2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

What if Winston wasn't the Bucs long term option at qb so they did a short term deal with Wisnton ala Bortles 2017 what do you think of this trade idea long ways away. Assuming Lock is serviceable and Winston keeps being Winston. Took the Bills trade model and added to it.

Buccaneers send bc BA isn't getting any younger :

3 firsts

1 second 

.                 4th( to get Lindsay's replacement or a Freeman compliment)

Oj Howard 

Denver sends because Fangio isn't getting any younger lol: Von Miller to be Shaqs running mate again

Lindsay- perfect rb in BAs offense

.                              (  Top 5 pick )- Herbert or Burrow

.                             Heurman or Hamilton since one we found a replacement and Heurman is cheap or Hamilton because he wouldn't fit the 2 te offense we would employ with Sutton and a burner via the draft. 

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Personally, I'd say you were short at least one 1st rounder. Out of the 3 1sts TB is giving, one is a swap for our 1st, a probable trade down there so the a 1st and 2nd would be trade boot there. Then that makes it a 1st,  a 4th and OJ Howard for Von, a Pro Bowl RB in Lindsay and probably Heurmann, seems very lite to me but I'm higher on Von than you seem to be.

You both are delusional if you think TAM is giving up 3 first rounders for Von and Lindsay.

TAM can simply draft a RB on Day 2-3 and get Lindsay's skill set.   The reason why I advocat we dip into Rd 3-4 or later for another RB this year because of its amazing depth for top RB talent is the same reason why TAM doesn't need to spend a 1st on a guy with only 2 cheap years left - they can get a guy with 4 cheap years and give 80-90 percent ceiling - the price isn't worth the difference and lost years. 

As for DL, the Bucs already have Shaq Barrett and JPP (and remember, they can simply tag Barrett to keep him, which they are certainly going to do if they can't agree to an extension - our loss in a huge way).   They have Vita Vea & Devin White / Lavonte David (along with Suh) providing the top run D and huge inside pressure as well on passing downs.   TAM's problem isn't their front 7, it's their secondary -  a bottom 5 unit.     They have a top 10 front 7, they're already the best run D by DVOA and top 10 pass rush. Von's great, but it doesn't mean they need to spend THAT much to try and upgrade.   If you tried to present this in the TAM forum, they'd laugh you right out of the house.   Not kidding.

This is a classic "oh wow great for us" - but you'd need a brain-dead GM, staff and owner to agree.   It's beyond 0 percent chance that any GM,  let alone one that has a D that is loaded in the front 4 and pass rush but weak at corner and OL, would accept.   Their priorities outside of committing to QB (which I suspect they transition tag given the relative cost and their draft position), are to get a premium LT and CB help.    Von is a luxury item, and RB is the easiest position to replace.   That's a completely, completely delusional trade scenario.   Present it to the TAM forum and be ready for scorn & ridicule - it's that unbalanced.   

Edited by Broncofan

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

You're delusional if you think TAM is giving up 3 first rounders for Von and Lindsay.

Did you miss the trading up to get their qb of the future part? Or the fact that Arians loves scat rbs or the fact that JPP had a significant  neck injury?

Is it a little rich maybe but the idea is sound what would a fair offer to you sound like assuming they were picking in the 10- 15 range?

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

You both are delusional if you think TAM is giving up 3 first rounders for Von and Lindsay.

TAM can simply draft a RB on Day 2-3 and get Lindsay's skill set.   The reason why I advocat we dip into Rd 3-4 or later for another RB this year because of its amazing depth for top RB talent is the same reason why TAM doesn't need to spend a 1st on a guy with only 2 cheap years left - they can get a guy with 4 cheap years and give 80-90 percent ceiling - the price isn't worth the difference and lost years. 

As for DL, the Bucs already have Shaq Barrett and JPP (and remember, they can simply tag Barrett to keep him, which they are certainly going to do if they can't agree to an extension - our loss in a huge way).   They have Vita Vea & Devin White / Lavonte David (along with Suh) providing the top run D and huge inside pressure as well on passing downs.   TAM's problem isn't their front 7, it's their secondary -  a bottom 5 unit.     They have a top 10 front 7, they're already the best run D by DVOA and top 10 pass rush. Von's great, but it doesn't mean they need to spend THAT much to try and upgrade.   If you tried to present this in the TAM forum, they'd laugh you right out of the house.   Not kidding.

This is a classic "oh wow great for us" - but you'd need a brain-dead GM, staff and owner to agree.   It's beyond 0 percent chance that any GM,  let alone one that has a D that is loaded in the front 4 and pass rush but weak at corner and OL, would accept.   Their priorities outside of committing to QB (which I suspect they transition tag given the relative cost and their draft position), are to get a premium LT and CB help.    Von is a luxury item, and RB is the easiest position to replace.   That's a completely, completely delusional trade scenario.   Present it to the TAM forum and be ready for scorn & ridicule - it's that unbalanced.   

Don’t overlook the pick swap upgrading TB to get them a franchise QB, can’t underestimate that value 

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

Don’t overlook the pick swap upgrading TB to get them a franchise QB

That's why I thought it made sense for Lindsay involved if Tampa sells out for a qb those later round resources could be used on something else making Lindsay with two cheap years logical. 

The trade may be too Rich for the point system for sure though but Buffalo offered 2 firsts 12 22 plus two seconds to go from 12 to 5. That's not including added assets of Von and Lindsay in the trade.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Don’t overlook the pick swap upgrading TB to get them a franchise QB, can’t underestimate that value 

Take Von out if the deal add in a second to match the buffalo trade. Leave Lindsay and Howard in it.

Lindsay is replaceable and OJ Howard is a miscast in Bruce Arians scheme. I'd even give them Huerman to sweeten the pot lol hes at a reasonable price.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Did you miss the trading up to get their qb of the future part? Or the fact that Arians loves scat rbs or the fact that JPP had a significant  neck injury?

Is it a little rich maybe but the idea is sound what would a fair offer to you sound like assuming they were picking in the 10- 15 range?

No I saw it.  Still delusional.  If you float the idea in the TAM forum and get their take it will settle the issue instead of trying to sell it to DEN fans on why they should do it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

No I saw it.  Still delusional.  If you float the idea in the TAM forum and get their take it will settle the issue instead of trying to sell it to DEN fans on why they should do it. 

Already done when I put the deal of the Buffalo parameters it got a like after a low ball offer from a fan. They aren't interested in Miller bc of the price and having to pay JPP and Shaq. 

Lindsay the comment was BA doesn't value rbs which may be true but when giving up two firsts and two seconds for a top 5 pick they might change their tune. 

I'd prefer Howard to a 3rd round pick for Lindsay just because a legit 2 te offense sounds so fun and inline tes are hard to find and develop. Howard could be a building block and core piece for 5 plus years. If we gave up Lindsay in that package on draft day and went BPA at rb at some point even with one of our third after addressing the line our team would be so much improved. 

.... and there's only 3 tes in the top 100 next year so far... so if we can somehow swap OJ Howard for Philip Lindsay in that trade up with Tampa Buffalo style the needs of the draft most notably line up with our picks.

A second year Lock with a rookie runningback in a rotation sounds more interesting to me with OJ Howard.

And BA with a rookie QB behind center might want an established cheap veteran in Lindsay to help a rookie qb just food for thought.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Well if float it over in ANY other forum they’ll want to pay a 4th for Von. It’s all perspective

23 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Well if float it over in ANY other forum they’ll want to pay a 4th for Von. It’s all perspective

The reasons why they don’t want guys are informative.  Von isn’t a need and Lindsay is an asset that’s replaceable.  It doesn’t fit their needs.  And no QB we are likely letting them trade up for is that important to them. 

As long as it’s GM Licht Winston is their guy unless he literally melts down completely.  As in worse than now (yes it’s been bad of late). Most likely he gets the transition tag and they draft a Day 2 guy.  If you don’t believe me - the GM has created burner accounts supporting Winston.  And the Glazer family doesn’t make hasty moves.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As long as it’s GM Licht Winston is their guy unless he literally melts down completely.  As in worse than now (yes it’s been bad of late). Most likely he gets the transition tag and they draft a Day 2 guy.  If you don’t believe me - the GM has created burner accounts supporting Winston.  And the Glazer family doesn’t make hasty moves.   

Ok than cross this move off the list but there is some generational talent as well as deep talent in this class.

I'd consider taking a Buffalo style haul for Thomas tackle talent is too great plus Munchak a trade down stock the cupboard makes too much sense, Jeudy who is the best wr prospect since Megatron if you can get a big haul why not.

The tackle from Iowa Whirfs in a trade down, Simmons from Clemson, Ceedee Lamb from Bama are too good of a consolation prize to stay complacent in the top 4 which is where I believe this team is headed with Allen at the helm lol. Now if Young is there then I'm pausing. 

This is a great year to have a top 5 pick.

Edited by thebestever6

16 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Ok than cross this move off the list but there is some generational talent as well as deep talent in this class.

I'd consider taking a Buffalo style haul for Thomas tackle talent is too great plus Munchak a trade down stock the cupboard makes too much sense, Jeudy who is the best wr prospect since Megatron if you can get a big haul why not.

The tackle from Iowa Whirfs in a trade down, Simmons from Clemson, Ceedee Lamb from Bama are too good of a consolation prize to stay complacent in the top 4 which is where I believe this team is headed with Allen at the helm lol. Now if Young is there then I'm pausing. 

This is a great year to have a top 5 pick.

It’s Wirfs and Lamb is from Oklahoma 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Lol I got 6 months to get it right lmao. What's Henry Riggins from Bama  or however you spell it good at? 

Who's better between him and Lamb?

I like Lamb more. Henry Ruggs the 3rd is the 3rd ranked receiver for me. He is a field stretcher but he is tough and has good hands. Lamb is slippery and has better ball control and 50/50 ability but Ruggs is more explosive.