dantzler as a fit for Denver.  

Well, he did run an underwhelming 4.64 40 at the Combine, which his agent said was because of a tweeked hammy. He was expected to run in the low 4.4’s so it’s not outrageous. Very similar thought to Jalen Reagor running a 4.47 at the Combine then dropping it to a 4.27 (4.22 on a hand-timed 40) at his Pro Day. But Broncos saw the Buffs Pro Day wher LB Davon Taylor dropped hud 40 from a 4.49 to a 4.38 so it can happen

44 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Broncos met with CB Cameron Danzler after reportedly running a 4.38  at his Pro Day. Really wouldn't hurt to have a 6'2" 190lb corner who can run like the wind, especially with the wideouts in our division. 

Dantzler is absolute glue. Will probably need to add significant bulk though, I’ve read he’s actually 185 lbs. At 6’2”, that could be a problem. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, he did run an underwhelming 4.64 40 at the Combine, which his agent said was because of a tweeked hammy. He was expected to run in the low 4.4’s so it’s not outrageous. Very similar thought to Jalen Reagor running a 4.47 at the Combine then dropping it to a 4.27 (4.22 on a hand-timed 40) at his Pro Day. But Broncos saw the Buffs Pro Day wher LB Davon Taylor dropped hud 40 from a 4.49 to a 4.38 so it can happen

Guys always run faster at their pro days.  If Dantzler’s hammy was tweaked I could see it.  But without having my own guys there, it’s still hard to trust.  A 4.64 to a 4.38 is insane.  Dantzler 100% had to get a new time out because 4.64 probably took him off half or more of NFL teams boards.

He’s a good fit for Denver, but IMO we’re talking as a selection in round 4 at the earliest.