2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

We don't really seem to be too interested in anything other than developmental OT's.

Just a wild thought but maybe after watching Schlottman at RG they figured he was already the 3rd best OT on the team.

Don't you mean Wilkerson ?? Heard he'll be competing with Bolles for the LT spot.

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Don't you mean Wilkerson ?? Heard he'll be competing with Bolles for the LT spot.

I think thats a smoke screen. I think more realistically they want to find out if he can play on the left, even as a backup. I don't think that's very likely.

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I think thats a smoke screen. I think more realistically they want to find out if he can play on the left, even as a backup. I don't think that's very likely.

Well, you seemed to be more impressed with Schlottman than I am, he makes a nice backup but I think there's too much talent out there for him to be much more. Sure hope you're seeing what I don't

10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, you seemed to be more impressed with Schlottman than I am, he makes a nice backup but I think there's too much talent out there for him to be much more. Sure hope you're seeing what I don't

I'm just guessin' but he really seems like a square peg in a round hole. He moves really well but doesn't have the frame or build to stand up to the IOL bumper car game with 6'3" 320 lb fireplugs.

I think he's much more suited to the outside and could be an ideal swing tackle/backup. 

Edited by AKRNA

I keep reading and seeing smoke about a Denver and Cleveland trade. Cleveland really likes Ezra Cleveland and historically trade down like crazy. I just personally hope we don’t pass on Andrew Thomas. I’ve seen Philly wants to move up and Atlanta too. However, Elway is a trade king lol

Who do you guys think Elway would want at #10?

14 hours ago, AKRNA said:

So, the odds of that happening are about 8%.

First rd is about 90%, 2nd is about 75%, third drops below 50% and it's rapidly downhill from there. 

If we were able to package a 3rd and first to get Lamb I'd be ecstatic.

RB, QB and WR have the biggest bust rate when drafted in R1 - unfortunately you generally have to go for QB - but the others you don't.

Now - this is a good WR class and if a WR is there at 15 by all means taken him - if not take BPA -  and look at the WRs in R2 - but don't trade up for a position that is more unpredictable than most in R1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I keep reading and seeing smoke about a Denver and Cleveland trade. Cleveland really likes Ezra Cleveland and historically trade down like crazy. I just personally hope we don’t pass on Andrew Thomas. I’ve seen Philly wants to move up and Atlanta too. However, Elway is a trade king lol

Who do you guys think Elway would want at #10?

I would assume it would be for a WR.  They’ve been linked to Ruggs all offseason and Elway and company don’t usually hide their intentions.  Recently there have been some reports that Lamb might be the guy at the top of their WR board.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I would assume it would be for a WR.  They’ve been linked to Ruggs all offseason and Elway and company don’t usually hide their intentions.  Recently there have been some reports that Lamb might be the guy at the top of their WR board.

Interesting. I’ve read Elway doesn’t hide stuff well.

If Andrew Thomas isn’t at 10, I really hope Cleveland can swing a deal and pick up some mid round picks. 

6 hours ago, champ11 said:

Can definitely see us trading down a few slots and taking Jefferson/Mims 

Jefferson is a slot WR and Mims is a carbon copy of what we already have in Sutton.

Why not trade up to #10 with the Browns and grab Jeudy, then take KJ Hill in the 4th or 5th round to be your slot. 

Sutton/Jeudy on the outside and Hill/Hamilton on the inside with Fant/Vannett at TE....whoooofff

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Jefferson is a slot WR and Mims is a carbon copy of what we already have in Sutton.

Why not trade up to #10 with the Browns and grab Jeudy, then take KJ Hill in the 4th or 5th round to be your slot. 

Sutton/Jeudy on the outside and Hill/Hamilton on the inside with Fant/Vannett at TE....whoooofff

If the Broncos trade up that high, I want a LT.

• Like 1

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

If the Broncos trade up that high, I want a LT.

meh. Im higher on Bolles than most and think with this being essentially a contract year you will get a extremely motivated player. I think you could do much worse than him at LT eventhough all the fans seem to hate him for holding. If the Browns are open to trading that pick---its because a really good LT isnt there considering they need one badly.

If the Broncos trade up it I really hope its for Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb/Simmons/Okudah